WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

If Facebook dies (and it might), its killer will be born mobile

Alex
Admin

Warning level : 100 %
Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
owner "tel.community" instead!

If Facebook dies (and it might), its killer will be born mobile

Post by Alex on Thu 31 May 2012, 12:42 pm

Remember when Facebook was the hot new thing on the Web? Now it's king of a dying medium, and Molly Wood doubts it has the mobile chops to survive the disruption that's shaking the entire Internet.

By Molly Wood on 30th May 2012

Is Facebook a dead social network walking?

By now you all know the sad tale of Facebook's sinking IPO and the ongoing questions about who is to blame for pumping up the social network's stock valuation and then skittering away at the first sign of actual trading.

Regardless of who got played in the deal (read: small investors, as usual), the market is actually responding appropriately to Facebook's current situation: the site is a behemoth of traffic and attention, a platform underlying the very fabric of the Web, and an indispensable part of the lives of millions, but that doesn't mean it's safe. Sure, Facebook has conquered the Web, but the Web as we know it may be a dying medium. The Facebook killer won't be a Web site at all: it'll be born mobile, just like the generation who will use it.

Careful observers of the run-up to Facebook's IPO, including myself and my CNET colleagues, noted early that Facebook has a mobile problem. It doesn't monetize mobile traffic, it stated its concerns about mobile growth from the outset, and it apparently sounded the alarm a few months ago (at least to big investors) about a dramatic increase in mobile usage that was cutting into revenues in a pretty serious fashion.

None of that should be a surprise, either. Facebook is hardly the only site with a mobile problem. Every site on the Web has a mobile problem.

Traffic from mobile devices is growing at an astounding rate ...

Read the full story at cnet.com

I have left TelTalk.org. Please contact the new forum owner tel.community instead!

Alex
Admin

Re: If Facebook dies (and it might), its killer will be born mobile

Post by Alex on Thu 31 May 2012, 12:46 pm

Frankly spoken if TelFriends would be developed seriously, I would consider Facebook as the only serious competitor for .tel.
And I expect Facebook will share the same destiny like MySpace, too:

• Their revenues are already declining.
  • Their IPO was the biggest disasters on the stock market since 5 years.

If .tel would wake up, it could take the place of Facebook instead.
That is the great potential for .tel: giving Facebook users an alternative with additional data protection and ownership of their data.

I have left TelTalk.org. Please contact the new forum owner tel.community instead!
Bunjie
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie on Thu 31 May 2012, 6:35 pm

FB is all ready dead and on it's way out and they knew that it was not sustainable as a business model which is why they pushed from collage kids into families then games while they tried to get everyone to release their information to make more money off it and change society so we feel it's ok for companies to store our lives and share it for profit.
.tel is not about sharing for profit, but while it should be about granting access to companies we trust while being able to revoke at the drop of a hat it should also be about protecting data and making sure companies can't share it with 'partners' or release their access to our most basic and micro formated informational lives.
And now the world is going mobile and apple controls the stores, fb is pushing for a phone of it's own to be competitive but no one will want it as FB as a brand is not apple and not trendy enough even though everyone uses it to keep in touch it's not apple it's not got the in hand trendy eye catch FB as a brand is burned by so many issues people get through it and the overwhelming junk information. They stop you seeing updates from some people you follow that was clearly because it's a social network of s*i*... people only use because theres no alternative as everyone has a FB.

Also like it or not no one would want to be seen with a FB phone it's not apple or samsung, so yea FB is dieing because people are tired of social networking and dealing with peoples updates, likes and the company in general fleecing them out of private information, which results in the 200-300 spam emails I get a day on the clean email address that I use for FB, that I once granted access to apps to send me stuff, but even when all that's deactivated I still get so much spam from other 'partners' they sold my email address to that I can never opt out of.

Telnic was wrong when they would not let .tel become social as a dynamic business card, BC's are always social it's more than just giving it out it's giving people access to a part of you just like FB and twitter does, which is why we should be using the sub profile feature to store information we want to share, they should start with basic resumes etc in the micro format they don't need to display that through the proxy other than the CP it should just be ordered data set to a profile that's hidden only to websites, companies and phone numbers you allow access to it.

.tel needs to be a part of us that's what it's supposed to be, an extension that will be behind all new technology, companies can still manage big databases but the most important information that needs to be updated by us and delivered to all future services need to be DOT TOLD.

.tel and it's CP/apps need to allow us to manage our interactions with companies and websites and transfer that micro format information, resumes etc the because right now it's not enough a part of us even though it's marketed as their/our name/brand, so it always needed to be a micro social network but with a new twist to focus on a new type of network, one that focuses on updates like twitter but in moderation with geo location telpoints to allow quick access to caches of data that saves network operators and people money on their mobile plans.
You know you walk into a town and geo grab the latest updates/offers/.tel names of all businesses in that area, from a modified pirate box that caches all the .tel information that area 2 or more times a day and saves people logging on to the full web.
Aka what you put in a .tel as a business or individual as a status update like twitter or fb but needs to be less and concise and stuffed into a micro format as sub profiles.
Bunjie
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie on Thu 31 May 2012, 6:41 pm

IDK why it wont format my text correctly, I guess it's a problem at my end and I'll look into it later.

Alex
Admin

Post by Alex on Thu 31 May 2012, 6:43 pm

Agreed; I don't understand why TelFriends was never updated since launch in 2009.

This application could be the main benefit of .tel, but it needs a lot of development!

Bunjie
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie on Tue 05 Jun 2012, 1:55 am

Facebook Will Disappear in 5 to 8 Years: Analyst http://www.cnbc.com/id/47674474
"In five to eight years they are going to disappear in the way that Yahoo has disappeared," Jackson said. "Yahoo is still making money, it's still profitable, still has 13,000 employees working for it, but it's 10 percent of the value that it was at the height of 2000. For all intents and purposes, it's disappeared."
"The world is moving faster, it's getting more competitive, not less, and I think those who are dominant in their prior generation are really going to have a hard time moving into this newer generation," he said. "Facebook can buy a bunch of mobile companies, but they are still a big, fat website and that's different from a mobile app."
.tel doesn't need an app it can be integrated into the handset and themed via in the handset brand, as it's DNS lookups it's a alot simpler than a big fat website....

Alex
Admin

Post by Alex on Tue 05 Jun 2012, 9:32 am

Bunjie wrote:"Facebook can buy a bunch of mobile companies, but they are still a big, fat website and that's different from a mobile app."
Yes, in the future the development of the internet will accelerate even more.

When imagining what comfortable networking solutions will be possible in the future, it's true there will be no need for an advertising platform like Facebook anymore.
Bunjie wrote:.tel doesn't need an app it can be integrated into the handset and themed via in the handset brand, as it's DNS lookups it's a alot simpler than a big fat website....
.. and .tel are the only domains which can be implemented into smartglasses, too!

Why should I pull out my cell phone if I can see all important information right in front of my eyes instead?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 15 Dec 2017, 2:32 pm