WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Share
avatar
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Location : Dorset UK
Join date : 2012-06-11
Posts : 2224 Points : 45219
Reputation : 836
Warning level : 100 %

Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by mikeseaton on Sun 05 Jan 2014, 11:18 am

...now that dottel.net appears to have given up.

The home page of http://www.dottel.net was very useful in providing a daily count of Total .Tel Registrations with the Telnames figure itemised.

Now that this is no longer available, my Net-Link Tel Search Engine can provide a figure for INDEXED (by Google) TELNAMES .TELS - just click
http://www.net-link.com/tel/search.asp?q=%22powered+by+telnames.com%22

Using Google directly is another way - click https://www.google.com/#q=site:*.tel+%22powered+by+telnames.com%22

Obviously these total figures at 6,860 and 6,850 respectively are substantially less than the previous Telnames figure reported by dottel.net, since this would have included non-indexed (probably mostly empty) Telnames .tels.

http://MikeSeaton.tel

PS. The Net-Link search displays an image from the .tel, Google's doesn't !


___________________________________________________
Domain Sales: Sedo
eBay Shop: Mike 321 UK
Search Engines: Web | Video | Facebook | Google+ | Pinterest | Tel | Twitter
avatar
Tim Spears
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-09-21
Posts : 345 Points : 10309
Reputation : 260
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by Tim Spears on Sun 05 Jan 2014, 2:01 pm

The disappearance of dottel.net has one advantage: The business of Telnames becomes less transparent once again.
For newbies it won't be as obvious as in the past that Telnames has very few customers only. It's less daunting not to know how unsuccessful .tel is.
avatar
4444
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-07-21
Posts : 422 Points : 10882
Reputation : 231
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by 4444 on Sun 05 Jan 2014, 2:16 pm

mikeseaton wrote:Obviously these total figures at 6,860 and 6,850 respectively are substantially less than the previous Telnames figure reported by dottel.net, since this would have included non-indexed (probably mostly empty) Telnames .tels.

The number of indexed Telnames is even more important than the number of registered Telnames, because empty Telnames are meaningless.
avatar
4444
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-07-21
Posts : 422 Points : 10882
Reputation : 231
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by 4444 on Sun 05 Jan 2014, 2:18 pm

Tim Spears wrote:The disappearance of dottel.net has one advantage: The business of Telnames becomes less transparent once again.

Unfortunately that's true, because experts know the weaknesses of .tel anyway and won't buy a domain from Telnames. Only inexperienced users will become new customers.
avatar
Tim Spears
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-09-21
Posts : 345 Points : 10309
Reputation : 260
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by Tim Spears on Sun 05 Jan 2014, 2:26 pm

4444 wrote:... experts know the weaknesses of .tel anyway and won't buy a domain from Telnames.
This is also the reason why Telnic has reduced the communication with the community in 2011 and stopped it completely in 2012.
avatar
4444
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-07-21
Posts : 422 Points : 10882
Reputation : 231
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by 4444 on Sun 05 Jan 2014, 2:31 pm

Tim Spears wrote:
4444 wrote:... experts know the weaknesses of .tel anyway and won't buy a domain from Telnames.
This is also the reason why Telnic has reduced the communication with the community in 2011 and stopped it completely in 2012.

A better strategy would be to work on reducing the weaknesses of the old product at Telnic instead to try selling a reduced and limited version at Telnames.
avatar
GoTel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-01-19
Posts : 249 Points : 7056
Reputation : 163
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by GoTel on Mon 06 Jan 2014, 7:07 am

4444 wrote:
Tim Spears wrote:
4444 wrote:... experts know the weaknesses of .tel anyway and won't buy a domain from Telnames.
This is also the reason why Telnic has reduced the communication with the community in 2011 and stopped it completely in 2012.

A better strategy would be to work on reducing the weaknesses of the old product at Telnic instead to try selling a reduced and limited version at Telnames.

old .tel and a handful of arrogant people using massive amounts of subdomains for a few bucks is what destroyed the entire .tel iniative.

.tel was designed for people and businesses large and small to register their .tel and maintain their .tel with updated and accurate data that could be found real-time in telpages directory.

Telnames is the first step to allowing people and businesses of any size to put their "face" in a "facebook", without the social rhetoric, just like yellow pages and whitepages.

Every attempt to use .tel for a website or a self-authorized directory has proven useless and destroyed the .tel purpose.

Telnames registrations by REAL registrants, in a REAL directory has and will always be the only hope, never to be realized, argued against only by the self-oriented loser.

"Experts" have been involved in .tel and left a long time ago because .tel was destroyed by a direction that was in favor a few amateurs trying to make something out of nothing for themselves.

The End.

22 months of consecutive declines in registrations is the voice of those who see that Telnic / Telnames is not interested in supporting their own mission, a real-time listing in a real-time directory.

Sadly, old .tel is now about a lame website and the worst of all tld's in existence.

What a great claim .tel can make.

Those who said that .tel was destined for failure obviously knew the types of registrants like yourself that would destroy it's ability to be useful to anyone for what it was intended to be.

Sad.
avatar
4444
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-07-21
Posts : 422 Points : 10882
Reputation : 231
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by 4444 on Mon 06 Jan 2014, 8:43 am

In the beginning of the availability of .tel a lot of people have waited for improved tools to start developing .tel. These tools have never been delivered.

maxi
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-27
Posts : 995 Points : 22201
Reputation : 466
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by maxi on Mon 06 Jan 2014, 12:01 pm

GoTel wrote:
old .tel and a handful of arrogant people using massive amounts of subdomains for a few bucks is what destroyed the entire .tel iniative.
If you will call people who do not agree with your visions the "arrogant ones", then you can easily find that all the World, exept of you, consist only of "arrogant people".

What it is better: to be a nub who never learns, or to be "arrogant"?
avatar
Toptel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-07-02
Posts : 447 Points : 12363
Reputation : 319
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by Toptel on Mon 06 Jan 2014, 12:13 pm

Many mistakes have been made, by Telnic and by .tel domain buyers.
The right conclusion would be to work out a plan for correction that is smarter than the mistakes from the past.
The problem is that Telnic blocks all communication and leaves the old .tel buyers alone.
The message from Telnic is clear: WE DON'T WANT TO WORK TOGETHER WITH YOU!
avatar
TELwax
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2013-06-01
Posts : 92 Points : 3472
Reputation : 31
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by TELwax on Mon 06 Jan 2014, 1:00 pm

@gotel wrote:Seasons Greetings .......... although such disinformation from you ?

hello @gotel

I do not know where you find out that dot TEL was not genuinely intented to build and self manage directories of contact details ???????????


Even TELnic itself tried to sell .TEL concept to Yellow Pages companies for building directories !


And Technical specification published by TELnic, do also explain how to build, maintain, and curate directories !!!!


This is either potential ignorance (well forgiven certainly by all forumers, despite of so strange acid wording of yours ) or intended total disinformation through all-wrath understatements ? 


Please, this is only the first few days of 2014 , and you are already pushing in some very very strange directions for a forum... .


What for ?

Are you trying to start to explain some only-relative success of TELnames because of the continuous support of some early time experts, and tel fans, to the genuine original .TEL as pitched at ICANN by TELNIC ?????

see http://www.teltalk.org/t1516-directory-development#9267
avatar
GoTel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-01-19
Posts : 249 Points : 7056
Reputation : 163
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by GoTel on Mon 06 Jan 2014, 5:27 pm

ROFLMAO.

.tel the truth in here and it's like kicking a bee hive.

FYI, here is the EXACT advertisement by Telnic at general availability on their website:

"YourCompany.tel

Join a global online directory that provides you instant worldwide exposure...
Integrate all your means of communication in a single place under your control...
Update and manage your contact information and keywords in real time...
Increase your search engine visibility through descriptive keywords...
Provide a fast way for your customers to connect with you in a single click from any mobile device...
... all without the need to build, host or manage a website.

YourName.tel

Manage all the ways people can reach you in a single place that's yours forever
Protect your private data
Take back control of your personal information and share it securely
... all without the need to build, host or manage a website."

NOT MY WORDS, TELNIC'S WORDS ... VERBATIM.

.tel was ALWAYS designed first and foremost for businesses and individuals to register a .tel domain name and SELF-manage their own information, visible in a global directory called telpages.

Real-time ownership, management, and publishing in a real-time directory for instant worldwide exposure was the ONLY mission of .tel in the beginning, and ruined by domain-stuffing spoilers.


Last edited by GoTel on Mon 06 Jan 2014, 6:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : misspellings)
avatar
TELwax
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2013-06-01
Posts : 92 Points : 3472
Reputation : 31
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by TELwax on Mon 06 Jan 2014, 7:29 pm

OK, understood your point....

but ...

YourCompany.TEL and YourName.tel sole resulting pitch NOWADAYS on official websites (oooops, indeed should we notice, that YourCompany.TEL is in fact Telnames packed tel , and YourName.TEL is..... Telnic Template ... funny swap  and reference isnt it ?)
are indeed only the RESULTING marketing/residual motto that may be now compatible to existing TELnames single page concept / higher margin product / Registrars alternative bypass /higher revenue X lower sales volume items ....

If you refer to original .TEL and proposed roadmap, it does include directory / subdirectory function .

Everyone did understand why subdirectories features were subrepticely not promoted anymore by TELnic while trying to make at same time TLN single page product a success on the market , at higher price with higher margin to split.

FAIR although market figures, BUT then please , do not try NOW or still to convince anyone that the problem (for TELnames or for Telnic) is the directory feature from original .tel, and the tools , Tools editors, and Tools users of this initial feature specified and documented by TELnic !!!! )

This attempt to rewrite history back is  .... definitively weird

More explanations, smoothener or bonanza for your unsatisfaction about TLN only-relative success, should be rather researched in the low capacity of existing single page TLN packed TEL (without mother directories of such single pages, therefore floating alone L.I.T. and with poor content) , to rank better when googled on legitimate keywords (not retrieved through ultra rare unlikely keywords ....) ...
And the "compensation" of such drawback, is the brave prompting of single page owners to manage to get them listed on their own by.... third parties directories as YP and HIBU likes !!!!!

Again your previous attempt to rewrite history back is  .... definitively weird ...
Now, rather better to look ahead for new promises of year 2014 !   ;+)
avatar
TELwax
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2013-06-01
Posts : 92 Points : 3472
Reputation : 31
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by TELwax on Mon 06 Jan 2014, 7:49 pm

Perhaps then in 2014, TELnic will finally refine Telpages capabilities, and enable TELpage to only display main "home" page of any TEL  (single page TEL, as well as  TELs with multiple subdirectories)  grouped smartly by thema or geo or etc...!!!

AGAIN it is not the fault of users of genuine subdirectory , if TElpages is so badly unefficient, althought hundred of suggestion by forumers to have Telpages improved from its origin, and even had them worked out several attempts to show the way or circumvent so bad effectiveness of Telpages searches from Telpages main homepage at least !

Happy New Year 2014 !
avatar
GoTel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-01-19
Posts : 249 Points : 7056
Reputation : 163
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by GoTel on Mon 06 Jan 2014, 8:19 pm

TELwax wrote:Perhaps then in 2014, TELnic will finally refine Telpages capabilities, and enable TELpage to only display main "home" page of any TEL  (single page TEL, as well as  TELs with multiple subdirectories)  grouped smartly by thema or geo or etc...!!!

AGAIN it is not the fault of users of genuine subdirectory , if TElpages is so badly unefficient, althought hundred of suggestion by forumers to have Telpages improved from its origin, and even had them worked out several attempts to show the way or circumvent so bad effectiveness of Telpages searches from Telpages main homepage at least !

Happy New Year 2014 !

Bingo, and that has been suggested, just the front page or 2nd level domain only, no subdomains.

Still, it has very little value if the registrants are imposters instead of the ACTUAL individual or business.

Telnic had to bail on their initial idea because they couldn't enforce credible information from reliable registrants.

That leaves them with nothing but peddling a joke tld because they won't invest in being a real effort.
avatar
GoTel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-01-19
Posts : 249 Points : 7056
Reputation : 163
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by GoTel on Tue 07 Jan 2014, 4:48 pm

TELwax wrote:If you refer to original .TEL and proposed roadmap, it does include directory / subdirectory function .

(That is the ORIGINAL .tel, 2008 Website, there is no mention of anything else except these 2 uses and the global directory.)

BUT then please , do not try NOW or still to convince anyone that the problem (for TELnames or for Telnic) is the directory feature from original .tel.

(OF COURSE it is, over 100,000 initial registrations were based upon this promotion alone, and most of them have dropped because their Business / Individual .tel was not in a VALUABLE promoted directory.)

This attempt to rewrite history back is  .... definitively weird

(It is the ACTUAL history, the only rewrite is in rewriting YOUR mind's history!)

Again your previous attempt to rewrite history back is  .... definitively weird ...
Now, rather better to look ahead for new promises of year 2014 !   ;+)


(The FACT remains that .tel was intended to be something it did not end up being, MORE Registrants and SUCCESSFUL because TELNIC did not EVER do what Registrants purchased for TO BEGIN WITH.  When TELNIC NEVER DELIVERED .tel DIED as a REAL effort only to be peddled as a joke tld to F00LS with some other reason to use them in mind.  TELNIC LOST WHEN THEY DIDN'T FOLLOW THROUGH ON THEIR MISSION AND PROMISES. TELNAMES has the ability to salvage .tel as it was intended, and if TODAY Telnames followed through on with how .tel was initially promoted, it would have MILLIONS of REAL registrants, and SUCCESS, not 22 months of consecutive declines and LAME directories with OLD .tel)
avatar
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Location : Dorset UK
Join date : 2012-06-11
Posts : 2224 Points : 45219
Reputation : 836
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by mikeseaton on Tue 07 Jan 2014, 6:06 pm

GoTel wrote:TELNIC LOST WHEN THEY DIDN'T FOLLOW THROUGH ON THEIR MISSION AND PROMISES. TELNAMES has the ability to salvage .tel as it was intended, and if TODAY Telnames followed through on with how .tel was initially promoted, it would have MILLIONS of REAL registrants, and SUCCESS, not 22 months of consecutive declines and LAME directories with OLD .tel)

I wonder how many millions of Telnames .tels would now be registered if they offered it FREE (or maybe just free for the first year) ?

It's a business model that's enabled Facebook, Twitter etc to become multi-billion dollar businesses - but heck what do they know about internet success that Telnic (Telnames parent company) doesn't ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel


___________________________________________________
Domain Sales: Sedo
eBay Shop: Mike 321 UK
Search Engines: Web | Video | Facebook | Google+ | Pinterest | Tel | Twitter
avatar
TELwax
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2013-06-01
Posts : 92 Points : 3472
Reputation : 31
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by TELwax on Tue 07 Jan 2014, 6:23 pm

Hoho,
 I understand from @gotel efforts, there might have been some  twix over the word "directory" and we are not so far finally.

Thanks to  @gotel  .
And Good news for 2014 !!!

I meant directory as directory feature INSIDE the .TEL , allowing access to subdirectories, is an original genuine feature as to initially pitched at ICANN .


The DIRECTORY you are talking about I guess, is the GLOBAL DIRECTORY, which is the "SHOULD BE" Searchable ,Organised , Easy to Access and to Retrieve Database of all .TEL , which results are rendered by priority ranking of "main page" of .TEL over "sub pages" of any given .TEL , with other nice parameters settings as geolocation, language, type of contact, topics, etc possibly in a multi row approach...

However this is not some internal feature of a TEL, it is (has to be) a
bundled backf office service rendered by TELnic and/or Telnames to enhance value of TELs.

Agreed that the fail of this external GLOBAL DIRECTORY from TELnic is an obvious fact so far.

However the legitimate ability of building subdirectories of contacts within a .TEL is a genuine initial feature and can never interfere within the results and capability of TELPages, therefore never can it be blamed for that.

To be honest, possibly the insane rendering  of TELpages since early times has been possilby rolled along for years so far because of the too numerous .TEL that were empty since early years (still today, many of them ) .
Therefore again not any responsability beared from the few .TELs  which were populated with multiple related subdirectories
(and subdirectories are still easy to discard when rendering search results, at least more easy than to reckon/justify that many .TEL are empty ).

The number of TLN should have then pushed things further for a more sophisticated telpages engine, rewarding content (single page or multiple page, without showing at same level subpages)

More surprising finally, and still very difficult to understand (at least for me) , is why TELnames do not offer a much better TELnamespages version for TELnames single page TELs to save existing TLN users , promote them, and urge them to stay aboard, instead of pushing them to third party, YP and Hibu likes , that do not care about them.
avatar
GoTel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-01-19
Posts : 249 Points : 7056
Reputation : 163
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by GoTel on Tue 07 Jan 2014, 8:42 pm

mikeseaton wrote:
I wonder how many millions of Telnames .tels would now be registered if they offered it FREE (or maybe just free for the first year) ?

It's a business model that's enabled Facebook, Twitter etc to become multi-billion dollar businesses - but heck what do they know about internet success that Telnic (Telnames parent company) doesn't ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel

AGREED, AGREED, AGREED - DEFINITELY the way it should have gone at Telnames launch, and it's not too late even now.

They would still need a directory like facebook and twitter to locate other Telnames pages and create the "hive" of Telnames buzz.  Facebook and Twitter both did this, AND did a "verified" service to know the "real" registrants when there were imposters in the mix.  Doesn't need to be categorized, just other Telnames that are searchable for everyone to see and get ideas, etc.
avatar
GoTel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-01-19
Posts : 249 Points : 7056
Reputation : 163
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by GoTel on Tue 07 Jan 2014, 8:53 pm

TELwax wrote: To be honest, possibly the insane rendering  of TELpages since early times has been possilby rolled along for years so far because of the too numerous .TEL that were empty since early years (still today, many of them ) .
Therefore again not any responsability beared from the few .TELs  which were populated with multiple related subdirectories
(and subdirectories are still easy to discard when rendering search results, at least more easy than to reckon/justify that many .TEL are empty ).

Agree with all except above.

Any sane individual would see that 100,000 .tel registrations would result in 100,000 directory entries and results, empty or not.

Facebook had 100,000 free page registrations, and a directory to find those pages, empty or not.

Twitter had 100,000 free page registrations, and a directory to find those pages, empty or not.

NEVER did either of them, nor would any SANE individual screw up the entire effort by mixing in the content of the pages or subpages into the main page results in the directory.

It would be ridiculous and suicide, or should I say, Telpages as it is, dead garbage.
avatar
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Location : Dorset UK
Join date : 2012-06-11
Posts : 2224 Points : 45219
Reputation : 836
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by mikeseaton on Tue 07 Jan 2014, 9:04 pm

GoTel wrote:They would still need a directory like facebook and twitter to locate other Telnames pages and create the "hive" of Telnames buzz.

What really gets me about the missing Tel Global Directory is that Telnic claims to have already developed one on the Telnic site (http://telnic.org/tour-global-directory.html) BUT DOESN'T MENTION IT AT ALL on the Telnames site (http://www.telnames.com) !

Does logical consistency exist in the Telnic/Telnames mindset ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel


___________________________________________________
Domain Sales: Sedo
eBay Shop: Mike 321 UK
Search Engines: Web | Video | Facebook | Google+ | Pinterest | Tel | Twitter
avatar
GoTel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-01-19
Posts : 249 Points : 7056
Reputation : 163
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by GoTel on Wed 08 Jan 2014, 6:03 am

mikeseaton wrote:
What really gets me about the missing Tel Global Directory is that Telnic claims to have already developed one on the Telnic site (http://telnic.org/tour-global-directory.html) BUT DOESN'T MENTION IT AT ALL on the Telnames site (http://www.telnames.com) !

Does logical consistency exist in the Telnic/Telnames mindset ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Telnames is SMART enough to know that Telpages is GARBAGE and won't associate with it, at least they know that subdomains in the results destroyed it and are avoiding the association.

SADLY their idea of self-promotion is NOT like facebook and twitter with their own directory, instead they look even more amateur and lame by using a random display on pinterest as some sort of valuable association.

Telnames doesn't even know how small and ridiculous they look when they have to use outside efforts' names for the most basic of necessities.

Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. all use sources outside of their ownership to some degree, but they don't advertise it, they make it look like it is a single entity.

This is critical to representing unity and stability, versus the "mutt" approach that Telnic and Telnames keeps using ... and advertising.
avatar
TELwax
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2013-06-01
Posts : 92 Points : 3472
Reputation : 31
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by TELwax on Wed 08 Jan 2014, 6:39 am

@gotel  wrote wrote:NEVER did either of them, nor would any SANE individual screw up the entire effort by mixing in the content of the pages or subpages into the main page results in the directory
Unfortunately www.TElpages.COM is mixing such results for strange reasons.

Unless it is the only way to maintain some visibibility of any TEL by search engines in the long run (or to offer API's services for direct queries by engines or any one interested ) , as claimed by TELNIc which says " TELs are automatically indexed by TELpages" .

One key advantage of TELpages is however its speed, digging internally into DNS files.


1. However the TEL Global Directory is still no-where (not NowHere), nor the TELnames global directory.

2. And it will require some further additionnal marketing efforts and community support from Telnic and TLN, as for example  www.GlobalDirectory.com is supporting other purposes....

3. Marketing and community support is on the contrary, something the dotMobi is good at despite .mobi aversion by many :
http://mobithinking.com/


Last edited by TELwax on Wed 08 Jan 2014, 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error in suggested url http://mobithinking.com/)
avatar
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Location : Dorset UK
Join date : 2012-06-11
Posts : 2224 Points : 45219
Reputation : 836
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by mikeseaton on Wed 08 Jan 2014, 7:45 pm

mikeseaton wrote:The home page of http://www.dottel.net was very useful in providing a daily count of Total .Tel Registrations with the Telnames figure itemised.

Now that this is no longer available, my Net-Link Tel Search Engine can provide a figure for INDEXED (by Google) TELNAMES .TELS - just click
http://www.net-link.com/tel/search.asp?q=%22powered+by+telnames.com%22

Indexed Telnames (Google database) were 6,860 on 5 January, now down to 6.820 on 9 January according to http://www.net-link.com/tel/search.asp?q=%22powered+by+telnames.com%22

So Telnames are dropping 10 a day net - not huge - but re-enforcing the view that Telnames Total Registrations have peaked at around their current level.

Telnic subdomain .tels didn't capture Joe Public's attention, Telnames .tels are levelling off without the missing Global Directory, do the Telnic board have a Plan C ?

Or must we all just sit and wait until the last of the $35,000,000 shareholder investment runs out and someone else takes over ?

WHERE'S THE SENSE OF URGENCY TELNIC/TELNAMES ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel[/b]


___________________________________________________
Domain Sales: Sedo
eBay Shop: Mike 321 UK
Search Engines: Web | Video | Facebook | Google+ | Pinterest | Tel | Twitter
avatar
Boracay
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-11-07
Posts : 241 Points : 6836
Reputation : 89
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by Boracay on Mon 13 Jan 2014, 7:59 pm

old .tel and a handful of arrogant people using massive amounts of subdomains for a few bucks is what destroyed the entire .tel iniative. wrote:
Every attempt to use .tel for a website or a self-authorized directory has proven useless and destroyed the .tel purpose.

what a garbage couple of comments.
there have been some fantastic directories created with top google results.
even more could be done with these directories! ...simply lacking the promised tools

4444 wrote:In the beginning of the availability of .tel a lot of people have waited for improved tools to start developing .tel. These tools have never been delivered.

exactly.


...and telnic promoted and championed the use of subdomains for directories, it was even a featured newsletter dedicated to directories.

the tools were promised to do more effective build-outs.
People are waiting on those tools!!


___________________________________________________
www.Resorts.tel (a combined .telnic, and .telname)

www.boracay.tel (a directory of "resorts") voted world's number 1 island resort destination of 2012
www.bali.tel (a directory of "resorts") voted world's number 2 island resort destination of 2012

Sponsored content

Re: Finding Total Telnames .Tel Registrations...

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Wed 18 Oct 2017, 8:02 pm