WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

new template on an iphone

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 12:56 pm

dotteler03-09-2010 05:40 PM

One thing to remember when we critique the new theme for .tel: what does it look like on the actual device people use to access the .tel site?
Here is one of mine on iphone: The body of the .tel will display, not the right sidebar.
The 100% / fluid size is appropriate on device viewing.
How the .tel looks online or in a browser on a desktop should not be what we use to base the design of the .tel on. Of course any web served website will look like anything you want it to and not have any restrictions.
We need to remember that the power of .tel as a resource locator with greater speed and mobility than anything else is our sales benefit. The world is becoming mobile ready. .tel is the trojan horse that will glue them all together.
http://theteloffice.com/images/telwide.jpg

dotteler03-09-2010 05:47 PM

A fluid template would work best: here, the viewer doesn't see all of the input text in this orientation.
If the template was fluid to the size of the browser, the text would be visible without scrolling. This is the most important thing, imho, that the .tel theme should accomplish.
http://theteloffice.com/images/telltall.jpg

dialaroom03-09-2010 06:03 PM

Good post dotteler, the main usp of .tel is how it appears on mobile phones, pda, or small internet connected devices. What's annoying is that on old mobiles, and I have tested nine. That is mobiles where the icons are removed for data display purposes. It now shows the word Icon and it's URL. It's making me think twice about adding a logo. If you have to scroll past a link to the image. At least the image is hosted on my site, just think of how many links are going to show for gravatar, if your using that. 

If the dns can recognise that the phone doesn't need the icons to show, I hoped it might also not display the image logo link. 
Question for Telnic, do we have to have the logo/image url showing, when none of the otther icons show?
http://dialaroomdottel.co.uk/images/cybershot.png

tel4rent03-09-2010 06:43 PM

dotteler and dialaroom! that's what i call a productive thread. Thank you for keeping us informed about your testing and most importantly sharing the results. I hope we can keep it that way here. And may be rename this threat to reflect "how dot tel look on mobile phone - testing ground"

Will carry some testing myself on my nokia E61i
Many thanks!

Be well.

meanieme03-09-2010 08:38 PM

I thought the previous .tel layout never had text running off the screen on the phone phone. It would always resize to fit into your screen.

Current date/time is Sat 18 Nov 2017, 4:17 pm