WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Telnic boycott

GordonWallash

Warning level : 100 %

Telnic boycott

Post by GordonWallash on Sun 24 Mar 2013, 6:19 am

Because Telnic shows no activity, I have decided to drop all my .tel ... will you follow me?

maxi
Insider
Insider

Re: Telnic boycott

Post by maxi on Sun 24 Mar 2013, 7:22 am

I think it would be better to boycott that lame TEL from Telnames.
Sunrise
Insider
Insider

Post by Sunrise on Sun 24 Mar 2013, 8:18 am

Telnic boycotts the community; hence we should boycott Telnic and Telnames.

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel on Sun 24 Mar 2013, 8:35 am

No sorry because it would not make a difference, sure if you own 20,000 domains they'd notice but as word has not reached the world about the tel domain itself so a drop would only release domains for others to pick up and develop who have not had any dealing with telnic in the past.

And why should they? as far as they're concerned they buy from their registrar and telnic is just something far away like ICANN that makes sure they can keep paying.

When it comes to the quality of product and understanding what they can do with it, well that's why they drop but along comes another person to pick it up and so forth, there are billions of people in this world and tels marketing campaign is none existent, the first time they come across a tel domain it's likely either empty or just contains adverts for telnames which confuses them into thinking its just another campers domain with no real purpose.

They don't know anything about the proxy or that telnic is supposed to by ICANNs law to listen to them the day to day customers and fulfill their needs, must like any business really and if you're not fulfilling your customers needs how can you exist? the only way is a fraudulent setup that disguises and pushes blame onto others by allowing others to resell, Telnames is direct so I'm sure they have to give better support but telnic? nah good luck.

They just see this empty space and abandon it, so telnames exists to provide a better service but telnic suffers and stutters on and the only thing that will make a difference is the community not abandoning their land holdings, farming it without having excessive ads and making sure this community is linked on every domain we own, with a powerful statement that unites us and them to realise its more than just an empty wasteland they don't understand, it can be a piece of them that expresses their interests to others, shows off their skills and provides visitors with expert businesses that cater better to them and faster than all others who are trapped behind old infrastructure.

If you want to leave good luck and sorry you feel this community was going to be unable to do anything to change the situation, that's I hope not my fault but everyone's fault, and as for telnic as I've said they'll exist without us and so walking away is only an option for those who can no longer wait and no longer have faith in other users of the service to be willing to work together and be willing to in three years challenge telnic and change the status in our favour.

Anyway hello and good bye, thanks for joining and thanks for leaving those lucrative development domains available for those of us willing to wait a bit longer, I'm pretty sure people don't mind picking them up from the bottom of your boot as you stomped on telnics dilapidated flag. and their coat tails suggesting they're not honorable enough and don't have the mental ability to work together for a three year goal.

I'm James Green, and this.... was your 60 minutes.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight on Sun 24 Mar 2013, 9:01 am

It's always refreshing to read your posts, Fustachio.
In the long run you will be right without doubt!

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel on Sun 24 Mar 2013, 9:21 am

Perhaps you don't understand well that's OK I'll explain it a bit simpler, a community that works in unison and controls over a quarter of a million domains while pulling in collectively more than a million hits a day is a force to be reckoned with, as that's an advertising campaign! all it needs is the right message and the right banner ads denouncing telnic and announcing the communities intent to run the proxy via links to teltalk.

Directing millions of people here is in my book the worst disaster for them. It's a coordinated campaign through their own service and they're powerless to a degree block images and links as they're legally our domains, though there is perhaps something in the proxy rules to state attacks against telnic through the proxy is against the TOS and will result in legal action or your domain being pulled, they cant pull down everyone's domain, especially if its not an attack it's a fully fleshed out reason why the community should run the proxy and how we will achieve taking it from them in 3 or more years and what we will provide new registrants and visitors.

Or you can drop your domains and let someone else pick them up who does not know Telnic or this community and prolong Telnics control over the future of this extension because people are not coordinated which is telnics best case outcome, after all they said they didn't want telfriends / tel to become a social network... you wonder why? because it's a paid service where as customers have little say over a FREE service like Facebook we have control because we OWN the domains for the TIME we Paid for and that collectively and coordinated is dangerous to their self interests.

No offence but you'd really think I'd throw my power away for no return? just be glad I don't think you're telnic playing psychological games.
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Sun 24 Mar 2013, 9:38 am

GordonWallash wrote:Because Telnic shows no activity, I have decided to drop all my .tel ... will you follow me?
@GordonWallash

I assume you're talking about dropping the OLD style Telnic .tels, rather than the NEW style Telnames .tels (the only style of .tels now being marketed) - if so I think they would be quite happy about you dropping them !

Sounds crazy I know !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Moonlight

Post by Moonlight on Sun 24 Mar 2013, 12:01 pm

I admit things are moving slow, but have a little faith.
The lack of search engine exposure for Telnames is known. Telnic must know this, too.
There is no way around finding a solution for this problem - and it will become the first priority somewhere down the road. It's only a question of time.
I conclude it's the best option to spend your $10 yearly and not to give up too early.
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Sun 24 Mar 2013, 1:50 pm

Moonlight wrote:The lack of search engine exposure for Telnames is known. Telnic must know this, too.
There is no way around finding a solution for this problem
Really - no way around the problem ?

Took me a few seconds to think of 4 things that could be done:

1. Allow subdomains on Telnames domains.

2. Increase length of text allowed.

3. Let Telnames users know that TelPages exists.

4. Build the promised Tel Global Directory.

Give me a whole minute of thinking time and I'm sure I could come up with some more ways around the problem !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Sunrise
Insider
Insider

Post by Sunrise on Sun 24 Mar 2013, 2:00 pm

mikeseaton wrote:1. Allow subdomains on Telnames domains.

We are preaching this from the beginning.
Does anybody know a reason why Telnic is so persistent in ignoring this?

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Sun 24 Mar 2013, 3:04 pm

Sunrise wrote:Does anybody know a reason why Telnic is so persistent in ignoring this?
Whо knоws, mаy bе sоmеbоdy frоm thеm wаnts tо buy cоmpаny аs chеаp аs pоssiblе аnd tо bеcоmе аlоnе оwnеr? Imprоvеmеnt аnd dеvеlоpmеnt will raisе vаluе оf it аnd thеn it will bе nоt chеаp. Cоntrаry, ignоrаncе аnd mismаnаgеmеnt will mаkе it chеаp.

http://www.teltalk.org/t1074-after-telnic-canceled-all-work-the-only-thing-we-can-do-is-waiting#6531

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Mon 25 Mar 2013, 9:38 am

GordonWallash wrote:Because Telnic shows no activity, I have decided to drop all my .tel ... will you follow me?
I wоuld think twicе bеfоrе drоpping оnе-wоrd English nоuns (еspеciаlly nаmеs оf sеrvicеs аnd pоpulаr аctivitiеs) аnd English nаmеs оf citiеs with оvеr 1,000,000 inhаbitаnts.

As fоr drоpping twо-wоrd dоmаins, pеrhаps, nо lоst pоssibilitiеs will cоmе frоm thаt. I think, thаt till 2018 thеrе аrе vеry littlе chаncеs thаt sоmеbоdy will wаnt tо buy thеm.
Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears on Mon 25 Mar 2013, 9:47 am

maxi wrote:As fоr drоpping twо-wоrd dоmаins, pеrhаps, nо lоst pоssibilitiеs will cоmе frоm thаt. I think, thаt till 2018 thеrе аrе vеry littlе chаncеs thаt sоmеbоdy will wаnt tо buy thеm.
True, because due to the inactivity at Telnic we can assume that most words won't be picked up by other parties during the next years.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight on Mon 25 Mar 2013, 5:49 pm

mikeseaton wrote:Took me a few seconds to think of 4 things that could be done:

1. Allow subdomains on Telnames domains.

Here is my prediction: All this (and more) will happen, but Telnic will do it when they want.
Telnic are very cautious with new plans and are doing it slowly step by step.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017, 10:40 pm