WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Telnic Blog

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Telnic Blog

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 1:57 pm

Triton NW08-03-2010 01:21 AM

Telnic Blog

Hello Telnic
I have been going to the Telnic blog every other day for the last 2 months and there has not been a post since June 4. It gets a little tough to drink the .tel Kool-aid when there is nothing interesting enough happening in 60 days to even generate a blog post. Something, anything?

Bunjie08-03-2010 02:25 AM

Some news or something would go down nice, perhaps Justin went to some mobile phone development/promotional conference?

If not perhaps you could ship Justin off to the new Russian silicon valley they are making, and speak with some of those Russian start up firms engaging in mobile telecommunications. I'm sure that would be something to read about if they have anything or any interest in .tel as part of their platform.

Heck ship him off to the north pole and science.tel can let him put up a promotional live recorded pod cast link with a bunch of scientists using .tel. http://psc.apl.washington.edu/northpole/

Triton NW08-18-2010 06:18 PM

The silence is getting to be a bit old. Telnic, can you throw us a little bit of a bone here. We are all grasping at straws as to what to do and where to go next. I personally have a bunch of names coming up for renewal and have no idea what to do. Cancel and move on to .co or something or renew and cross my fingers not knowing what is coming down the road.

Bunjie08-19-2010 04:00 AM

Remember someone asking Telnic for 1-2 character domain names?

http://domainnamewire.com/2010/08/11...-domain-names/

Why am I see this here but not in the Telnic blog or the forum?

Anyway if what I read is how I understand it, good for Telnic they need my.tel

Russia Today rt.tel

Justin Hayward08-19-2010 07:43 AM

Hi Bunjie,

We haven't announced anything as we haven't heard anything from ICANN yet. When we do, we will.

Additionally, some two-letter domains are going to be reserved as they are country codes and these cannot be released without the approval of that country code registry operator. Unfortunately, my.tel falls into that category.

Thanks,

Justin

Bunjie08-19-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Hayward (Post 10641)
Hi Bunjie,

We haven't announced anything as we haven't heard anything from ICANN yet. When we do, we will.

Additionally, some two-letter domains are going to be reserved as they are country codes and these cannot be released without the approval of that country code registry operator. Unfortunately, my.tel falls into that category.

Thanks,

Justin

[size]
I never heard of .my, that's extremely odd as I knew of no country that is "my" unless we're doing puns of "my country" but now I checked Google I see it's Malaysia, so I guess now we just need to convince Malaysia to pick another country code and we're all set. lol

But technically your saying we just need permission? I think Telnic should approach them because my.tel is really the brand, would a bunch of Telnic user signatures help?[/size]

Bunjie08-19-2010 01:10 PM

domain: MY http://tld.io/malaysia/tld/my.php

organisation: MYNIC Berhad
address: Level 3, Block C,
address: Mines Waterfront Business Park,
address: 3, Jalan Tasik, Mines Resort City
address: Seri Kembangan Selangor 43300
address: Malaysia

name: Shariya Haniz Zulkifli, Director
organisation: MYNIC Berhad
address: Level 3, Block C,
address: Mines Waterfront Business Park,
address: 3, Jalan Tasik, Mines Resort City
address: Seri Kembangan Selangor 43300
address: Malaysia
phone: +603 8943 5510
fax-no: +603 8943 5520
e-mail: dnsadmin@domainregistry.my

At least the .my nic admins would have the necessary contacts to apply for permission.

Min. of Information, Communication, Arts, & Culture RAIS Yatim

http://www.infoplease.com/world/leaders/malaysia.html

Unfortunately he don't like twitter/Facebook according to this blog:

Quote:

If you are a Malaysian (especially if you're Muslim), Information Minister Datuk Seri Dr Rais Yatim has some advice for you: stay off Facebook/Twitter! The Internet is a form of business introduced by the West! Budaya kuning! EEEE! [The Star]

[size]
That can't be right?

http://www.klue.com.my/articles/2694...Wars-in-the-US

The official gov site? or a "party" website.

https://twitter.com/ppporgmy http://www.ppp.org.my/malaysia/index...upreme-council[/size]

Justin Hayward08-19-2010 01:23 PM

Bunjie I paraphrased for simplicity here. It's not as simple as that unfortunately.

Cees08-19-2010 08:34 PM

http://www.infoplease.com/world/leaders/malaysia.html

Unfortunately he don't like twitter/Facebook according to this blog:

That may actually be a good reason in this case for my.tel

Triton NW08-24-2010 12:10 AM

Well here is one you don’t hear every day.

Dear Nadya, Aled or whomever has control of the forum, 
Please accept this as my request to be banned. I just recently determined that I have logged onto this forum well over 1,000 times. I obviously can not self regulate so I need to be banned immediately. This has been the most unbelievable waste of time and money imaginable for me. As the pixie dust wears off, I actually feel pretty stupid. I am not saying that it is the same for all of you but that was my experience. If you have a heart, please ban me so I can move on. I am hoping that this request will be enough and I will not need to log back on and drop a truckload of "F Bombs" to get banned. Best of luck to all of you. I know you have worked very hard at this but it is just not my cup of tea. Good luck, good night and good.tel

Bunjie08-24-2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Triton NW (Post 10727)
Well here is one you don’t hear every day.

Dear Nadya, Aled or whomever has control of the forum, 
Please accept this as my request to be banned. I just recently determined that I have logged onto this forum well over 1,000 times. I obviously can not self regulate so I need to be banned immediately. This has been the most unbelievable waste of time and money imaginable for me. As the pixie dust wears off, I actually feel pretty stupid. I am not saying that it is the same for all of you but that was my experience. If you have a heart, please ban me so I can move on. I am hoping that this request will be enough and I will not need to log back on and drop a truckload of "F Bombs" to get banned. Best of luck to all of you. I know you have worked very hard at this but it is just not my cup of tea. Good luck, good night and good.tel

[size]
Your not the only one addicted to semi-pointless stuff, check out Facebook how many can't stop playing the games? I too can't stop coming here as well, I seem to be hoping the next update might bring something even cooler that might push the mobile web forward.

Oh and the fact I practically have my entire life invested in a virtual world, who makes the most abominable decisions like moveing over to Facebook, so perhaps we need a Telnic detox.

It would not be as bad if we actually had something to do here....

But then is this not a test of the survival of the fittest? is it not better to push through this pain that we suffer and should still believe in .tel? Telnic has plenty it can do or could do and it still gives me hope to stay.

Is the world really any better out there than being in here with us? it's going to hell and the economy is ruined, and who knows whats round the corner.

People are still developing Tech even in such an economic climate, one new product could change everything like Iphone did, sorry to see you go take care.[/size]

Cees08-24-2010 08:53 AM

Triton,
By all accounts you probably wont be reading this, it does take a certain amount of courage to be different, however I'm not sure one is being different by leaving or staying.
In any case all the best.

Current date/time is Thu 21 Sep 2017, 3:08 am