WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Fastest Browser

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Fastest Browser

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 4:20 pm

dialaroom03-30-2011 09:59 AM

Fastest Browser

As polls are popular, I would do one if I knew how, but my question is which is the fastest browser for accessing the Control Panel, I have tried a few and to me it appears IE is slow, Firefox a bit quicker, Chrome seems really quick, not tried Opera.

Anyone have a really fast one - I have quite a few .tel with a lot of folders and sometimes it takes an age to do anything with them.

tony mayo03-30-2011 10:59 AM

Firefox is best by far. 
From my experience stay away from IE - Google maps don't load for me (Control Panel). 
I wasn't impresssed with Opera and I haven't tried Safari or Chrome, yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 13802)
I have quite a few .tel with a lot of folders and sometimes it takes an age to do anything with them.

[size]
Same situation here, but surely it's only a matter of time before we have a choice of tools that will provide much faster and more convenient ways of accessing and working on our .tel domains.
Telmasters has already made a great start here and such tools will only get better and more innovative in response to the growing demand from .tel developers.[/size]

Blunderer03-30-2011 11:32 AM

@Tony Mayo
"Firefox is best by far.
From my experience stay away from IE - Google maps don't load for me (Control Panel)."

I agree with that but, Firefox is hopeless for Adsense - stalls, crashes, takes a walk.....so I have to switch to IE for Ad management.

I havn't tried Chrome but, from the look of it on my daughters laptop, I don't want to.

dottel.net03-30-2011 11:45 AM

if you're managing adsense, or other google tools you can beat chrome (for obvious reasons )

can't comment on the control panel as haven't used it for almost two years

Blunderer03-30-2011 11:56 AM

Well, looks like it has to be Chrome, then. Do they do it in other than Pink?

your-tel03-30-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 13802)
As polls are popular, I would do one if I knew how, but my question is which is the fastest browser for accessing the Control Panel, I have tried a few and to me it appears IE is slow, Firefox a bit quicker, Chrome seems really quick, not tried Opera.

Anyone have a really fast one - I have quite a few .tel with a lot of folders and sometimes it takes an age to do anything with them.

[size]
We have transferred all domains to dynadot, they allow 1 login to the control panel for all domains. Seems to be quick enough through IE once logged in can swap to each domain quickly.

Even quicker to login through my.tel app on iphone easy to amend any domain within seconds.[/size]

dialaroom03-30-2011 07:38 PM

Thanks your-tel. am just about to get Android tablet, hoping the Android app will be quick for updating, anyone here using it?

boracay.tel03-31-2011 04:26 AM

safari is brilliant on all mac computers and idevices.
if you have 1000 subdomains at.... level1.domain.tel 
then you know what speeds we are talking about, and how some pc browsers are simply left hanging on the javascript... epic fail

and my.tel is also blindingly fast on iphone ipad etc. just not a complete feature set of the CTH. sure hope henri can keep it on par with upcoming release of improved template based CTH

Current date/time is Fri 22 Sep 2017, 1:11 pm