WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Keep asking...: "What's your .Tel?"...

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 1:14 pm

mactel04-11-2010 11:58 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0CwEMUJ8Ow...telmaneken.jpg

Just keep on asking people, what their .tel is: Sooner or later, they will get one...

.http://telhosting.1api.net/g2/shared...ogo-telnic.gif

telrific04-12-2010 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mactel (Post 7936)
Just keep on asking people, what their .tel is: Sooner or later, they will get one...

[size]
I have people ask me for my information and I just tell them:

"I'm in telpages, find it there."

If they have to use it to find me, they'll get in their head.[/size]

JLouisBiz04-12-2010 07:20 AM

The approach is right. Tell people about TEL and they will adopt it as well.

But for God's sake, tell them your phone number when they ask for it.

mactel04-12-2010 11:33 AM

Yes, I agree. Nevertheless, not having a own .tel, people can have the .tel experience, by using other .tel for exchanging contact information.

Like in the manner described, respectively, in this way:

"Oh, you haven't a .tel!?...: But you can have mine: It is mycompany.tel, and works also from any mobile device."
Let us further assume, that the user likes, what he sees and uses, and would like to register his own .tel, and that he finds a (pop up) box on most .tel like:

http://www.webnames.ca/images/wn4/tel_mini_search.jpg

Or like this one:
http://www.aboutdottel.com/wp-conten...gister_box.png

Or like:
http://www.one-sanfrancisco.com/wp-c...age_search.gif
http://telhosting.1api.net/g2/shared...ogo-telnic.gif

telrific04-12-2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLouisBiz (Post 7942)
... But for God's sake, tell them your phone number when they ask for it.

[size]
Nope.

Look in TelPages if you need something, I'm tired of repeating it.

:)[/size]

mactel04-12-2010 04:57 PM

The idea is:
You assume, that the person has no .tel.
Nevertheless, you ask him for his (non existing) .tel: "Hi, what's your .Tel?"
People who have no .tel, but always get asked about their (non existing) .tel, will find it easyer to get a .tel and then to be able to show, that they are up to date, and "in".
Because having to reply 100 times, with "sorry, I have no .tel", and feeling somehow outdated and silly, is harder to take, than to be able to look cool, and giving a positive answer: "Sure: My .tel is Profitablebusiness.tel, cheers, mate.".

A further step will be to educate businesses....

The result might be:

A customer asks a company for their:
- Email address, or
- Phone number or
- Business address
- Other info about the company

And the company just replies each time:

"Youl find it at Profitablebusiness.tel".
Or:
"You find all inf on:
Profitablebusiness.tel".
Further comments:
Quote "Dubdubdubdot" (NamePros):
("But yes, I think celebrity use of .tel is going to be 110% necessary. This is at its heart a social networking platform that isn't free. No matter how cool Telnic makes it (the redesigned templates were a step forward), there needs to be a social pressure for people to buy into it.)

For .tel to reach the levels that supporters hope it will, it needs to be at the point where people fear being asked what their .tel is and not having one."

nadya04-12-2010 08:11 PM

Personally, I can't remember my mobile number, and other details are tedious to keep repeating. Whenever I book something over the phone these days, I ask the clerk if they have internet access, and if they do ask that they go to Nadya.tel for everything they need. Very often, the person on the other end of the line has a computer app where they input data, so .tel saves a lot of time and misspells.

Bunjie04-12-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 7982)
Personally, I can't remember my mobile number, and other details are tedious to keep repeating. Whenever I book something over the phone these days, I ask the clerk if they have internet access, and if they do ask that they go to Nadya.tel for everything they need. Very often, the person on the other end of the line has a computer app where they input data, so .tel saves a lot of time and misspells.

[size]
I used to have to login to my Just-eat take away account just to get my mobile number :p[/size]

JLouisBiz04-12-2010 10:31 PM

Nadya, sorry to bother, but I cannot eat that you don't remember your cell phone number.

OK, let us make a marketing action:

1. Forget your mobile number;
2. Remember your TEL and remember to give it to everyone;

nadya04-13-2010 09:56 AM

JLouis - well, that's the sad truth, I don't - because I never call my own cell, and hardly ever give the number away. It's a pay-as-you-go number, and I change to different SIMs when I travel. Anyhow, your marketing action sounds good too.

dottel04-14-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadya (Post 7994)
JLouis - well, that's the sad truth, I don't - because I never call my own cell, and hardly ever give the number away. It's a pay-as-you-go number, and I change to different SIMs when I travel. Anyhow, your marketing action sounds good too.

[size]
I agree to that
Happens to me alot of time
Particularly when you have more than 2 or 3 mobiles
[/size]

Current date/time is Thu 21 Sep 2017, 3:08 am