WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Google Alerts?

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Google Alerts?

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 1:50 pm

Cees08-13-2010 08:52 AM

Google Alerts?

Does anyone have any experience or exposure to Google alerts, it looks interesting.
http://www.google.com/alerts

dottel.net08-13-2010 10:02 AM

we use it all the time - does provide some 'noise' but generally a great way to follow 'news' on a topic, keyword or company.

Cees08-13-2010 10:17 AM

Hi dottel.net
This is the first time I've seen it, I signed up and received an "alert" within 5 minutes thus it would appear on the basis of that very short trial one could expect a fair bit of noise.
For fear of sounding dumb, is it possible to use the "alerts" to update info on your .tels

dottel.net08-13-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 10533)
Hi dottel.net
This is the first time I've seen it, I signed up and received an "alert" within 5 minutes thus it would appear on the basis of that very short trial one could expect a fair bit of noise.
For fear of sounding dumb, is it possible to use the "alerts" to update info on your .tels

[size]
you can set it up to do a daily digest vs send an alert every time.

if you wanted to publish alerts to a tel you'd need some kind of api access to the alerts (there probably is one provided by google) or programmatic access to your email (where the alert is sent) and then a script to populate your tel.[/size]

Current date/time is Fri 22 Sep 2017, 1:12 pm