WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.tel Buyers Anonymous

TelBlogger
Insider
Insider

Warning level : 100 %

.tel Buyers Anonymous

Post by TelBlogger on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 2:20 am

For a long time I have noticed a disturbing trend in .tel. That is for people who have already lost money on this useless extension to keep buying .tel domains.

Just wondering if we don't need to set up a .tel Buyers Anonymous group to help people with this addictive behavior. 

In spite of knowing this extension is a complete joke, they still buy when they see a one word domain available. Buy they must. It is truly bizarre behavior and I am also not immune.

I believe it is rooted in their desire to avoid the pain of admitting that their portfolio is nearly worthless. They convince themselves they are storing up value for the future perhaps.
Expert
Insider
Insider

Warning level : 100 %

Re: .tel Buyers Anonymous

Post by Expert on Tue 03 Sep 2013, 10:31 am

While very few domains get registered at Telnames, the most newly registered domains are previously dropped generics.
Always the same names of registrants appear.
I guess meanwhile everyone knows that not much is happening.
It's only a gambling with the bet on better times, especially with the hope that the DNS could get a bigger scope of applications in a distant future.

Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 9:37 pm