WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Yandex.ru seems to like dot tel.

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 12:50 pm

Undermoose02-04-2010 04:49 AM

Yandex.ru is a Russian search engine and for some reason it really seems to like .tel domains.

I've put keywords into Google and it's not easy to find a .Tel link, but Yandex.ru lists them right up there with anything else it indexes.

Type in a keyword or phrase of interest and you will probably get a dot tel hit back included in the results. It'll be mixed Russian and English but you'll be able to see clearly enough (an english URL remains as spelled).

I noticed this search engine when using the free stats on Stats4.tel. It analyzed my log files and it showed that the major portion of search engine traffic I receive is from Yandex and then Google.

maximka02-04-2010 08:35 AM

At yandex.com I have 1-2 place for a single word "enamel". Perhaps, it is due to the fact that it is a smaller search engine, so the competition is weaker. This it has an advantage - it can be used for controlling current position of your TEL to the search for a single word.

Yandex, as I noticed, differs from Google in that that for two-words-domains it seems it prefers domains with hyphens - you can see that key word is marked in bold green color at the bottom of each search.

maximum02-04-2010 06:13 PM

Today, Yandex base contains 532 thousand pages. Index.

RaffaeleDellaPeruta02-05-2010 12:57 AM

The put a lot of weight on the words within the domain.

It is just going to take time with Google. I have been watching my taxi names slowly move to the top. I'm counting on one day, in the next three years, finding that mobile search with jump all .tel domains to the top giving them priority.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&so...meta=&aq=f&oq=

Build quality dot tel people and the search engines will come.

RaffaeleDellaPeruta02-05-2010 01:00 AM

By the way all taxi services listed under the dot tel example I gave are customers that approached us to be listed, not us asking them if we could list them.

I didn't expect this to happen this early in the life span of dot tel. Definitely a postive sign.

Undermoose02-05-2010 05:48 AM

I have to say that I'm still a bit perplexed. I just did a quick search for Taxi, spending perhaps 5 minutes, keyword Taxi, and New York Taxi, and not one .Tel on Google.

I think .Tel is going to grow, and that's the most important thing, but I'll be very surprised the day I see a dot Tel on a NYC street ad, billboard, or bus. When that day comes I'll believe it's arrived and I own quite a number of Dot Tel too.

When Google (and the other big search engines) dedicate a method to deliver dot .Tel with as much prominence on a search as Yandex, then it'll have arrived in those places too. When you search for NYC Taxi, I'd expect web pages on a PC, but a list of Dot Tel on a mobile device rather than just web hits, and in either case the Dot Tel listing needs to be in the forfront in some fashion.

Kudo's to Yandex for demonstrating how effective Dot Tel is at being indexed.

RaffaeleDellaPeruta02-05-2010 03:01 PM

I would partially agree with you in some ways. However, if I am a user and I type in New York Taxi why would it be beneficial to put a web page for a user over a dot tel. For a user all he cares about is a taxi telephone number isn't it? I could make the argument that the dot tel is more likely to have an accurate telephone number since it is easier and cheaper to maintain.

Do graphics and content really matter in this case?

If I am on my mobile phone then I would completely argue that fetching a dot tel result is much better on multiple grounds. Speed, download size (cost), reliability etc.

The reason the dot tel's are not up on top of the search engines at this point for ground computers is the fact that they don't even have a year under their belt. This is a huge factor in determining the value a site will give a user.

ArrisDottel02-23-2010 10:21 PM

I am also very impresed by the amount of search hits being directed from Yandex. 

I will factor this in when developing my .tels.

It underlines the benefit of .tel being a global extenston. I notice that .co.uk is nowhere near as prevelant.

tel4rent02-24-2010 09:58 AM

Indeed Yandex.ru loves tel. When i look at my stats Yandex comes first. It seems that the refresh rate on Yandex is much faster...most of my dot tel are listed on Yandex quite well. 

Bing also seem to have pick up very well these days. 

Be well.

Current date/time is Thu 21 Sep 2017, 4:48 am