WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Surnames

Share
avatar
Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Join date : 2014-12-30
Posts : 2903 Points : 8968
Reputation : 0
Warning level : 100 %

Surnames

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 12:43 pm

Cees01-29-2010 07:55 AM






Surnames
 
Question,

What does the forum feel about the value of Surnames, I appreciate that in general they will probably not be a big money spinner, but could still provide a decent return, reason I ask is that there are still a lot of surnames available.

TIA
mactel01-29-2010 01:20 PM






Working Girls Have Discovered Dot Tel!...
 
.
The oldest business in the world is using surmames for .tel:
Working Girls Have Discovered Dot Tel!...:

"For the last couple of months, the joke around the office has been that dot tel would be extremely useful for “ladies of the evening”.

We just couldn’t come up with a way of marketing to them that didn’t sink us into tawdriness.

Well it looks like we are too late – they have discovered dot tel without our help.

Anyone who is on Twitter has a large number of “working girls” following them. A review of the tweets that Dot Tel Finder aggregates http://www.dottelfinder.com/tweets/ shows two such ladies who believe .tel would be an asset to their business.

Some Googling on this particular demographic of Twitter users shows that they are early adopters of all technologies as their job mandates the need for constant promotion and accessibility.

It seems that any sole proprietorship has the same needs – you have to constantly market yourself in different arenas and be available to clients through a myriad of channels.

So if Twookers have discovered .tel , why haven’t you?"

(Source: Aboutdottel)
.
.
François01-29-2010 06:39 PM






Working Girls 2
 
Here is the full transcription of the hot conversation between those 2 Twookers on Twitter:

Tweet#1sexy_asian "im thinking of getting my .tel domain name so people call me and find me"

Tweet#2sexy_asian "@banged did you see this .tel domain with direct connect? can we use this"

Tweet#3banged "what? the .tel domain? the phonebook from the asian news?"

Tweet#4banged "@sexy_asian what names are still available i want a good .tel domain name"

Tweet#5banged "@sexy_asian send me a link.. who sells it?"

Tweet#6DotTelFinder "@banged @sexy_asian BangedPussy.tel and SexyAsian.tel are still available ... Hurry up ladies!"

Enjoy your week-end! Best,
mactel01-29-2010 07:33 PM






.
A little more serious, explaining how to use surname .tel's for business:

http://bubbl.us/view.php?sid=513278&...UTZuczVIeWlKaw
Undermoose01-30-2010 08:20 AM






I had more than one reason for registering surnames, but I'm thinking vanity names, email addresses, etc. I think it's a natural to inspect your last name as soon as you learn about .tel (first names too obviously), and as dot tel matures the value of "The Trophy" surname.tel will also mature. Another obvious is that firstnamelastname.tel's will be quite common, but just your surname? NICE.

I own close to 200 surnames in fact, and I plan to populate them with geneology of the surname. I believe this would make them more attractive, and add some value to anyone arriving at the dot tel.

You can see my list of surnames on http://Undermoose.Tel - follow the web link, then click "Salutation" to see the surnames.
maximka01-30-2010 11:18 AM






Quote:





Originally Posted by François (Post 4990)
Tweet#4banged "@sexy_asian what names are still available i want a good .tel domain name"



[size]

When these ladies will learn that their real names will be available for everyone via "Whois", then they will think twice before registering .tel. :eek:




.[/size]
mactel01-30-2010 02:13 PM






.
As far as I know:
If your registrar is Domainmonster:
He offers you a privacy service for Whois entries.
So I understand, that one could be in Whois, not having to show their name:

Registrant Name: Domainmonster.com Privacy Service

Example:

pills.tel domain lookup results from whois.nic.tel server:

Domain Name: PILLS.TEL
Domain ID: D674271-TEL
Sponsoring Registrar: MESH DIGITAL LIMITED
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 1390
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Registrant ID: MESHDM-84952
Registrant Name: Domainmonster.com Privacy Service
Registrant Organization: Mesh Digital Ltd (Domainmonster.com)
Registrant Address1: PO Box 1125
Registrant City: Guildford
Registrant State/Province: Surrey
Registrant Postal Code: GU1 9LU
Registrant Country: UNITED KINGDOM
Registrant Country Code: GB
Registrant Phone Number: +44.1483307528
Registrant Facsimile Number: +44.1483304031
Registrant Email: 070ACE88-541A-4E51-99F5-B7169CB1B3A1@privatemonster.com
Administrative Contact ID: MESHDM-84952
Administrative Contact Name: Domainmonster.com Privacy Service
Administrative Contact Organization: Mesh Digital Ltd (Domainmonster.com)
Administrative Contact Address1: PO Box 1125
Administrative Contact City: Guildford
Administrative Contact State/Province: Surrey
Administrative Contact Postal Code: GU1 9LU
Administrative Contact Country: UNITED KINGDOM
Administrative Contact Country Code: GB
Administrative Contact Phone Number: +44.1483307528
Administrative Contact Facsimile Number: +44.1483304031
Administrative Contact Email: 070ACE88-541A-4E51-99F5-B7169CB1B3A1@privatemonster.com
Billing Contact ID: MESHDM-84952
Billing Contact Name: Domainmonster.com Privacy Service
Billing Contact Organization: Mesh Digital Ltd (Domainmonster.com)
Billing Contact Address1: PO Box 1125
Billing Contact City: Guildford
Billing Contact State/Province: Surrey
Billing Contact Postal Code: GU1 9LU
Billing Contact Country: UNITED KINGDOM
Billing Contact Country Code: GB
Billing Contact Phone Number: +44.1483307528
Billing Contact Facsimile Number: +44.1483304031
Billing Contact Email: 070ACE88-541A-4E51-99F5-B7169CB1B3A1@privatemonster.com
Technical Contact ID: MESHDM-84952
Technical Contact Name: Domainmonster.com Privacy Service
Technical Contact Organization: Mesh Digital Ltd (Domainmonster.com)
Technical Contact Address1: PO Box 1125
Technical Contact City: Guildford
Technical Contact State/Province: Surrey
Technical Contact Postal Code: GU1 9LU
Technical Contact Country: UNITED KINGDOM
Technical Contact Country Code: GB
Technical Contact Phone Number: +44.1483307528
Technical Contact Facsimile Number: +44.1483304031
Technical Contact Email: 070ACE88-541A-4E51-99F5-B7169CB1B3A1@privatemonster.com
Name Server: A0.CTH.DNS.NIC.TEL
Name Server: D0.CTH.DNS.NIC.TEL
Name Server: N0.CTH.DNS.NIC.TEL
Name Server: S0.CTH.DNS.NIC.TEL
Name Server: T0.CTH.DNS.NIC.TEL
Created by Registrar: MESH DIGITAL LIMITED
Last Updated by Registrar: NEULEVELCSR
Domain Registration Date: Mon Mar 23 23:59:59 GMT 2009
Domain Expiration Date: Thu Mar 22 23:59:59 GMT 2012
Domain Last Updated Date: Tue Mar 31 13:55:46 GMT 2009

-----------------------------------------------------------------
.
mactel01-30-2010 02:52 PM






.
Edit:

But nota bene!:
If your domain name has „confusing similarity“ with a company that holds a trade mark on a similar (brand) name, than WIPO will acuse you, in case of a domain name dispute, in any case, for holding a domain name in „bad faith“, if you use a privacy service for registering a domain name.
Because that would be regarded / considered as hiding your identity in case of bad faith usage of a domain name. And it would give the panelist another reason for regarding you as a cyber squatter.
So, in such a case, you would be only disqualifying your self in advance, if using such a privacy service, if you must expect a domain name dispute to happen any time. 

Even selling Viagra pills, could be quite risky, in case of a law suit...

.
Think twice, before considering to use a domain register privacy service: You don't want to be criminalized (called a criminal, or said to be comitting a crime, or a unlawful act) if you have not comitted any crime, or illegal act. 

But of course, if you want to register a surname domain name, because you offer adult services: Using a privacy service for registering your domain name, may be ok.

Stay clean, be correct. And privacy, in this matter, is really only for offering adult services. And should not be used for anything else. (It is even wrong to use pricacy in auctions, if it is not about adult services, sex toys, etc. Regrettably, privacy is been used in any online auctions, and is often misused for fraudulent transactions, respectively, for shill bidding (SnapNames scandal) with nick names, or with numbers (eBay, Sedo, etc.) - There are much more cases of uncovered shill bidding, than what gets covered up, in seldom cases.)

- Just a few more thoughts, and my two cents...
.
.
maximka01-30-2010 06:05 PM






Quote:





****LLS.tel
Domain Registration Date: Mon Mar 23 23:59:59 GMT 2009
Domain Expiration Date: Thu Mar 22 23:59:59 GMT 2012



[size]

That domain, which you use as an example, is from Landrush, so its privacy does not show the current situation with it. As to the use of "privacy", I think that it would be better if everyone himself would decide does he need to use it or no.




P.S.
We already tried to discuss why "Privacy" is not available now: http://www.telnic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364



.[/size]
mactel01-30-2010 06:58 PM






.
Relax...

I did not say, what people must do: I sayd, what people should better not do, to prevent them selfs from loosing their .tel domain, in case of a domain name disput. 

Using a privacy service for registering a domain, would be regarded as hiding identity/holdin a domain name in "bad faith", in a domain name disput about that domain.

You are able to defend your (.tel) domain name: But you want to do it smart, without disquallyfying yourself before trial even begins...
There are a lot of big guns out there, wanting to take your domain away from you. Wanting to posses the domain name, that you created and registered, and paied for: And that all fully legaly.
That's the dirty side of the domaining game. 

You are free to do and decide how you like, but it is better, if you make a decision by beeing well informed about possible risks.
Nothing more. We don't like letting domainers "walking into a open knife", if we can warn them before, "about the knife that might be there" (WIPO).
.
Where you able to follow me?
.
(Korruption rules over justice and peace, and is everywhere and omnipresent: And so, there is no such thing as justice and peace. Either you act very smart, are very well informed and educated, and are familiar with the rules, or you have no chance against a big gun. Who is effectively acting in bad faith, in most of the WIPO cases? For example, claiming that he is the lawful owner of a domain, which he neither created, nor registered, but just because he had registered a trade mark on that name. But too late. And so he is a claiming fool, just hoping that the panelist might decide in his favor, because he is big and powerful. There are loads of lawyers out there, earning their living by playing dirty und unlawful tricks, trying to bypass law, trying to benefit from a niche, from a missing rule or law. Trying to bend a law in their favor. Hoping that a judge may make new law, every time, or not seeing flaws and mistakes within claims. It is more and more just gambling, than serious law suits, or showing a little bit of respect for people. Law suits within domaning, are the biggest desaster, because so little is properly ruled and regulated. And so it is like a lottery, if you get right or not, even if you have "good cards". A part of the "lawyers guild" work no different than organised criminals (white collar crime, yes, here, too...). And so, that is why nothing changes to the better, in this world, because any sort of crime can be defended. By other criminals, who have studied law. - Any justice for average domainers?: Nope..., or very seldom. Because you won't get much justice, as a nobody domainer, you got to enter the "arena", "fight pit" (domain disput) "with good cards".)
.
.
Undermoose01-30-2010 07:12 PM






You guys went completely off topic. This is a surname discussion. Kindly delete your posts, and move them to another thread.
mactel01-30-2010 07:54 PM






.
This is obviously not your "comfort zone"...
Hoever, this is about "lessons in love, as well as lessons in law", which do go well together. 
About dot tel surnames, for adult services, and the question about: "When should we use a privacy service, for registering a .tel domain name?"
You too: Sit back and relax...

It's about the underworld, not the undermoose...

It's about Sex and Crime.

A fascinating thread, at last!...

Cheers...
.
.
maximka01-30-2010 08:23 PM






Quote:





Originally Posted by Undermoose (Post 5002)
You guys went completely off topic. This is a surname discussion. Kindly delete your posts, and move them to another thread.



[size]

Undermoose, you are right! It is better to have it all in one place. Mactel, would you be so kind to continue discussion of the need / harm of "privacy" function in the topic at this link? http://www.telnic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364 




P.S.
Undermoose, I put my remark about "privacy" here because use of surnames in tel-domain names is in close connection to personal security of tel owners.[/size]
aliencafe01-30-2010 08:52 PM






I may have missed the discussion, but is there any Issue with Pills.tel?

I own it.
maximka01-30-2010 09:11 PM






aliencafe, I am sorry for exposure of that name in my quotation. I already hided letters of that domain name in that my post.
Undermoose01-30-2010 09:15 PM






You're obviously not sorry, you continue to derail this thread.

Take your pills.tel dicussion to the appropriate place, post your own topic, go hire a lawyer, whatever.

The problem now is this thread is ruined. A person interested in this topic will see the derailment and their eyes will glaze over, end of discussion...

Moderator please fix this thread and delete the inappropriate posts.
maximka01-30-2010 09:54 PM






Undermoose, thank you very much for your valuable remarks!

By the way, it would be interesting to know your opinion about use of surnames in .tel domains? By some opinions people will avoid to take such names for their tels and will prefer nicks. Do you think that they will be popular?
Undermoose01-30-2010 10:07 PM






It depends on the person. 

Usually you can't get your real name so you have no choice but to use a nick name, both names, or a combo.

I have a couple of friends who grabbed their last names immediately. It looks very professional. 

I'd say, "Distinguished".
mactel01-31-2010 08:33 AM






.
Sorry Pal.
I think your post (quoted) should rather be in the sales thread, because you are providing a link to your domain list, where the domains are mainly offered for sale:
Quote: "...follow the web link, then click "Salutation" to see the surnames."
Quoted from your website: "Some of these names will be for sale, and some are personal use.
Send an email to enquire: bullmoose@undermoose.com."

You are mainly interested in selling your surname dot tel domains. It is obvious. And you want people to rather take attention of your sales post, than the rest of the thread, which provides some interesting thoughts and useful information, and which is less dry and boring to read, than so many other posts and threads, that have been posted within this forum. A bit of spicing up, and sort of excurion. But surnames and privacy, will always be a issue. Especially, if surnames are used to offer adult services.

Quote:





Originally Posted by Undermoose (Post 4994)
I had more than one reason for registering surnames, but I'm thinking vanity names, email addresses, etc. I think it's a natural to inspect your last name as soon as you learn about .tel (first names too obviously), and as dot tel matures the value of "The Trophy" surname.tel will also mature. Another obvious is that firstnamelastname.tel's will be quite common, but just your surname? NICE.

I own close to 200 surnames in fact, and I plan to populate them with geneology of the surname. I believe this would make them more attractive, and add some value to anyone arriving at the dot tel.

You can see my list of surnames on http://Undermoose.Tel - follow the web link, then click "Salutation" to see the surnames.





mactel01-31-2010 09:00 AM






Quote:





Originally Posted by aliencafe (Post 5005)
I may have missed the discussion, but is there any Issue with Pills.tel?

I own it.




[size]

The Whois of pills.tel is public information.
And it is shown here, as a example for registering a dot tel domain name by using a privacy service, provided by a registrar. And I was trying to explain, when it is ok, to use such a service (for .tel surnames, for example), and in which cases it should better not be used (confusing similar domain name, etc., as well as to prevent from accusations of "bad faith" domain name registering).
So, no: There is no issue with pills.tel. 
And it is neither my duty to tell sellers, that they should be a bit careful, if selling Viagra pills online... Those are not as harmless as the power drink with the red bull logo, if you take a little too much.
.
Take care, and take care and resposibility of others, too, if you are selling them "hot stuff".
A over dosis of those pills, can cause the consumer "youknowwhat"...
And if a widow brings you to trial/court, you would have to pay quite a lot of money, that you probably won't have. I am just beeing honest with you, because I care about you. And I don't like fellow domainers going to jail / prison, for something they could of easily have prevented. IMO. 
.
Dot tel domains are also for commercial use, but we must act responsible, and witin the law.

Transparency, is always a good thing in business, and causes less distrust.
.
.
[/size]
avatar
Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Join date : 2014-12-30
Posts : 2903 Points : 8968
Reputation : 0
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Surnames

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 12:43 pm

Undermoose01-31-2010 09:15 AM




On topic.
 
Quote:



Originally Posted by mactel (Post 5010)
.
Sorry Pal.
I think your post (quoted) should rather be in the sales thread, because you are providing a link to your domain list, where the domains are mainly offered for sale:
Quote: "...follow the web link, then click "Salutation" to see the surnames."
Quoted from your website: "Some of these names will be for sale, and some are personal use.
Send an email to enquire: bullmoose@undermoose.com."

You are mainly interested in selling your surname dot tel domains. It is obvious. And you want people to rather take attention of your sales post, than the rest of the thread, which provides some interesting thoughts and useful information, and which is less dry and boring to read, than so many other posts and threads, that have been posted within this forum. A bit of spicing up, and sort of excurion. But surnames and privacy, will always be a issue. Especially, if surnames are used to offer adult services.



[size]
Sorry you feel this way, and I don't think your reply has any merritt. In fact you try to rationalize the derailment of the thread, and that really doesn't serve.

To clarify, I didn't start this thread, but I did participate in it because it cought my attention. Obviously I have interest in surnames, and my involvement in .Tel is no secret. I believe my insight may have some value for others, maybe not, but that's for others to decide.

As for the links to my site, they were provided in response to being asked my opinion regarding surnames vs nick names. I felt sharing my site was a very clear statement regarding what I think about surnames.

This isn't a sales thread, it's a discussion about surnames, which I obviously believe are of value. That's my opinion and I can share that in any way I see fit.

It's 100 percent on topic.

Regarding privacy issues and surnames, you're not correct. There is very little privacy issue to a surname as they are shared by many people, sometimes millions of people, and my understanding is that's why you can't trademark a last (or first) name. I believe I've read that in some cases first name and last name combination domains can be protected however, but only for people of fame and not always.[/size]

mactel01-31-2010 09:58 AM




.
Hi undermoose
I was only refering to this post, about surnames and privacy in connection of offering adult services (obviously it was a question and issue, worthy to be discussed here):

Quote:



Originally Posted by maximka (Post 4995)
When these ladies will learn that their real names will be available for everyone via "Whois", then they will think twice before registering .tel. :eek:
.



[size]
And if you say, that "surnames and pricacy", respectively, "privacy for surnames", are not a issue: Well, then that is your personal and own opinon, and which is ok.
Again, you are only defending your "sales post".
Furthermore, you are continuing with your untenable accusations against me.
Give us a break. 
I was not talking about trade marks for surnames, I meant trade marks, for existing similar (brand) names, and which is why one should not use a privacy service to register a domain name that is confusing similar to a existing brand domain name. Because that act of privacy would be interpreted and outlayed as a registration of a domain name in "bad faith" (hiding ones identity).
.
Your quotes:
"...I didn't start this thread, but I did participate in it because it cought my attention." And:
"...surnames, which I obviously believe are of value." End of quotes.
- Of course it cought your attention, because you want to sell your dot tel surnames...., because you regard them as valuable (value for money). It is that easy. Stop fooling us.
Selling dot tel domain names, is ok, but not so much, within this thread: There is a special sales thread within this forum.
.
Why not move your "sales post" to the sales thread, where it will get appropriate attention and appreciation?

Good luck with your .tel surname sales.
.
.[/size]

Undermoose01-31-2010 10:55 AM




Mactel, please let me explain,

The reason my posts are in this thread is because it relates to the discussion on surnames.

But to address your question about why not post my .Tel's in the sales section? I've never listed a single post listing domains for sale on any forum. It's not my style.

I think you're confusing the "Real Names" vs "Surnames" in that quote of yours. 

"Quote: Originally Posted by maximka 
When these ladies will learn that their real names will be available for everyone via "Whois", then they will think twice before registering .tel."

If only their surnames were there, nobody would ever know who they are, except people who recognize their address / phone number.

Perhaps you are also confusing the issue of mis-use of a domain. Any domain can be mis-used, the URL aside. For example I'll use gates.com (I've never gone there), anyone could own it, but put that domain up there and start talking about Bill badly and you'd be lacking of ethics. Owning gates.com is nooooo problem, using it improperly is... it's common sense. Now billgates.com /cough, a touch insensitive.... to say the least.

Let me also clarify that Telnic registration requires WHOIS have complete first and last names on a registration, or a legal entity. Surnames do not suffice.

But we are talking about Surname.Tel's, and not WHOIS, or any other topic on this thread right? SHEESH.

maximka01-31-2010 03:29 PM




Quote:



Originally Posted by Undermoose (Post 5009)
Usually you can't get your real name so you have no choice but to use a nick name, both names, or a combo.


[size]
I personally do not think that to have a real name (or surname, or name+surname) for personal .tel is a fine thing. For business directory it can be, of course.

Half a year ago I persuaded one my friend to register .tel as a contact hub for his hobby. After that he found that his real name is still free. But he did not took it because he said: "Who will phone me if I will put there my contacts? People with the same name? Spammers, scammers, other unwanted persons?" And he left that name aside.

The similar situation we see in chats or forums - people can choose their real names as their user-names but they prefer nicknames - perhaps, it is because they want to have a right to privacy, I think.




.[/size]

Undermoose01-31-2010 08:25 PM




To each their own of course, but I think one finds the professional circuit wants have something to distinguish themselves from the masses, and they have public and private telephone numbers, public and private email addresses. The business vs personal lines blur as one's professional life is often paramount in the day to day. Dot tel provides for that in public and private contact records of course.

Wanting to make a name, or be rememberable, this is the reason vanity phone numbers were the rage prior the internet, and still offer Location Location Location marketing. 1-800-Flowers for example. In the .Tel world, I'm going to remember smith.tel before I remember smith10128.tel, or hotels.tel before I remember hotelsandothertypesofroomsandaccomodations.tel.

Full names are certainly less private than surnames, but if the surname is common then even a full name is one of many. Surnames offer as much privacy as a nick name frankly, take the classic Smith.tel or Jones.tel as the biggest example. As far as the unwanted call list issue, if you put your .Tel into Google I believe you'll make it to that list no matter what your "handle". Lovey12902.tel will become listed, search engines will do their work, and the thinking that the nick name offers privacy idea goes right out the window. Private information needs to be kept private on a .Tel if you want to be private. So lets see, if the nick name doesn't offer anymore privacy than another .Tel, then what does it offer? It gives the .Tel user the name of their choice so they can be remembered too and that's a good use of .Tel. 
Surnames can't be had by everyone!

A surname can also offer a family a place for all members to participate privately and publically if they wish, where a nick name doesn't encourage that type of family bonding. For example, sally.smith.tel, harry.smith.tel, mom.smith.tel, dad.smith.tel, rover.smith.tel. Guess what, that family is going to keep track of each other pretty easy, even if harry.smith.tel has his own wildman23.tel, or 20 nick names, or 5 IM's... they're all listed if he choses on his harry.smith.tel. Of course any .Tel can dot that, it's just cool to use a surname if you can get it.

So if your goal is privacy, and you register your full name, last name, first name, or nick name, just make every single thing private. Only allow family and friends. My best suggestion is to put an email to request your information on the .Tel and that's it. That way you control all access to your .Tel. Your friends and family will then be the only ones who can track you through the years.

maximka02-02-2010 01:05 PM




Quote:



Originally Posted by Undermoose (Post 5026)
To each their own of course, but I think one finds the professional circuit wants have something to distinguish themselves from the masses...


[size]
Yes, thats right! Distinguishing helps business.

Do you think that NAME.tel or SURNAME.tel will have bigger value in eyes of these people than PROFESSION.tel or PRODUCT.tel or SERVICE.tel or BusinessBranch.tel?




.[/size]

Undermoose02-02-2010 02:26 PM




My initial reaction is that none of those .Tel would mean much to an individual as a personal .Tel.

That's indirectly a good example of why someone's surname would be desireable. I'd much rather have my surname (and I do) than some unrelated generic name as a personal contact record.

maximka02-02-2010 08:33 PM




Quote:



Originally Posted by Undermoose (Post 5026)
To each their own of course, but I think one finds the professional circuit wants have something to distinguish themselves from the masses, and they have public and private telephone numbers, public and private email addresses. The business vs personal lines blur as one's professional life is often paramount in the day to day. Dot tel provides for that in public and private contact records of course.


[size]
Quote:
[/size]



Originally Posted by Undermoose (Post 5058)
My initial reaction is that none of those .Tel would mean much to an individual as a personal .Tel.

That's indirectly a good example of why someone's surname would be desireable. I'd much rather have my surname (and I do) than some unrelated generic name as a personal contact record.



[size]
Yes, I agree, that for personal .tel it is better to have something individual, and name.tel would be one of the most desirable things here. But then we talk about professional circuits and professional life, when profession.tel and etc., perhaps, would fit better?

A person can forget a name of a businessman with whom he had talks a year ago - and then he will forget his name.tel, but the same person will never forget the name of a product or service he wants to buy from that businessman, and so will not forgetproduct.tel or service.tel. And because of that owner of product.tel or service.tel will have advantage on his competitors in his business. 

The same thing with doctor.tel, seller.tel, IndustryBranch.tel and etc.




.[/size]

Undermoose02-02-2010 10:58 PM




We're talking about two different things.

I wasn't referring to a business specifically when I was talking about professionals, rather I was referring to a person with professional interests.

    Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:24 am