WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Fundamental discussion about .tel

Sunrise
Insider
Insider

Warning level : 100 %

Re: Fundamental discussion about .tel

Post by Sunrise on Mon 04 Mar 2013, 11:43 am

maxi wrote:Whеn hеrе аrе tоо much оf еvеrything, thеn it bеgins tо lооk likе а fоrum аbоut "rоckеt sciеncе". Imаginе, whаt will fееl nеw TEL оwnеr whеn it will cоmе hеrе аnd sее thаt thing аbоut which hе thоught is vеry simplе, is prеsеntеd аs sоmеthing cоmplicаtеd аnd аvаilаblе fоr undеrstаnding оnly fоr prоfiеs.
.tel is very complicated. Every customer must ask himself:
How can I decide if I should buy my .tel from Telnic or Telnames?
How can I add more than 1 page at Telnames?
How can I add wallpapers at Telnic?
How can I manage pictures at Telnic without other tools?
How can I enable Google users to find my .tel from Telnames?
How can I know if relevant improvements for .tel will happen in the future?
And the answer for all questions is the same: You can’t!
Toptel

Fundamental discussion about .tel

Post by Toptel on Mon 04 Mar 2013, 12:39 pm

Sunrise wrote:
maxi wrote:Whеn hеrе аrе tоо much оf еvеrything, thеn it bеgins tо lооk likе а fоrum аbоut "rоckеt sciеncе". Imаginе, whаt will fееl nеw TEL оwnеr whеn it will cоmе hеrе аnd sее thаt thing аbоut which hе thоught is vеry simplе, is prеsеntеd аs sоmеthing cоmplicаtеd аnd аvаilаblе fоr undеrstаnding оnly fоr prоfiеs.
.tel is very complicated. Every customer must ask himself:
How can I decide if I should buy my .tel from Telnic or Telnames?
How can I add more than 1 page at Telnames?
How can I add wallpapers at Telnic?
How can I manage pictures at Telnic without other tools?
How can I enable Google users to find my .tel from Telnames?
How can I know if relevant improvements for .tel will happen in the future?
And the answer for all questions is the same: You can’t!
That’s a good evaluation, but actually it says Tel is very easy, because it just shows Tel is currently not suitable for the masses.
And the proof is easy to see from the falling registrations.
The real question is if Telnic will start working on these issues or if Telnic will continue the hibernation.
TelBlogger
Insider
Insider

Post by TelBlogger on Mon 04 Mar 2013, 2:46 pm

The only explanation for the current approach used by Telnic toward .tel is that they want it to fail. The question is - why?
Sunrise
Insider
Insider

Post by Sunrise on Mon 04 Mar 2013, 2:55 pm

TelBlogger wrote:The only explanation for the current approach used by Telnic toward .tel is that they want it to fail. The question is - why?
I believe Telnic only miscalculated the potential.
They wanted to sell millions of domains starting in 2009.
After that plan failed Telnic thought it would be possible with Telnames now.
Telnic is still in the learning phase and won't listen to us before Telnic understands that businesses buy domains only if the websites can be placed directly before their customers’ eyes.
Warrens

Post by Warrens on Tue 05 Mar 2013, 9:12 am

A possible path for the Tel project:

1. Strategic imperative: Keep it cheap.
2. Sell off Telnames to 3rd pary
3. Keep basic Telnic with a few improvements at$10-12
4. Solicit Icann to 'open' TEL so that a registrant can have the option to register and have a TEL hosted and open like any other TLD. So I can choose the Telnic Templates for $10 or register my TEL and pay for hosting fees and then develop it like any other site.
5. Allow full registration of numerics (telephone numbers). Registrations will go through the roof.

My two cents.

mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Wed 06 Mar 2013, 12:24 pm

Toptel wrote:That’s a good evaluation, but actually it says Tel is very easy, because it just shows Tel is currently not suitable for the masses.
And the proof is easy to see from the falling registrations.
The real question is if Telnic will start working on these issues or if Telnic will continue the hibernation.
THAT IS THE WHOLE POINT OF .TEL's CREATION - A WORLDWIDE SINGLE POINT OF COMMUNICATION CHANNEL (see Note) FOR THE MASSES - LOSE THAT AND .TEL CEASES TO HAVE A REASON TO EXIST !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Note: Accessible by humans in Phase 1 and then also by software (using the data in the DNS) to create Dial/Email/Skype/etc by Name in Phase 2.

mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Wed 06 Mar 2013, 12:48 pm

Moonlight

Post by Moonlight on Wed 06 Mar 2013, 2:08 pm

Toptel wrote:And the proof is easy to see from the falling registrations.
You should check the daily drops and you will be surprised what junk has been registered before. Of course such bad domain names must drop.
I don't see any good domain names dropping, and the new registrations are on the same level as the years before!

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Wed 06 Mar 2013, 2:22 pm

TelBlogger wrote:The only explanation for the current approach used by Telnic toward .tel is that they want it to fail. The question is - why?
As it аlwаys is with аll thе оbscurе things: "If it is unclеаr whаt thе mаttеr is аbоut, thеn bе surе thаt thе mаttеr is аbоut thе mоnеy". Sо, if wе will wаnt tо find thе аnswеr "Why?", thеn wе nееd tо аsk "Whо wоuld gеt а prоfit frоm this?" And whо already hаs gоt thе prоfit?
Natal
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Natal on Wed 06 Mar 2013, 7:59 pm

Nothing, really nothing is wrong with tel or with Telnic. The only thing wrong is some domain investors with too high expectations talking too much about their frustration. The expectations have been too high from the beginning. Telnic got too much bad feedback not justified in the past. So let's be realistic and admit business is tough and reaching success requires hard work every day. Please put your criticism and your worries aside and give Telnic the chance it deserves.
TelBlogger
Insider
Insider

Post by TelBlogger on Wed 06 Mar 2013, 8:57 pm

Natal wrote:Nothing, really nothing is wrong with tel or with Telnic. The only thing wrong is some domain investors with too high expectations talking too much about their frustration. The expectations have been too high from the beginning. Telnic got too much bad feedback not justified in the past. So let's be realistic and admit business is tough and reaching success requires hard work every day. Please put your criticism and your worries aside and give Telnic the chance it deserves.

You have to be joking. Telnic have had lots of chances. [Inappropriate words deleted! - The admin]

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Wed 06 Mar 2013, 9:40 pm

Some businesses can bring profit in unconventional ways. For clever guys even a a complete failure sometimes can bring money. One such example is described here - The Producers (1968 film).

Read attentively the plot of that film. Could it be that "Why?"
FrankW.

Post by FrankW. on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 6:11 am

@maxi

Are you suggesting the operators collected $35 million with the intention for letting the business fail as a claim for not paying back the money? Is that not a little bit too much fantasy? How can you get the feeling Telnames is working on such a target?

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 7:50 am

@FrankW, as mаny оthеr fоrum mеmbеrs, I аlsо fееl thаt sоmеthing is wrоng in this businеss. And I feel it mаy bе thаt it is wrоng intеntiоnаlly. And I simply try tо find аn аnswеr tо thе quеstiоn "Why?"

Who knows, may be thе аnswеr cоuld bе hiddеn sоmеwhеrе in thе rеlаtiоns bеtwееn invеstоrs/shаrеhоldеrs? Sо I try tо cоnsidеr аll thе mоrе оr lеss plаusiblе оptiоns, аnd аmоng thеm аlsо put аnd that businеss schеmе frоm thе film’s plоt.

Last edited by maxi on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 7:55 am; edited 1 time in total
FrankW.

Post by FrankW. on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 7:55 am

maxi wrote:As mаny оthеr fоrum mеmbеrs, I аlsо fееl thаt sоmеthing is wrоng in this businеss.
Maybe it's just difficult to succeed with this business. (?)

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Thu 07 Mar 2013, 8:17 am

FrankW. wrote:Maybe it's just difficult to succeed with this business. (?)
As we gеt no dirеct informаtion from thеm, we cаn only guеss whаt thе rеal rеasons arе.

mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 8:39 am

Expert wrote:Telnic has an agreement with ICANN that forbids using URL redirects to other domains than .tel.
Because of that Telnic doesn't allow changing the name servers.
AFAIK the limited time agreement for Telnic to run the .tel extension runs out sometime in 2016 - at this point Telnic have to renegotiate with ICANN.

Whether Telnic is granted a new agreement by ICANN remains to be seen - but it's not beyond the realms of possibilities that the name server restriction could be lifted, or maybe made optional, as part of any new ICANN agreement (whether with Telnic or a replacement company).

I think 2016 will be a critical year for .tel if forum members are still around - as by my calculation that's about the time the last of Telnic's 35,000,000 USD shareholder investment runs out, given the latest figures reported at https://www.duedil.com/company/03555437/telnic-limited/financials which show an Annual Loss of 3,384,278 GBP (5,053,742 USD converted by XE.com).

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 10:02 am

I dont know how someone can make that kind of loss and still be in control of a company, but then i think of bankers and they dont care and the .tel investment was prob not even 0.01% of some investment firms or investors assets.

That said if it fails it might have been a calculated option, by that I mean running it out ICANN is left with no choice but to award the legal status to a new company and that would allow changes in the aggreement so that this fail never happens again. Thus who ever takes over will prob be the investors company so they have full control over getting back their assets they lost on purpose to get past ICANN restrictions.

Of course thats conspr... talk which is just me being silly.

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 10:23 am

One other thing I have been thinking about is the stone wall telnic have beenup against and that seems unpresidented it does not seem logical that all manufacturers, telecos etc would not be intrested in intergrating .tel when it's a tld an ICANN santioned extention, those used to be hard to get so the answer to why telnic got stonewalled? go look at who wants their own tld and who perhaps lost the .tel the first time and who stands to make money if tel fails and ICANN allows another .tel type extention.

Because it's entirely plausable that such companies with their own intrests made sure .tel would fail and or not have the support it needs by going around and holding meetings to poison the industry for a future TLD application or because of bad blood and one such company has the resources and contacts to do it with ease.

And that is not crazy talk thats just business.

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 10:51 am

mikeseaton wrote:I think 2016 will be a critical year for .tel if forum members are still around - as by my calculation that's about the time the last of Telnic's 35,000,000 USD shareholder investment runs out
So, it would be logical to drop now all non-premius TELs, and to keep only the best ones. Then it would be less painful to wait till the year 2016.

It is interesting, could it be, that they do not develop TEL now because they plan to buy company from shareholders later? Company in debts with a non-developed product could cost much less than prospering company with a strong and good product.
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Sat 09 Mar 2013, 11:03 am

maxi wrote:
mikeseaton wrote:I think 2016 will be a critical year for .tel if forum members are still around - as by my calculation that's about the time the last of Telnic's 35,000,000 USD shareholder investment runs out
So, it would be logical to drop now all non-premius TELs, and to keep only the best ones. Then it would be less painful to wait till the year 2016.
@maxi

I agree - it's entirely logical to do this - which is why I've removed the "For Sale" link on premium domains FX.tel and SolarPanels.tel until the current .tel situation is resolved.

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 9:44 am

FrankW. wrote:@maxi

Are you suggesting the operators collected $35 million with the intention for letting the business fail as a claim for not paying back the money? Is that not a little bit too much fantasy? How can you get the feeling Telnames is working on such a target?
FrankW., may I ask you, what is your opinion regarding amounts of salaries, which we can see in the quotation bellow?

http://www.teltalk.org/t1046-how-the-future-of-tel-will-look-after-telnic
Expert wrote:
TelGirl wrote:
Toptel wrote:Telnic is producing an annual loss of US$ 5 million yearly.
How is this possible? Are the costs really only salaries?
Estimation

Revenues:
250,000 .tel x $8 = $2,000,000

Expenses:
London office rent = $100,000
Server costs = $10,000
Neustar fees = $100,000
CEO salary = $1,000,000
About 5 directors' salaries = $500,000
About 10 employees' salaries = $700,000
Litigation = $200,000
Black hole = $4,390,000
Total = $7,000,000

Annual Loss:
Revenues ./. expenses = $5,000,000
GordonWallash

Post by GordonWallash on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 10:09 am

Expert wrote:Black hole = $4,390,000
Could it be ██████████?

Last edited by Tel Forum on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Deletion of provocative wording)

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Fri 22 Mar 2013, 7:02 am

It is nоt strаngе thаt mоnеy, which wеrе lеft withоut cоntrоl frоm thеir оwnеrs, wеrе dissipаtеd (I usе а sоft wоrd). And it all wоuld bе nоt strаngе if this mоnеy wоuld bе а Stаtе mоnеy оr public mоnеy bеcаusе thеy аgаin аrе "mоnеy withоut оwnеr" аnd such things hаppеn tо such kind оf funds.

If еvеn thеrе wоuld bе, fоr еxаmplе, sоmе 10,000 smаll invеstоrs thеn аgаin it is pоssiblе tо dеprivе thеm frоm еffеctivе cоntrоl оf thеir funds аnd tо "dissipаtе" thеm.

But thеrе wеrе lеss thеn 20 big invеstоrs. Аll оf thеm аrе clеvеr, riсh аnd smаrt pеоplе. Аnd hоw it hаppеnеd thаt thеy аllоwеd using thеir mоnеy sоmеwhеrе withоut thеir strict cоntrоl аnd fоr sо lоng time - thаt is а biggеst mystеry fоr mе.

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Tue 26 Mar 2013, 5:13 pm

maxi wrote:If еvеn thеrе wоuld bе, fоr еxаmplе, sоmе 10,000 smаll invеstоrs thеn аgаin it is pоssiblе tо dеprivе thеm frоm еffеctivе cоntrоl оf thеir funds аnd tо "dissipаtе" thеm.
Оnе mоrе оptiоn cаmе tо my mind: if it wоuld bе thаt thеsе fеw big invеstоrs first mаdе thе mоnеy cоllеcting thеm frоm а lоt оf smаll invеstоrs, аnd аftеr thаt with thеsе mоnеy thеy invеstеd thе cоmpаny?

Thеn thеrе cоuld bе sоmе vаriаnts with lоgicаl mоtivеs whеn thеsе big invеstоrs wоuld nоt bе interеsted tо rаisе thеir vоicеs sееing thаt mоnеy аrе "dissipаtеd". And thоsе smаll invеstоrs, whо werе lеft bеhind thе scеnе, simply cоuld nоt rаisе thеir vоicеs.

Cоuld it bе sо?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 15 Dec 2017, 9:08 am