WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

An objective evaluation of .tel

RIP

Warning level : 100 %

An objective evaluation of .tel

Post by RIP on Sun 02 Feb 2014, 8:32 am

Telnic: Stagnancy since 2011
Telnames: Irrelevant (10,000 customers only, falling tendency and no new customers)
Telchina: Massive drops after three years
Telcp: Development stopped in summer 2013
Dottel: Last website deleted in January 2014
Telmasters: Promoting only a handful of domains in Aurora
Developers: Gone
Partnerships: Discontinued
.tel websites: Undeveloped
Registered .tel domains: Strong and steady reduction

Opinions?
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Re: An objective evaluation of .tel

Post by mikeseaton on Sun 02 Feb 2014, 9:27 am

@RIP - welcome to the forum.

A couple of points I would make:

Telnames - They do get a handful of new customers every day, though this is usually more than offset by the daily drops of both Telnames and Telnic .tels.

Developers - There is 1 developer left, Mark Kolb of Telmasters, though I suspect one day soon he will "get real" about the current prospects for the .tel project !

A highly insightful first post - it does seem to me that Telnic/Telnames live in a parallel universe to the rest of us mere mortals and believe this myriad of issues will somehow magically sort themselves out - they won't !

See also:
The Rise & Fall of the .Tel Project
Groundbreaking crash at Telnic

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Post by 4444 on Sun 02 Feb 2014, 10:32 am

mikeseaton wrote:Telnames - They do get a handful of new customers every day, though this is usually more than offset by the daily drops of both Telnames and Telnic .tels.

The number of newly registered domains at Telnames fluctuates between 0 and 5 .tels daily while previous registered domains get dropped after the first year very often.
TelBlogger
Insider
Insider

Post by TelBlogger on Sun 02 Feb 2014, 11:29 am

mikeseaton wrote:@RIP - welcome to the forum.

A couple of points I would make:

Telnames - They do get a handful of new customers every day, though this is usually more than offset by the daily drops of both Telnames and Telnic .tels.

Developers - There is 1 developer left, Mark Kolb of Telmasters, though I suspect one day soon he will "get real" about the current prospects for the .tel project !

A highly insightful first post - it does seem to me that Telnic/Telnames live in a parallel universe to the rest of us mere mortals and believe this myriad of issues will somehow magically sort themselves out - they won't !

See also:
The Rise & Fall of the .Tel Project
Groundbreaking crash at Telnic

They never fully committed to the .tel project. Pathetic development, no investment; what can they expect? They leeched off private developers who were never rewarded. Then they ran competitions to create designs - just ridiculous! 

This is why I believe they were never serious about making .tel a success. Absolutely clueless business people. Alienated nearly all investors in the extension. Destroyed their community - the forum. Now they have ruined reputations and shaky prospects.

I always felt we were dealing with school teachers; they had that kind of vibe. Investors, like pupils, were inferior and were treated that way.

Won't look too good on their CVs; managing the biggest domain failure in the history of the internet. Just a learning experience and a loss of time for the rest of us.
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Sun 02 Feb 2014, 11:49 am

TelBlogger wrote:Won't look too good on their CVs; managing the biggest domain failure in the history of the internet. Just a learning experience and a loss of time for the rest of us.

I wonder who will be the first Telnic/Telnames employee to follow the advice below ?

mikeseaton wrote:So Telnic Ltd., who haven't made a profit in their 15 years of existence, have now lost at least 30% of their annual renewal income !

If I was a Telnic employee I'd recognise that the writing was on the wall and get out now - it's always easier to get another job if your company is not shedding labour leaving you with no choice in the matter.

This is not scaremongering - just "stating the bleeding obvious" - as John Cleese of Monty Python and Fawlty Towers fame would say !

The money is running out fast - FACT (check the company accounts to see for yourself) and there appears to be no buyer waiting to take over - I would be delighted to be proved wrong about this !

Here's a couple of ex-Telnic employees who've gone on to better things - Fiona McKeown (used to be CFO) and Nadya Morozova (handled user liaison) - both were good at their jobs at Telnic.

Keep an eye on LinkedIn profiles and you may spot some leavers in the next few months - I've worked in the software industry long enough to recognise a sinking ship when I see one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 11:39 pm