WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Telnames is now "the only game in town" - but there is a problem...

Share
avatar
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Location : Dorset UK
Join date : 2012-06-11
Posts : 2224 Points : 45220
Reputation : 836
Warning level : 100 %

Telnames is now "the only game in town" - but there is a problem...

Post by mikeseaton on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 3:03 pm

...it is blatantly clear that TELNAMES (remember of course it's the same organisation as Telnic) DOES NOT WANT:

1. Domain Investors - please go away (no easy monetisation via AdSense).

2. Software Developers - please go away (no API access).

3. Power Users - please go away (no subdomains).

4. Registrars - please go away (no access to Telnames template).

I cannot think of ANY TLD in the history of the internet that has managed to alienate and ignore the above 4 types of people and succeed !

IS THERE ANY POINT TO THE .TEL PROJECT ANY MORE - OR IS IT FINALLY TIME TO JUST GIVE UP WITH .TEL ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel


___________________________________________________
Domain Sales: Sedo
eBay Shop: Mike 321 UK
Search Engines: Web | Video | Facebook | Google+ | Pinterest | Tel | Twitter
avatar
hulltv
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-07-05
Posts : 251 Points : 6982
Reputation : 64
Warning level : 75 %

Re: Telnames is now "the only game in town" - but there is a problem...

Post by hulltv on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 4:11 pm

Dont forget customers.

You don't give up mike, you just wait they will move on and see who comes in.

We cant wait for them there clueless i think we should link all our sites in one big directory ourselves  
this will give us maybe a boost in google rankings if link well we all work together in one big directory and see if this help more then separate dot tel sites.
on this forum we must have a good directory of names?


___________________________________________________
Unlock your phone APPS.TELL
avatar
The .TEL Directory
Newbie
Newbie

Join date : 2013-12-21
Posts : 5 Points : 1528
Reputation : 0
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Telnames is now "the only game in town" - but there is a problem...

Post by The .TEL Directory on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 5:35 pm

hulltv wrote:... i think we should link all our sites in one big directory ourselves  
this will give us maybe a boost in google rankings if link well we all work together in one big directory and see if this help more then separate dot tel sites.
on this forum we must have a good directory of names?

http://teldirectory.org
avatar
hulltv
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-07-05
Posts : 251 Points : 6982
Reputation : 64
Warning level : 75 %

Re: Telnames is now "the only game in town" - but there is a problem...

Post by hulltv on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 5:55 pm

thats old hat no use for anyone.


___________________________________________________
Unlock your phone APPS.TELL
avatar
The .TEL Directory
Newbie
Newbie

Join date : 2013-12-21
Posts : 5 Points : 1528
Reputation : 0
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Telnames is now "the only game in town" - but there is a problem...

Post by The .TEL Directory on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 6:01 pm

hulltv wrote:thats old

True; it's already 3 months old! I agree; that's too old!
avatar
The .TEL Directory
Newbie
Newbie

Join date : 2013-12-21
Posts : 5 Points : 1528
Reputation : 0
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Telnames is now "the only game in town" - but there is a problem...

Post by The .TEL Directory on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 6:05 pm

hulltv wrote:no use for anyone

What use do your .Tel domains have at all? In your view is there any justification for .Tel?
avatar
hulltv
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-07-05
Posts : 251 Points : 6982
Reputation : 64
Warning level : 75 %

Re: Telnames is now "the only game in town" - but there is a problem...

Post by hulltv on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 6:10 pm

forget it!

maybe were all stuffed.

ok i run a mobile phone shop and yes it works for me in part.
but as a domain web creator not at all.
yes had a go at building a directory with the old tel and lets be honest its ugly and stupid idea.

telnames looks ok but need more text input i like the notes feature on old tel and private data would be good i could make good use of this when i send information like unlock private codes to customers

i would  make it a duel roll website and docs/private data like google docs.
that would make it different as you can build a site with anything now.

when i had a virus on my websites telnames kept me online with no virus so thats good for me.

when i am at wholesalers i could access my telnames with the app and look at my private database on what parts i need to buy....this as a small business owner i would like on my telnames.

running a small business is not just what you see on a website anymore.
its what you don't see.


Last edited by hulltv on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total


___________________________________________________
Unlock your phone APPS.TELL
avatar
Tim Spears
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-09-21
Posts : 345 Points : 10310
Reputation : 260
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Telnames is now "the only game in town" - but there is a problem...

Post by Tim Spears on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 6:17 pm

The .TEL Directory wrote:What use do your .Tel domains have at all? In your view is there any justification for .Tel?

Of course, a reason for .tel exists! Some directors of a London based company earn big monthly salaries with these .tel domains.
What can we expect more? In addition, there is no other reason for the existence of .tel.

Please don’t expect any changes as long they can earn great money only for doing nothing.
Why should these people spend their time away from the golf courses?

Or have you seen any completed work from Telnic during the last 3 years?
avatar
hulltv
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-07-05
Posts : 251 Points : 6982
Reputation : 64
Warning level : 75 %

Re: Telnames is now "the only game in town" - but there is a problem...

Post by hulltv on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 6:32 pm

yes good post Tim.


___________________________________________________
Unlock your phone APPS.TELL
avatar
GoTel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-01-19
Posts : 249 Points : 7057
Reputation : 163
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Telnames is now "the only game in town" - but there is a problem...

Post by GoTel on Sat 15 Mar 2014, 6:52 am

mikeseaton wrote:...it is blatantly clear that TELNAMES (remember of course it's the same organisation as Telnic) DOES NOT WANT:

1. Domain Investors - please go away (no easy monetisation via AdSense).

2. Software Developers - please go away (no API access).

3. Power Users - please go away (no subdomains).

4. Registrars - please go away (no access to Telnames template).

I cannot think of ANY TLD in the history of the internet that has managed to alienate and ignore the above 4 types of people and succeed !

IS THERE ANY POINT TO THE .TEL PROJECT ANY MORE - OR IS IT FINALLY TIME TO JUST GIVE UP WITH .TEL ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel

The perfect start to a real effort.

Add a Telnames Directory and they finally have it right.

Stable, Consistent, Practical, Functional, Viable, and Searchable.

Brilliant.
avatar
4444
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2013-07-21
Posts : 422 Points : 10883
Reputation : 231
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Telnames is now "the only game in town" - but there is a problem...

Post by 4444 on Sat 15 Mar 2014, 7:12 am

GoTel wrote:The perfect start to a real effort.

Add a Telnames Directory and they finally have it right.

Stable, Consistent, Practical, Functional, Viable, and Searchable.

Brilliant.

It won't happen with the current people in charge. They let .tel rather die before they build a directory.
avatar
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Location : Dorset UK
Join date : 2012-06-11
Posts : 2224 Points : 45220
Reputation : 836
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Telnames is now "the only game in town" - but there is a problem...

Post by mikeseaton on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 3:44 pm

4444 wrote:
It won't happen with the current people in charge. They let .tel rather die before they build a directory.

You may need to wait until 30/05/2016 for a changing of the guard !

Will you - and everyone else - manage to stay interested for another 2+ years with Telnic still remaining in charge ?

My gut instinct says NO !

But am I right ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel


___________________________________________________
Domain Sales: Sedo
eBay Shop: Mike 321 UK
Search Engines: Web | Video | Facebook | Google+ | Pinterest | Tel | Twitter
avatar
Toptel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-07-02
Posts : 447 Points : 12364
Reputation : 319
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Telnames is now "the only game in town" - but there is a problem...

Post by Toptel on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 5:03 pm

mikeseaton wrote:Will you - and everyone else - manage to stay interested for another 2+ years with Telnic still remaining in charge ?

Beginning of the next week we'll know when the next renewal period is due.
My bet: Telnic will get the chance to learn another lesson with many more losses of customers during the following six weeks.
avatar
TelBlogger
Insider
Insider

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-04-29
Posts : 613 Points : 15044
Reputation : 273
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Telnames is now "the only game in town" - but there is a problem...

Post by TelBlogger on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 3:53 am

mikeseaton wrote:
4444 wrote:
It won't happen with the current people in charge. They let .tel rather die before they build a directory.

You may need to wait until 30/05/2016 for a changing of the guard !

Will you - and everyone else - manage to stay interested for another 2+ years with Telnic still remaining in charge ?

My gut instinct says NO !

But am I right ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel

People love to watch a slow-motion train wreck. And .tel is the biggest one in the history of the domain industry. So I think punters will maintain their interest as the promoter continues to find ways to destroy the extension.

It is fascinating to observe this painful case study in how not to run a company.

Sponsored content

Re: Telnames is now "the only game in town" - but there is a problem...

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 9:38 pm