WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

This is how we should do it

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 1:02 pm

marimax03-11-2010 12:01 AM

Lowell.com Sponsors the Lowell Spinners
Last weekend my wife, some friends, some family and I went to the Lowell Spinners (Boston Red Sox minor league team) baseball game, as Lowell.com sponsored the Spinners vs. the Brooklyn Cyclones (NY Mets minor league team). I wanted to share this experience (at Chef Patrick’s suggestion) to illustrate how online Internet marketing can lead to offline marketing opportunities.

During the summer, the Lowell Spinners are one of the most popular activities in Lowell. For the past 10 years, the Spinners have sold out every single home game. Lowell.com provides advertising for the Spinners on site, and we also write news articles, such as the one that was written when the Spinners streak was in jeopardy earlier this season.

I was given tickets to last Sunday’s game, and I was able to invite a number of friends and family to watch the game. Additionally, I offered some of the tickets on Facebook and Twiiter, as well as to a local elementary school principal. The objective was to make people aware of Lowell.com at the game, just as Lowell.com helps make people more aware of the Spinners, their games, and their special promotions. During the game, the public address announcer mentioned that the media sponsor was Lowell.com, and it was a fun experience (I love baseball and the Red Sox).

There is much more to geodomain names than simply building a website and hoping advertisers want to buy space on the site. Owners need to become a part of the community and support local events and organizations. To some, a geodomain name is just a domain name, but to the people who type-in that geodomain name, it is a valuable resource.

Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 10:50 pm