WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

1 & 2 letter dot tels...

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

1 & 2 letter dot tels...

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 1:52 pm

dottel.net08-12-2010 10:15 AM

1 & 2 letter dot tels...

Interesting news - Telnic have requested permission to allow 1 & 2 letter dottel registrations:

http://www.icann.org/en/registries/r...11aug10-en.pdf

I think this is a very good move and hopefully should bring some added exposure to dottel..

mikeseaton08-12-2010 05:15 PM

That's a great bit of news - I hope it gets accepted.

A premium auction of desirable 1 & 2 letter Dot Tels would enhance the visibility of Dot Tel - it worked for Dot Co with names such as http://www.e.co

Mike Seaton

smart08-13-2010 03:27 PM

Although this could be helpful, dont think its "great news" just yet,,, at the end of the day you're still talking about the same audience who will be attracted, domainers and domain investors, and these are already welll invested into .tel, so they might just dip their toes and snap a few names,,

In other words average joe bloggs on the street isn't aware of ABC.tel so introduction of AB.tel wouldn't make him aware either !!l

dotteler08-13-2010 05:59 PM

Since there isn't a url shortening capability with the 1 and 2 letter names they're really not any more valuable than the rest.

mikeseaton08-13-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smart (Post 10544)
Although this could be helpful, dont think its "great news" just yet,,, at the end of the day you're still talking about the same audience who will be attracted, domainers and domain investors, and these are already welll invested into .tel, so they might just dip their toes and snap a few names,,

In other words average joe bloggs on the street isn't aware of ABC.tel so introduction of AB.tel wouldn't make him aware either !!l

[size]
Whenever a domain extension has a premium auction targetted at 1 or 2 letter domains, which have not been previously released for sale, there is a large amount of press about it - additionally one of the major auction houses such as Sedo would usually handle it.

If this happened this would equate to a large amount of free publicity for the Dot Tel extension, as well as helping Telnic's coffers fill up from the sale proceeds.

The education of Joe Bloggs about Dot Tel is a much bigger issue - I'd love to see Telnic Get a Major Telco to include a Dot Tel F.O.C. - but free publicity and more revenue for Telnic to use on marketing - sounds great news to me!

Mike Seaton[/size]

dotteler08-13-2010 08:46 PM

I hate to admit that I don't believe a $1,000,000 advertising blitz would make much dent in sales.
Hate to be so pessimistic, but after every attempt I've made to work with .tel has fallen short I guess that's what's left.

Cees08-13-2010 09:50 PM

If corresponding country codes are reserved there will be about 430 two letter combo's left according to my calculations.

tindaya08-16-2010 08:51 AM

good news!
The important it´s little by little, it´s better.

libros caleruega

Current date/time is Wed 20 Sep 2017, 3:45 am