WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Previous mistakes in evaluation

Tim Spears

Warning level : 100 %

Previous mistakes in evaluation

Post by Tim Spears on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 12:11 pm

Lesson learned:
  • Telnic is not a global player, but until today only a very small start-up
  • Accordingly the software output is very low
  • A revolution of communication isn’t possible with only a few years
  • .tel is only another TLD between thousand others
  • .tel is not an open source project
  • Public relation activity is a strategic decision and can be canceled anytime (as Telnic did previously)
  • .tel is an innovative idea, but success needs more than this
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Re: Previous mistakes in evaluation

Post by mikeseaton on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 2:13 pm

@TimSpears - couldn't have put it better myself - the only question is:

"Where do we go from here ?"

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Sunrise
Insider
Insider

Post by Sunrise on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 3:23 pm

It means that only exactly one (1) party profits from tel (but hardly more).
It's up to you to guess who it might be!

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 4:23 pm

I agree with one and two, telnic/telnames is small and software output is low and targeted to what will produce the most benefit.

I half agree that it will take some time for things to move forward, but they can't do it all on their own regardless of what they profess by not engaging with a community they should be building, they need us because communities have skill and power to push for change aka a small company with a few employees can make calls and business meetings but a community of 200,000+ tel registrants a registrar's working together can go to any company and push, poke and prod for a change, companies react to new tech but react more to what their customers need as money comes from customers and 200,000+ people all asking for something, maybe a proxy or maybe company X or Y getting a piece of the renewal pie if they do S or M means cash if not direct via the pie but because that's access to 200,000+ customers for a small software update / integration which like point one and two small things to make large benefits, and oath integration with a tel log in button is such a small thing for them to do with the DNS data pull.

I don't agree that tel is just another tld of thousands, tel is not just another tld it's recognized by Google and such as a top bracket one along side .org .com .net etc and has a specific purpose, if it was just another tld it would not be held so highly and would be ranked down like country code tlds are always second choice, regardless of all the new tlds coming there will never be another DNS/Proxy tld as it would overlap a purpose that exists and along side that telnic owns the legal rights to the tech/software etc so any suggestion of new tlds coming along taking the place of tel is just fantasy and speculation.

It costs them 100,000+ dollars to speculate if they can get to run a tld and to try to go up against what all ready exist is just wasting money and time and corps don't like wasting money they're hoarders and small start ups for new tlds can't afford to try for something that will get rejected.

I don't agree that tel is not an open source project, you're half right and half wrong, there are many software files available on the tel site that are open and can be reused and as tel is DNS data it's accessible to anyone who wants to make software to scrape it, and the basic api can do what ever you want to a degree, not only that if you can afford it you can make your own proxy with very few rules preventing you from implementing things that you really want to see, as such a tel proxy can be a full open source project if this community worked together and built a proxy that another registrar like name.com could take and just had to manage the hosting side, if we agree to move our domains over to name.com if we don't all ready have many of them there and 200,000+ people are here because its a good place to share and talk about what we do then that's a lot of cash a company cant ignore that's direct from transfers and direct from new registrations and new registrants who join this site and decide on their own project.

If this site ever gets updated and rebuilt from the ground up around a .tel login, I see no reason a sub domain cant be allocated for the purpose of displaying tel data how we wish, as a demonstration and working example in waiting for a registrar to implement for us. However on the basis of full open source it's true you can't just edit the telnic proxy as it exists now to add themes and such or put up your own under a .tel domain with basic hosting, but you can run your own website and display the data and like I said above as everything else is open access to a degree its more than enough to start to build open source projects to share via and through teltalk to every other user/registrar to do with as they wish.

So back to point 3 it will take time, yes thats true but if you take part here and convince the new admin to build a new site and put in a workshop then you're contributing to things going faster as it only takes one major company to come along, notice 200,000+ people working together on projects and sees the proxy software we build is viable and salivates at the thought of all the customers and cash so puts up a proxy or buys telnic in order to put in the free customer built proxy.

Ignore telnic many things can be done without them in preparation for bigger goals, and success needs more than telnic true it needs you and every other person working together pulling skills and interests into the pot so tel becomes the community/networking/onlife tld its supposed to be, so are you willing? you're here so I guess you are but are you able to stay at least 5 years until this .org gets officially organized and well managed in order to challenge any company or telnic itself for the rights to run proxy? its not as far fetched as it sounds, 200,000+ people + donations or subscriptions, 10 representatives given roles, and an open source proxy built by 200,000+ members waiting to be implemented in place of telnics, how could ICANN refuse? most of all the fees and setup costs have be shouldered by telnic investors so there's not much really to pay I don't know everything but I believe having a big community org with the right skills and enough cash can easlly take it away from telnic after all we're the customer and if ICANN wont let tel customers who know what they want and need and run their day to day directories and marketing and such, who would they let? another for profit company? is that really in tels benifit in the long run? we have for profit registrars but if telnic is not all ready not for profit it would be easy to side step them.

Well it's up to you, we can complain and get no where or you can start a project we can all take part in? let us know what you want to do in a new thread and we'll contribute what we can do for it, if not then ignore what I said and have fun on the slide down.

Or if you can't think of anything how about founding an open source proxy project name "Onlife" the onlife proxy with a software api that comes with a onlife usb/rj45 dongle for hardware interaction, all in preparation for approaching or being approached by a company who wants the customers and cold hard cash? should not be too hard to implement a system for uploading custom themes by XML and other things as long as they match a rules system.

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 5:07 pm

Sunrise wrote:It means that only exactly one (1) party profits from tel (but hardly more).
It's up to you to guess who it might be!
I hеаrd thаt in trоpics livе cоckrоаchеs whо cаn еаt wооdеn furniturе frоm insidе. Thеy dо nоt еаt thе vеry surfаcе оf it, оnly insidеs. And it mаy hаppеn sоmеtimеs, thаt hоusе оwnеr rеturns tо his hоmе аftеr аbsеncе оf fеw wееks, еntеrs thе rооm, sееs thе tаblе оn thе middlе аt thе rооm, puts his hаnd оn it - аnd thе tаblе, which lооkеd firm аnd sоlid, suddеnly splits tо piеcеs, bеcаusе оnly thе thin lаyеr оf its fоrm wаs lеft, аnd thе whоlе insidе оf thаt tаblе wаs еаtеn by thеsе cоckrоаchеs.

Whеn I think аbоut fаmоus prоjеct undеr thе prоud titlе “thе nеw wаy tо cоmmunicаtе”, then I imаginе the cоckrоаch whо hаd еаtеn thе furniturе аnd lеft оnly skеlеtоns оf it.
Sunrise
Insider
Insider

Post by Sunrise on Thu 14 Mar 2013, 5:36 pm

fustachio.tel wrote:Or if you can't think of anything how about founding an open source proxy project name "Onlife" the onlife proxy with a software api that comes with a onlife usb/rj45 dongle for hardware interaction, all in preparation for approaching or being approached by a company who wants the customers and cold hard cash? should not be too hard to implement a system for uploading custom themes by XML and other things as long as they match a rules system.
If you take it seriously, onlife.tel is available for registration.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 10:33 am