WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

New Directory Re-Launched

telrific
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Warning level : 100 %

New Directory Re-Launched

Post by telrific on Wed 27 Jun 2012, 4:47 am

Someone has the right approach anyway, successful or not !

http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/6/prweb9629421.htm

Gee, what a concept.

Alex
Admin

Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
owner "tel.community" instead!

New e-Directory Promises to Become the White and Yellow Pages of the 21st Century

Post by Alex on Wed 27 Jun 2012, 4:50 am

e-MeDirectory.com, the 21st Century White pages and yellow pages, offers a centralized site for all to list their e-mail addresses and/or cell phone numbers, as a way of being "looked up" by people who know them - founder discloses she developed the site when she couldn't find an old friend's cell phone number. Other features include a business directory and the option of creating an unlimited number of personal directories that only the user has access to.

E-MeDirectory.com has just announced the re-launching of its website. E-Me is the first voluntary, nationwide electronic cell phone and e-mail address directory of its kind. It differs from other sites like Facebook, Twitter and Myspace in that it is not a social networking site. Rather, it is an information base that protects its members’ privacy while allowing them to list a limited amount of contact information so that people who know them are able to find and contact them. Members can list as little as just their e-mail address, although they have the option of listing additional information and even uploading a photo if they so choose. Contact is not made through the website; the site merely provides the contact information. The user can then utilize the posted information, such as the person's cell phone number or e-mail address, to contact the party he is seeking.

In addition to finally providing a centralized location for individuals to list their cell phone numbers and e-mail addresses, e-Me offers other practical and useful tools for individuals and businesses alike. For instance, members may create an unlimited number of personal directories (to which only they have access via a user name and password). Members may store their cell phone information in their directories, as well, providing a safe place from which to retrieve the information if and when it is ever needed.

E-Me’s Purple Pages Business Directory offers small business members the opportunity to list their business contact information as well as a brief description of the product or service they offer. Individuals looking for a particular product or service in a particular location will be directed to those business members’ pages, serving to greatly increase the exposure of these small businesses.

E-Me is not limited to professionals or members of select groups. Anyone can join; it's free. In sum, e-MeDirectory and e-Me's Purple Pages could easily become the on-line equivalents, respectively, of the white and yellow pages for electronic communication devices in the twenty-first century.

I have left TelTalk.org. Please contact the new forum owner tel.community instead!
Telminator
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Warning level : Banned

Re: New Directory Re-Launched

Post by Telminator on Wed 27 Jun 2012, 4:55 am

The domain name E-MeDirectory.com is not very catchy. And the website is not even running - at least at this very moment. But the idea is revolutionary - it reminds me of another forgotten resource: Telpages.com!
Tel
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Tel on Wed 27 Jun 2012, 5:13 am

There are already tons of providers for this kind of service like wikiworldbook.com, but it's very difficult to reach a level like famous websites. So far only Facebook, LinkedIn and Xing are mentionable.
Tel
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Tel on Wed 27 Jun 2012, 5:17 am

If you use http://emedirectory.com/search.aspx, so far it's hard to find any person listed on their website.
telrific
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by telrific on Wed 27 Jun 2012, 6:30 am

Tel wrote:There are already tons of providers for this kind of service like wikiworldbook.com, but it's very difficult to reach a level like famous websites. So far only Facebook, LinkedIn and Xing are mentionable.

I've heard of something called Yellow Pages too.

Alex
Admin

Post by Alex on Wed 27 Jun 2012, 7:21 am

So far the "E-Me Directory" has only 77 (!) profiles.

The head of Telmasters has one, too:

Link to profile of Mark Kolb

By following this link you will see the website has an amateurish state.

I have left TelTalk.org. Please contact the new forum owner tel.community instead!
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Wed 27 Jun 2012, 7:50 am

E-Me is not limited to professionals or members of select groups. Anyone can join; it's free. In sum, e-MeDirectory and e-Me's Purple Pages could easily become the on-line equivalents, respectively, of the white and yellow pages for electronic communication devices in the twenty-first century.
Just what .Tel and TelPages was supposed to be - only it's Free !

TelTalk wrote:Link to profile of Mark Kolb

By following this link you will see the website has an amateurish state.
A lot of people don't rate the look of Facebook pages either !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Alex
Admin

Post by Alex on Wed 27 Jun 2012, 10:33 am

mikeseaton wrote:A lot of people don't rate the look of Facebook pages either !
They don't rate it; but if it isn't professional, they don't use it either!

I don't think the e-MeDirectory has the slightest chance to succeed.

Much more effort for Telpages has been done - and it's still unknown until today. Let's see what the expected activity from the new Head of Online Marketing for Telnames will bring!

Tel
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Tel on Wed 27 Jun 2012, 12:25 pm

telrific wrote:I've heard of something called Yellow Pages too.

That's a good objection! Do we need .tel at all since we can do already everything what we need with Yellow Pages?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 5:46 pm