WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Google Ads on Mobiles

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Google Ads on Mobiles

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 12:50 pm

tony mayo01-29-2010 01:07 PM

Google Ads on Mobiles

Now that Google has launched click-to-call on mobile ads, I wonder what the implications/opportunities are for .tel?http://www.lostremote.com

dotteler01-29-2010 03:57 PM

We need to be able to include the java in the ad sidebar to enable google ads. Would also be great for enabling clickable tweets.
This will be the 'dam burst' that we need for .tel to take off. (at least one of them)

tony mayo01-29-2010 06:37 PM

Thanks for that dotteler. 

Quote:

This will be the 'dam burst' that we need for .tel to take off. (at least one of them)

[size]
That's one dam I'd like to see bursting - and soon![/size]

telme01-29-2010 08:22 PM

Having the ability to use Adsense would be a big bump.

jacksonp02-06-2010 01:02 PM

No idea regarding Google has launched click-to-call on mobile ads,thanks for updating me i search of these and reply you.

telme02-19-2010 01:21 AM

It looks like our wish will come true in March!

Quote:

Hot News: .tel to support Google AdSense in March

Following on from discussions with the community, Telnic will introduce Google AdSense for .tel pages to enable .tel owners to easily generate additional revenue from their domains. The ability to store AdSense publisher credentials via the control panel is to be introduced before the end of March, 2010.

More...

mactel02-19-2010 12:04 PM

Of course, Google AdSense, is interesting.

But much more interesting, would be the adverts, that you create your self, and promote your own products and services, as well as the products and services of your advertising / directory-entry clients.
It would simply bring more revenue per advert.

ArrisDottel02-26-2010 08:32 PM

Selling your own advertising would definately bring in more revenues and is the long term aim - however Google adsense is great news - Perfect if your developing a number of tel directories, create a folder and make a little from adsense. It also seems likely that in the future, there could be competition to Google adsense which would keep Google on their toes in terms of products offering and prices paid to publishers.

If Google are able to track calls through adsense and publishers of tel directories can get paid on Click to call, it will be massive. I imagine huge revenues could be made from this channel. 

The publicity created would also be a huge boost for dot tel owners.

JLouisBiz02-26-2010 09:02 PM

It is just a joke. 

No way you can make some serious money on TEL domain with Google Adsense. TEL domains are not to come and browse, they are to come and contact you. One visit to TEL, another visit to COM or phone number.

People will not read TEL domains like they read COM content. There are no pictures, not much content, and loading is slow. 

Don't expect too much from Adsense, even with 3000 subdomains, as it all depends of YOU marketing YOUR asset, and not third parties.

dottel03-01-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 5909)
It is just a joke. 

No way you can make some serious money on TEL domain with Google Adsense. TEL domains are not to come and browse, they are to come and contact you. One visit to TEL, another visit to COM or phone number.

People will not read TEL domains like they read COM content. There are no pictures, not much content, and loading is slow. 

Don't expect too much from Adsense, even with 3000 subdomains, as it all depends of YOU marketing YOUR asset, and not third parties.

[size]

May not be a joke . But yes it depends on the marketing & also how they have developed their .tel.

Assuming 3000 domains are bought at $8.99 each.
Costing $26970

Assumption 1
3000 Domains earning $0.50 each per month..
So that comes to $1500 revenue per month
$1500 x 12 months = $18000

Investment $26970
Revenue $18000
--------------------------
Loss $8970

Assumption 2
3000 Domains earning $1 each per month..
So that comes to $3000 revenue per month
$3000 x 12 months = 36000

Investment $26970
Revenue $36000
Total Rev. $9030 (after renewal)

Assumption 3
3000 Domains earning $2 each per month..
So that comes to $6000 revenue per month
$6000 x 12 months = $72000

Investment $26970
Revenue $72000
Total Rev. $45030 (after renewal)

The above figures might seem very optimistic but if done rightly it's not impossible...
There are different streams of revenue model, so it is possible to earn…[/size]

JLouisBiz03-01-2010 11:16 AM

That is nice view point. I can assume it is doable, because some of my empty domains are making such small income. If domains are populated, why not, that can be a nice business model.

tony mayo03-01-2010 12:22 PM

That's more like.
I prefer to see the bottle half full rather than half empty! 
Let's all stay optimistic and our faith in .tel will be rewarded.

JLouisBiz03-01-2010 12:51 PM

The key to success of the above formula is content and search engine rankings, linking and so on. It does require hand work, and especially for 3,000 domains, that requires some nice organization and hand work.

I can imagine populating it with information from YouTube or other online indexes, as that could be fast. But still the formula does not come from real world work. It is yet assumption. Nice vision, I am for example able to make it reality, but I have numerous other websites and domains, and I have different viewpoint on that.

I am thinking on that, to provide a keyword and out of that keyword to have program invent synonyms and related keywords and based on that, to populate a TEL domain, or any other domain or database. For example, I provide keyword: financial and TEL domain could be populated by YouTube videos, RSS feeds, financial news and so on. So far I have all the tools required for that, and only keyword expansion I would have to solve. Hmm, nice problem.

That would be nice, right? You purchase a domain, put it int the database, and it starts populating with stuff from Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Scribd and other indexes, and you get 3,000 folders. 

How else are you supposed to make content for 3,000 domains? By hand? By employing people which cost much more than those 5 dollars per month? By hand there is no way that your time is worth only 5 dollars.

But still, it is questionable how much would such domain bring from Google Adsense. One of my websites has 20,000+ pages and generates 3 dollars in 5 months. Other website has one page and it is actually doing better than the 20,000 pages website. Why? I don't know. The last one is matching to people searching for the IP address, the first one matches to people searching for contracts. Search numbers are great, but low income from Adsense on the big website. Other website with 600 pages, make more income then 20,000 pages website.

The approach with volume of content on TEL domains, or other domains, in order to get few dollars per such domain, it is fine as long as the CONTENT CREATION does not take more time than those few dollars are worth. That is missing factor in the above formula.

I like the formula approach, as long as all factors are actually solved, in the real time.

Then for 3000 subdomains, it need a lot of work, but then again, as I have already discussed, there is no much sense in purchasing TEL domains for THIS formula:

Quote:

Assumption 3
3000 Domains earning $2 each per month..
So that comes to $6000 revenue per month
$6000 x 12 months = $72000

Investment $26970
Revenue $72000

[size]
Why? 

Because, of the limits. If anyone is creating automatically populated content, not mentioning hand work, you would get 3000 subfolders each occupying not more then 20 KB, actually 7 KB space, if it would be a real website. That is 60 MB, but not even that much. And you can simply purchase .INFO domains, which are 1.99 dollars or something, and create much more content, with multi media, images, videos, PDF files, and texts, links and references. Hosting is cheap, you can have few dollars hosting and host 3000 INFO domains, without limits. With some kind of database, you can spare the web hosting space easily. 

It is nice idea, and I am working on that already, but I have my viewpoint and I know which websites do give income and which not. The most income I get from website with original, self-created content, articles, HOW-TOs, and financial related stuff. Adsense is not my purpose, it only covers some yearly expenses, and that is nice.

But I have seen clients with Adsense, making 3000 dollars per month, on the gamer website, and such website is created by hand by several people, getting paid few hundred dollars per month.

Real work, real profits.

How is that achieved on TEL domain, I don't know, we will see.[/size]

mactel03-01-2010 02:08 PM

All the time and energy that a domainer needs to figure out, how he can get AdSense revenune from his online potential directories:

If he would go and use the same time and energy, and go a other direction than AdSense, and get to personally meet advertisers, who pay like between $80 and $250 per year for a advert space, than you could earn a lot more money on advertising within .tel, than with AdSense within .tel.

If you do not have a intersting site, you can neither be successful with AdSense, nor with adverts from your personal clients.

Now: How will you want to use your precious time, energy, resources:
For a secure and regular ads income, or for speculating on AdSense revenue?

JLouisBiz03-01-2010 02:33 PM

http://www.uxpe.com/images/1fa7ac8fa...b8b2d9934e.png

I am always for real world marketing. You can sell single page for US $200 per year. And you grow your real clients, connect to real people.

Adsense is good for many websites, but most websites don't make living out of their adsense. For Adsense good revenue, one has to be truly professional. But then you miss the real people and real world. Making content and earning on advertising is nice idea, I like that, but connecting it to real world really gives faster and more valuable results.

dottel03-01-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mactel (Post 5968)
All the time and energy that a domainer needs to figure out, how he can get AdSense revenune from his online potential directories:

If he would go and use the same time and energy, and go a other direction than AdSense, and get to personally meet advertisers, who pay like between $80 and $250 per year for a advert space, than you could earn a lot more money on advertising within .tel, than with AdSense within .tel.

If you do not have a intersting site, you can neither be successful with AdSense, nor with adverts from your personal clients.

Now: How will you want to use your precious time, energy, resources:
For a secure and regular ads income, or for speculating on AdSense revenue?

[size]
I am not sure if you have ever heard of MFA sites..(Made for adsense..) these were very popular around 2-3 years back..
buy cheap .info domains and use the software to build hundreds of sites with PLR articles in 1 or 2 hours..

Many have earned massive $$$-$$$$ per month and was profitable..
For those who dont know about these method or the softwares have no idea how easy it was and those who know have earned and made money..but with the Google punishing such sites it is no more a lucrative market..BUT still one can earn if they know how to get this work out for them..

So it would be just ignorance to say that earning from adsense is impossible..Like I said before there are many types of advertising models to generate revenue, but adsense is still one which should not be ignored..

Quote:
[/size]

Originally Posted by mactel (Post 5968)

[size]
Not necessarily true
Unless you site is performing (popular) well..no advertiser even bothered to think twice about your proposal "Advertising for $80 and $250"..

Direct deals workout only when you have a potential website with proven track record..[/size]

JLouisBiz03-01-2010 09:08 PM

http://www.uxpe.com/images/e3b10cc85...f0311481f1.png

Adsense is surely a way to earn money, but when we are speaking here about automatic content generation or generators of content, you said yourself, Google is punishing those websites. Not to wonder about. Such websites are not made for people and Google has a good intelligence to recognize what is for people and what was made for advertising only.

You speak about small percentage of website owners who knows how to make the things go right with Adsense, but majority of websites only "hope" and remain hoping for years, without real results.

I agree that Adsense is workable, but offline advertising is more workable. TEL domain is now the perfect domain for offline advertising, it simply catch new clients and it is an excellent excuse to gain access to many companies.

"Unless your site is performing popular..:" --- well what is popular is what you make popular. Things do not grow by themselves, popularity is creation and results from hard work. 

You can open up a website and wait for weeks, better months, to get it popular. For example, you could open up website about video entertainment and wait online to get people, it could take long time. Or short time, depending of your skills. But I think you need rather long time until you actually have 100 people per day on the website, actually watching videos.

But you could make local small marketing campaign, nothing big, simple flyers and mouth advertising. 500 flyers could make a big difference. You don't need to be smart to give out 500 flyers to people in Internet points, youth clubs, societies of all kinds, and you can achieve that 200 people have YOUR website as first website in their browser. I am speaking here about the real stuff which works and I have seen people actually changing their mind. Instead of Google they have a local directory of websites. What time do you need to distribute 500 fliers? Maybe few days. You can distribute it in 1 hour, or in few days. But you can get 200 people to have your page as home page and to make mouth advertising for you. That is valuable, that is working and that is proven. Such home page you can certainly sell for US $200 per month for advertising. Why? Maybe because all people in the city are using that page, and that was result of your advertising of few days.

I am speaking here of small business efforts which I have seen that they work.

It all depends again of efforts. But if you have never worked offline, how can you claim it? 

Offline promotion simply brings results, and that is how we improve our business. We send offline marketing for websites. We increase sales this way. 

Many online entrepreneurs forget about the real world and try to focus only online. How wrong. Wide range of people don't consider your business valuable, that is why they don't buy. But once you send them advertising directly into their post box, they have got a physical thing and they know you exist, and they are rather buying from you, then from the online-only company.

dottel03-01-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 5986)
Adsense is surely a way to earn money, but when we are speaking here about automatic content generation or generators of content, you said yourself, Google is punishing those websites. Not to wonder about. Such websites are not made for people and Google has a good intelligence to recognize what is for people and what was made for advertising only.

[size]
I said that because I have hands on experience and not talking something based on assumptions..
Ofcourse Google is a search engine which updates it's algo to better it's search results and filter out less quality content..

STILL today you can earn from network of sites..but with re-writing (not sure if you have heard of it..) PLR articles and ofcourse they work out well not just for earning but even for end users (to read)..

Quote:
[/size]

I agree that Adsense is workable, but offline advertising is more workable. TEL domain is now the perfect domain for offline advertising, it simply catch new clients and it is an excellent excuse to gain access to many companies.

[size]
So have you sold $80 and $250 each advertising slot?
.Tel is catchy for new end users to buy the domain..and the discussion here is about selling the advertising slots on the .tel domains that one owns..isn't it?

Quote:
[/size]

"Unless your site is performing popular..:" --- well what is popular is what you make popular. Things do not grow by themselves, popularity is creation and results from hard work.

[size]
I never said things grow by themselves..
You cannot sell your advertising slots unless you have a potential .tel which is performing well..
But with adsense..no matter how BIG or SMALL your site is..you still can EARN from it..

Quote:
[/size]

You can open up a website and wait for weeks, better months, to get it popular. For example, you could open up website about video entertainment and wait online to get people, it could take long time. Or short time, depending of your skills. But I think you need rather long time until you actually have 100 people per day on the website, actually watching videos.

But you could make local small marketing campaign, nothing big, simple flyers and mouth advertising. 500 flyers could make a big difference. You don't need to be smart to give out 500 flyers to people in Internet points, youth clubs, societies of all kinds, and you can achieve that 200 people have YOUR website as first website in their browser. I am speaking here about the real stuff which works and I have seen people actually changing their mind. Instead of Google they have a local directory of websites. What time do you need to distribute 500 fliers? Maybe few days. You can distribute it in 1 hour, or in few days. But you can get 200 people to have your page as home page and to make mouth advertising for you. That is valuable, that is working and that is proven. Such home page you can certainly sell for US $200 per month for advertising. Why? Maybe because all people in the city are using that page, and that was result of your advertising of few days.

[size]
He HE that is what I said "POPULAR/PERFORMING" and there are many ways to market a site, which is a different topic..
Unless you have a performing site no one will BUY an advertising slot..

You said yourself and your example clearly says that "Promote first, Get your site performing (traffic, get it known) then SELL"..

Quote:
[/size]

I am speaking here of small business efforts which I have seen that they work.

It all depends again of efforts. But if you have never worked offline, how can you claim it?

[size]
I am speaking about the possiblity of earning via adsense is easy and a better way to start with rather than trying to sell directly offline..
How many advertising slots have you sold till date on you .tels? what are the prices (if you dont mind)?

Quote:
[/size]

Offline promotion simply brings results, and that is how we improve our business. We send offline marketing for websites. We increase sales this way. 

Many online entrepreneurs forget about the real world and try to focus only online. How wrong. Wide range of people don't consider your business valuable, that is why they don't buy. But once you send them advertising directly into their post box, they have got a physical thing and they know you exist, and they are rather buying from you, then from the online-only company.

[size]
I have seen many offline campaigns failing..Nothing is a success unless done right..
Lastly the topic is about ads on mobile..earning potential via adsense and not about ways to promote your .tel..[/size]

ArrisDottel03-01-2010 10:16 PM

I Agree there needs to be a site with genuine content and useability before a worthy listing fee will be paid by an advertiser. The timing of offline marketing has to be correct. It's not a questoin of one type of marketing or the other. Once the domain is fully populated and indexed, it would then fair to ask for a sizeable listing fee and that would be the time to increase offline marketing.

I think Adsense will be welcomed by the majority of tel owners. There are bound to be some real winners.

Any thoughts on whether dot tel click to call will be incorporated into adsense?? 

JLouisBiz03-01-2010 10:43 PM

Hey, I sell companies, for fees of about US $1,500 up to US $5,000. Not advertising slots for US $100. But when someone make purchase with us, we offer them now advertising on Internet, included, not as separate stuff.

I understand your viewpoint on Adsense, it is good and so on, but I was thinking like that before several years, now I don't find Adsense affordable enough. I might remove it from web pages soon.

I can make money by making some real advertising, referring to other websites which give me real commission for their book sales and similar. More money in it then in adsense.

Topic or not, promotion is much connected with Adsense.

And just few make real money on adsense, others are cheap source of profits for Google. Not themselves.
Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Re: Google Ads on Mobiles

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 12:51 pm

dottel03-02-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 5990)
Hey, I sell companies, for fees of about US $1,500 up to US $5,000. Not advertising slots for US $100. But when someone make purchase with us, we offer them now advertising on Internet, included, not as separate stuff.

[size]
Hey that does not matter here..cause the question is how feasible is to earn via adsense..not based on assumptions..
It does not matter if you flip a website/business for $1500 or $5000
The question is how successful are you in selling an advertising slot directly to a local advertiser without getting your site performing (popular/traffic/known) well?

If you have ever tried to sell it you will know it..unless one has a potential site that works well in that niche nobody would even think once in purchasing a slot..

Quote:
[/size]

I understand your viewpoint on Adsense, it is good and so on, but I was thinking like that before several years, now I don't find Adsense affordable enough. I might remove it from web pages soon.

[size]
So you accept that you were unsuccessful with adsense..and you also agree that you have not sold any advertising slots directly which you are suggesting to others..
I have tried both methods for years and based on my hands on experiences I would suggest any member to start with adsense or similar ..when they are comfortable or when they think their website is performing well in it's niche then they can start trying out for local advertisers to sell their available advert slots..

Quote:
[/size]

I can make money by making some real advertising, referring to other websites which give me real commission for their book sales and similar. More money in it then in adsense.

[size]
Thats called "AFFILIATE MARKETING" and this requires promotion..
No matter how you want to earn your website requires minimal traffic that converts well to get you those $-$$ or $$$.
If your site does not get that traffic which converts well then you need to promote it well..
So the bottom line is to earn real money you need a good domain, good value content (to attract returning visitors), promotion that works for you and you site..

Quote:
[/size]

Topic or not, promotion is much connected with Adsense.

[size]
Wrong, there are adsense ads for parked domains too.. you cannot find an advertiser locally to buy an advert slot for $$-$$$ on a parked domain but you can place an advert (adsense for parked domains) right aways and see if it works out..it is proven that people earn even in this method..

Quote:
[/size]

And just few make real money on adsense

[size]
Not necessarily true because if you have a website that does not even earn $0.50 from adsense or similar network then how can you assume that others should pay you $$-$$$ to get listed on your site? 

So it all matters on the site, it's content, conversion rate and not as "you cannot earn real money with adsense" but where as you can "earn real money from local advertisers for sure"..[/size]

JLouisBiz03-02-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

The question is how successful are you in selling an advertising slot directly to a local advertiser without getting your site performing (popular/traffic/known) well?

[size]
I have sent my employee outside to do the work with real people, with marketing material which I gave him. It is very similar like the approach here:
http://www.teldomaintel.com/tel-doma...el-domain.html

And yes, he could get several clients with year by year payments not only for advertising, which would be simply waste of time to offer someone only advertising, but clients in need of advertising "slots" (you said it), and website and video recording and business cards and intermediary services for trade of their stuff. Bunch of products and services, all sold by using TEL domain gimmick.

I am salesman and I am selling numerous stuff since years. And I am telling you founded stuff. Don't depend of online sales only. Many online entrepreneurs start to think of them as "wizards" of online marketing, praise too much, but they could sell it probably easier to the grandma of the next house.

TEL domain is for example perfect for local advertising. Take a city without advertising, small classifieds, register TEL domain, and collect some 500 items for sale, put them into TEL domain and then tell to everybody, if they wanna buy/sell something, connect to my TEL domain, pay US $50 for the year long advertising. Gain 500 customers like that, and you have your small business running.

Marketing works for anything. TEL domains, books, masks, costumes, anything. 

Quote:
[/size]

So you accept that you were unsuccessful with adsense..and you also agree that you have not sold any advertising slots directly which you are suggesting to others..

[size]
Absolutely not true. 

First of all, my Adsense earnings are nothing in comparison of real sales. Don't sort me into the "online only" business, we sell stuff, physical goods and services, we deliver by courier, in most cases customers get something into their hands. I would not change that for Adsense, and Adsense is not something to rely upon. 

If I wish to sell advertising only, I would sell my own way, and I would have my own database of clients and would sell repeatably. Adsense gives you no clients, you don't build your business on future, and you rely on Google. Wrong dependency.

Quote:
[/size]

No matter how you want to earn your website requires minimal traffic that converts well to get you those $-$$ or $$$.

[size]
Only, if you work online-only. It does not matter if your website is visited or not, if you do real world marketing. You can have ZERO visits per month, but then you do simple offline marketing and those visitors are converted to buyers. It does not take much skill to write a sales letter and inform target public that you have to offer them same quality, more value, for better price. 

What you are speaking about, affiliate systems, that existed since the ages of the mankind. Intermediary people always assisted ware owner to sell it or to find a buyer, and commissions and various awards were paying out for ages. Affiliate system online is just systematic approach to gaining and using middleman in selling or marketing.

I know of many websites which are hard to find on Internet, but people offer their ware produced in their factory. Nobody reads those websites, they are not even indexed. But on the other place of Earth, someone really likes that ware, and is buying from that website. That is the real world. Such website need not have visitors.

It is completely wrong approach when you start thinking of "number of visitors", to generalize the value of the website or to be able to sell at all.

The number of visitors means nothing. You need target public. Target audience.

And you can easily enter into the market of target audience, by sending them offline advertising or visiting them.[/size]

JLouisBiz03-02-2010 01:23 PM

A website for deaf people, offering them chat communication translated into sound communication, with secretary in background doing the speech for deaf person, that website is best sold where? Online? WRONG! You simply come to the club of deaf people and tell them what is the website about.Distribute your flyers, and there you have it, 10 happy customers, paying for your communication services over and over again. 10 visitors, 10 customers.

You can spend months achieving number of visitors on the website, or you can spend days in getting target audience to buy your products and services.

If you ask me, anyone limiting himself to Adsense only is not doing much worth to other people, as there is no real value given. Baker gives you bread, he gives you real value. He will know you, he will bind you as client and work with you for years. Business is his own.

Adsense advertiser, gives you what? Nothing. Someone will click on the link, but he would click on many links, there is no perceived value, you have not get any client, you don't build your future, and you rely upon Google.

Quote:

So the bottom line is to earn real money you need a good domain, good value content (to attract returning visitors), promotion that works for you and you site..

[size]
Only if you have limited perception of the real world trade and provision of services.

Quote:
[/size]

Not necessarily true because if you have a website that does not even earn $0.50 from adsense or similar network then how can you assume that others should pay you $$-$$$ to get listed on your site?

[size]
Sorry, but that is not true. Adsense tells nothing about your website. If you based value of the website on Adsense, you are alone in the online world. You don't get real people to tell you that your stuff is good, you have got only Adsense and you start degrading yourself by watching how little you earn. Pathetic. 

We bind clients to us, we promote our clients, we help them do better business. When I get messages like that everyday and people asking me for help every single day, I am really satisfied and I know I have given value to those people and I bind clients for my future and future of my kids.

That is real estate of the Internet.[/size]

dottel03-02-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 6008)
I have sent my employee outside to do the work with real people, with marketing material which I gave him. It is very similar like the approach here:
http://www.teldomaintel.com/tel-doma...el-domain.html

And yes, he could get several clients with year by year payments not only for advertising, which would be simply waste of time to offer someone only advertising, but clients in need of advertising "slots" (you said it), and website and video recording and business cards and intermediary services for trade of their stuff. Bunch of products and services, all sold by using TEL domain gimmick.

I am salesman and I am selling numerous stuff since years. And I am telling you founded stuff. Don't depend of online sales only. Many online entrepreneurs start to think of them as "wizards" of online marketing, praise too much, but they could sell it probably easier to the grandma of the next house.

TEL domain is for example perfect for local advertising. Take a city without advertising, small classifieds, register TEL domain, and collect some 500 items for sale, put them into TEL domain and then tell to everybody, if they wanna buy/sell something, connect to my TEL domain, pay US $50 for the year long advertising. Gain 500 customers like that, and you have your small business running.

[size]
Ofcourse majority of the companies have sales people (offline and or online)..
The question here is what is earnings possible via adsense or similar network and for majority it is feasible..

Also In one post you say
"I sell business for $$$$ and dont sell ads for $$$"
then again in another reply you say 
"I have sent employee to sell..i myself marketer sold many adverts.."

Quote:
[/size]

Marketing works for anything. TEL domains, books, masks, costumes, anything.

[size]
Ofcourse it marketing work but only when it's done right, it's nothing new and No one has said that it did not work..

Quote:
[/size]

Absolutely not true. 
First of all, my Adsense earnings are nothing in comparison of real sales. Don't sort me into the "online only" business, we sell stuff, physical goods and services, we deliver by courier, in most cases customers get something into their hands. I would not change that for Adsense, and Adsense is not something to rely upon.

[size]
Firstly, of all I am not sorting you in to anything. I am replying based on your comments..
Secondly, Finding an offline advertiser to sell your advert slots works out easily only when you have potential site or a potential site that is performing well..
It would be hard to find advertisers to sell your site ads slots..
You will struggle to sell your just launched 10 sites to local advertisers..
but you readily can place adverts via adsense or similar sort..[/size]

dottel03-02-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

If I wish to sell advertising only, I would sell my own way, and I would have my own database of clients and would sell repeatably. Adsense gives you no clients, you don't build your business on future, and you rely on Google. Wrong dependency.

[size]
Again and again this thread is to discuss about the earning potential via adsense or similar network and nothing to do with "I can sell to my existing clients.."Everyone knows that one can possibly sell to their existing clients (if at all they have)..

In the post here http://www.telnic.org/forum/showpost...6&postcount=17
"You speak about small percentage of website owners who knows how to make the things go right with Adsense, but majority of websites only "hope" and remain hoping for years, without real results."

So how many of these so called majority of website owners have existing customer base to sell them ?

Quote:
[/size]

What you are speaking about, affiliate systems, that existed since the ages of the mankind. Intermediary people always assisted ware owner to sell it or to find a buyer, and commissions and various awards were paying out for ages. Affiliate system online is just systematic approach to gaining and using middleman in selling or marketing.

I know of many websites which are hard to find on Internet, but people offer their ware produced in their factory. Nobody reads those websites, they are not even indexed. But on the other place of Earth, someone really likes that ware, and is buying from that website. That is the real world. Such website need not have visitors.

It is completely wrong approach when you start thinking of "number of visitors", to generalize the value of the website or to be able to sell at all.

The number of visitors means nothing. You need target public. Target audience.

[size]
Ooooo what are you speaking?
can you give me the reference where I said exactly the "number of visitors"?

I have used "traffic which converts" this happens only when the traffic is relevant or targeted...

Back to the question..
Is it feasible to earn money via adsense? the answer is yes without any doubt which is proven since years..
The question is not about whether or not you can earn from offline sales..[/size]

dottel03-02-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 6009)
If you ask me, anyone limiting himself to Adsense only is not doing much worth to other people, as there is no real value given. Baker gives you bread, he gives you real value. He will know you, he will bind you as client and work with you for years. Business is his own.

[size]
Ha ha ha..
Can you refer me to the comment/post where I said to limit yourself to Adsense?
I clearly said “promotion that works for you and you site...” 

Quote:
[/size]

Only if you have limited perception of the real world trade and provision of services

[size]
Well I do not sell using some gimmicks to my existing customers nor I deal with such novice customers who are ready to get cheated by paying for a just launched sites..

Quote:
[/size]

Sorry, but that is not true. Adsense tells nothing about your website. If you based value of the website on Adsense, you are alone in the online world. 

[size]
That is real estate of the Internet.[/QUOTE]
LOL I never said adsense will tell you something about your site..
I see that you miss my point.
It is simple if a site cant earn from online advertising revenue models (could be any means) then how come someone would be interested to advertise their site on such silly poor performing website..

Companies buy advertising to increase brand, awareness, exposure, clicks, and conversions.[/size]

JLouisBiz03-02-2010 02:32 PM

No nead for heating.

You are in the category of online earning, and certainly you have skills to develop it.

I am in the category of providing services to people, and I use all kinds of marketing.

We also sell advertising, but that is not sold as "advertising" but rather under business packages. When someone gets a service, they get additionally advertising, that is included. 

From time to time there are always people inquiring for advertising only, but that is not main sale.

Let me summarize: Adsense is not for everyone and claim that Adsense could bring money to everyone is absolutely false.

How about reading from the Internet Dot Com Mogul:
7 Reasons Why Google AdSense absorbs

JLouisBiz03-02-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 6013)
It is simple if a site cant earn from online advertising revenue models (could be any means) then how come someone would be interested to advertise their site on such silly poor performing website.

[size]
Simple fact that you market your website offline is speaking about the true website in the real world. If you come with marketing material of empty new website, into someone's business, you are DEMONSTRATING that you are marketing your website. Smart business owner recognizes that, and that is the VALUE you are giving. You come, you market, you will also market his website in the same manner.

I am 100% sure, first to have used TEL domain on postcards in several countries. Well, not UK or US, but few other countries. Further, I am actually doing what I am saying, we do offline advertising and we acquire clients, you get enough business to be able to forget about the online stuff. You get to work.

"Performance" is just one factor, and cannot be applied nor measured in the same manner for every business and every website. Numerous companies do not have any own website, but place their products on Alibaba, and they sell on Alibaba so much stuff. They do advertise online, but place right thing for right people. Right target people come to see their products. Such website-less company, could open up a website tomorrow, and have just those 10 visitors, and out of 10, probably few would be buying. That is value for the company. Targeted audience buying.

Or, you can have bunch of websites which don't sell stuff and services, but have visitors. That is where advertising matters, advertising brings profits.

But to say that everyone is able to earn money on Adsense, or to say that TEL will actually give back to the owner, that is really too unrealistic. 

I understand your viewpoint, and I was leading myself in the beginning on that viewpoint. But it is deceiving and I would not like deceiving my clients into believing of the online only advertising. We offer them postcards, marketing material, important business tips, database of business contacts, we work rather like a chamber of commerce for them. Yes, Internet is one part of that, but not most important part.

Look at TELNIC, bunch of marketing stuff done in the real world. Using OTHER media then Internet is what makes every website, even the worst one more successful. I have seen such websites. Bad design, simple directory, but making offline advertising and it works.

And that is my point. Online advertising is good, but don't stay in one marketing media. Use all media and advertising methods which work.

Vision about the easy online business is far far from the reality. Many attempts, few actually do. It is not for everybody.

Well, I was paying 300-400 dollars for Adwords, and it did work, I could actually increase sales. Advertising does work. But it all depends where, how much, how, to whom.

But what works much better then spending 400 dollars on Adsense, is simply consulting, binding people, talking, making own advertising network. I don't need third parties, I can have my own network of website and advertise there. Works like a charm.

Anyway, I made more money on simple question answering, rather then on paying advertising.

Since I have developed Dot Tel Ad Management system, I can turn around the situation of many of our websites, by simply placing keyword based advertising on TELs which are relevant to the business. Even if not relevant, people do read them and come to buy a service.

But then again, I look into that more globally, I don't need TEL to create those advertising effects, I can put structured information on cheapest .INFO domain.

TEL is nice gimmick though. It is unique domain, because you NEED IT OFFLINE. You need contact information, and you give out your TEL to clients OFFLINE in the form of business card, postcard, letter marketing, flyer -- TEL is the point of contact. 

You do need TEL offline, on many places. COM you don't need offline. It is assumed you have phone number, you read phone number on the plate, window, etc. But COM you read on Internet.

TEL is to be given like a phone number. Offline. Displayed. It will be in the phone books. It will be used just as phone number. 

Once you see TEL everywhere offline, being marketed offline, you will see how COM/NET/ORG also follows, because many website owners forget about offline marketing.

Many have never done or promoted offline.[/size]

dottel03-02-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 6014)
No nead for heating.

[size]
Now where did that come from?

Quote:
[/size]

You are in the category of online earning, and certainly you have skills to develop it.

I am in the category of providing services to people, and I use all kinds of marketing.

[size]
Well did I say I am in "online earnings" only category? he he 
reference please..
Plz refrain from putting words in my mouth that has not come from me..

Quote:
[/size]

Let me summarize: Adsense is not for everyone and claim that Adsense could bring money to everyone is absolutely false.

[size]
Let me super summarize it: Nothing is for everyone..as I have saying all through this thread it depends on success depends on individual efforts and not a default thing that everyone can get..Thinking Offline sales is the only mantra for everyone is absolutely pathetic and is just false..

Quote:
[/size]

How about reading from the Internet Dot Com Mogul:
7 Reasons Why Google AdSense absorbs

[size]
So? what's the point?
John himself owns advertising networks http://www.ttzmedia.com/ so?

Everything has it's pros and cons..

it's hilarious now.. It's like twitter absorbs http://www.slideshare.net/henricodol...-twitter-absorbs (i know twitter is different subject but using as example)..that does not mean twitter is a joke..it is being used by many marketers successfully.. So nothing is a default path to success..

Believing/Advising only offline sales get real money is just wrong.

by the way the remaining 93 points tell Adsense (or similar online revenue model) Rocks..

The bottom line is..
"Is using Adsense a joke?"
The answer is No it is not..you can earn from Adsense or any other channel as long as you do it right..
[/size]

Current date/time is Sat 23 Sep 2017, 1:35 am