WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

I would like to support Telnic

Damion

Warning level : 100 %

I would like to support Telnic

Post by Damion on Sat 30 Mar 2013, 2:32 pm

It’s a shame that Telnic is in such a bad situation. I like to help Telnic, as example by making good promotion for tel, but this is very difficult:

• Telnic doesn’t allow any open discussions or interchange of ideas
  • Telnic doesn’t allow to create beautiful websites (Telnames is too restricted)
  • Customer desires aren't considered
  • Developing is standing still

Could Telnic please give a sign that customers aren’t unwanted?
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Re: I would like to support Telnic

Post by mikeseaton on Sat 30 Mar 2013, 2:48 pm

Damion wrote:It’s a shame that Telnic is in such a bad situation. I like to help Telnic, as example by making good promotion for tel, but this is very difficult:

• Telnic doesn’t allow any open discussions or interchange of ideas
  • Telnic doesn’t allow to create beautiful websites (Telnames is too restricted)
  • Customer desires aren't considered
  • Developing is standing still

Could Telnic please give a sign that customers aren’t unwanted?
It is very clear that TELNAMES (the wholly-owned Telnic subsidiary and the only form of .tel being marketed these days) DOES NOT WANT:

1. Domain Investors - no easy monetisation using AdSense.

2. Software Developers - no access to Telnames API.

3. Power Users - no subdomains.

4. Registrars - no access to Telnames template.

Doesn't leave a lot of categories left, except for domain newbies who think that somehow their Telnames .tel is going to be found by users searching for what they offer - in much the same way as the familiar Yellow Pages.

Unfortunately their single-page Telnames .tels are highly unlikely to be found by the major search engines - so their only real hope is that a Tel Global Directory is developed and promoted.

Not sure who, if anyone, is going to do this ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel on Sat 30 Mar 2013, 3:34 pm

I was trying not to comment but I'll at least make it as short as I can, First it appears Dan and others have access to the telnames template and some API somehow or did I miss understand why it now displays them as powered by?
And as for "only real hope is that a Tel Global Directory is developed and promoted." this is wrong the whole tel DNS is the directory and its a 15mill in the making so please don't misinform as if some really horrid server cluster listing like DMOZ is the answer to a system built to be a directory, all it needs is better integration between proxies to auto populate data and other minor fixes.
What it does not need is more money and development time taken away to be poured into a shoddy 2bit directory that any chump can make with free software, if you're going to ask for that you're asking for tel not to exist as an innovation on those services, as you're saying that really terrible software is still better than tel as a whole even if tel was completely populated and integrated.
If how ever you're referring to promoting tel as a whole then thats ok it's fine to promote telnames but they need to partner with themselves to integrate proxies so as telnames fills up the single page tels with high quality info which is FYI what people need, everyone else can populate their tel directories with those companies and individuals, because a telname is a way to syndicate quality data that is easy to update to other directories that are in the tel proxy architecture and outside it aka the really outdated software systems that cant cope with future population growth, tel is built to withstand population growth and hunger by all web services for quality data.

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel on Sat 30 Mar 2013, 4:02 pm

The whole 2bit about Telnames being the spawn of Satan and tels downfall has got to stop, its misinforming people and just a bunch of sour grapes, tel is a directory and for building directories and the major issue with that is collecting data which is either too time consuming, or is a technical hurdle that people can't breech because they either cant code or just cant grasp how to go about laying out a system to collect the kind of data they need and import it so its always updated and good quality, in reality collecting data is a big challenge and it's expensive to do which is why facebook and other networks selling data makes companies happy as people agree to give it away free in return for an online identity aggregation and syndication tool.
Telnames is a paid identity and business aggregation and syndication tool and solves the important issue of data collection for us all because its able to do what you and I cant while we sleep and while we are awake, it collects the data without us having to go seek people out, simply put data goes into telnames faster because its easy for people to do it as its their online space like Facebook which is why its ONE PAGE, if it was any more it would put people off! and we would loose the perfect system to collect data without having to do anything, that data then should move over into the large directories and out into all those old web directories and apps etc.
And yes telnames is all that is being promoted at the moment but I have faith that its a necessary step to reach a situation where quality data is in the tel DNS and development can then commence on syndication between proxies to help further promote people.
So whining about telnames is just all sour grapes because you either do not grasp why telnames is necessary in relation to the public and businesses that need to use it as quickly as possible to promote themselves and vs the whole system architecture of collecting data or you don't grasp a long plan in the making that is working towards meeting our needs.
And right now theres plenty for developers to do, you can make systems and plugins for well known services so people can just add the code or files to do quick lookups, you can work on scanning all telnames for coupons and offer a service to syndicate them to a sub domain of choice for a person who promotes such things that is either just GEO or offers or people who have directories and want updated automated content related to that keyword.
And there are plenty of other things you can do to take all that data which is given out for the purpose of syndication for promotion to filter and inject it back into the proxy. Or you can whine and try to take down telnames and we'll be left in the cold and the only people populating tel directories with fast and new high quality content will be those with deep pockets and a background in software and database architecture.
kprobe
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by kprobe on Sat 30 Mar 2013, 5:08 pm

There is no need for a Global Directory for .TEL for the purposes of searching. Google et al do that very well. What could be provided in the future is
1) a global network of interlinking .tel directories only pointing to other .tel sites
2) use of TelPages as a sort of brokerage for getting real-time information to the likes of Yellow Pages and other subscribers.
3) .tel data aggregators as a service.

Think of the .tel DNS as a huge real-time database just waiting to be accessed in a structured form, eg we know where an address is, we know where a phone is, and logos, even TelNames coupons. It's all structured and ready for queries and disseminated to interested parties like the search engines and online directories.

What's missing is the critical mass to implement these facilities.

Mark

mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Sat 30 Mar 2013, 6:21 pm

kprobe wrote:There is no need for a Global Directory for .TEL for the purposes of searching. Google et al do that very well.
Really ?

Be interested to see examples quoted of where Telnames single-page .tel domains appear at the top of http://www.Google.com for popular search phrases - no cheating by adding "tel" onto the end of the query !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Toptel

Post by Toptel on Sat 30 Mar 2013, 9:04 pm

kprobe wrote:What's missing is the critical mass to implement these facilities.

Mark
Mark, you are the very last chance for .tel!
Please tell us how .tel wants to reach critical mass with not discoverable websites.
We can develop millions of Telnames, but what is it worth if they can't be found on the internet (for IMPORTANT search terms)?
Please give us some hope!
Thank you for participation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 10:40 am