WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

RightOfTheDot.com promotes new extensions

Share
avatar
Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Join date : 2014-12-30
Posts : 2903 Points : 8906
Reputation : 0
Warning level : 100 %

RightOfTheDot.com promotes new extensions

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 4:46 pm

mikeseaton06-21-2011 01:37 PM




RightOfTheDot.com promotes new extensions
 
As we know there are likely to be many new extensions launched in the next year or two - it looks like good timing to launchRightOfTheDot.com to "help you launch your new TLD and reignite existing Top Level Domains".

Wonder if they could do anything to help with the much-needed mass public recognition for .tel - just a thought !

Mike Seaton

mikeseaton06-21-2011 01:58 PM




...and here's the video from The Future of TLDs

Mike Seaton

mikeseaton06-21-2011 02:17 PM




...and a quote from co-founder Michael Berkens

"It is expected that approximately 500 new gTLDs will be launched, joining the already 21 domain TLDs and the hundreds of ccTLDs. As such, we are anticipating a high demand for consulting services in the areas of marketing and supporting new gTLDs.

For existing TLDs, they now have a short window before all of the new gTLD are launched — probably starting in 3rd Q 2012 to increase their market share and better position themselves to compete in a space with hundreds of new extensions."

Mike Seaton

TELcp06-21-2011 05:05 PM




These new tlds, when launched, will overtake .tel if present limitations on .tel are not lifted.
Investors developers will always look for greener pastures.

dottel.net06-21-2011 06:47 PM




Quote:



Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 15583)
As we know there are likely to be many new extensions launched in the next year or two - it looks like good timing to launchRightOfTheDot.com to "help you launch your new TLD and reignite existing Top Level Domains".

Wonder if they could do anything to help with the much-needed mass public recognition for .tel - just a thought !

Mike Seaton



[size]
on the topic of fantastic launches and great awareness.... look no further then the .co launch. absolutely great job and its reflected in the reg numbers...

also when searching for a new domain at various registrars you may have noticed how they have .co at the top or near the top. probably due to an agreement to give the registrars a little extra commission hence more incentive to promote and sell...[/size]

mikeseaton06-21-2011 08:12 PM




Quote:



Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 15600)
on the topic of fantastic launches and great awareness.... look no further then the .co launch. absolutely great job and its reflected in the reg numbers...


[size]
I've bought quite a few .co myself (where to buy the .coms would cost a fortune) - some are for sale here - they make ideal sister sites for corresponding .tels.

Mike Seaton[/size]

mikeseaton06-22-2011 01:42 PM




.tel mentioned in UK Daily Mail newspaper
 
.tel got a mention in the UK's Daily Mail yesterday (Tuesday 21 June page 28) who were running an article on the 500-1000 new TLDs they quoted as being expected to be registered.

To quote the article, entitled Choose your own internet address...for a £114,000 fee

"Domain names are currently limited to the 290 for countries including .co.uk and 22 suffixes such as .tel for telecommunications."

Mike Seaton

tindaya06-22-2011 03:54 PM




but only dottel is different, and will being different, for that in dottel we trust.

TELcp06-22-2011 05:32 PM




Quote:



Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 15629)
.tel got a mention in the UK's Daily Mail yesterday (Tuesday 21 June page 28) who were running an article on the 500-1000 new TLDs they quoted as being expected to be registered.


[size]
Read the article on Daily Mail yesterday. And many other similar article after ICANN announcement.
There will be a "dot" explosion in 2013. That means "dots" everywhere.- .this, .that etc.
But the ".tel" with it's unique technology and of course with it's three letter extension "tel" will still be unique if it is treated like one. Unfortunately, it's not happening today. That is why it needs to be promoted and be recognized as a giant among domains before its too late.[/size]

mikeseaton06-22-2011 05:46 PM




Quote:



Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 15634)
But the ".tel" with it's unique technology and of course with it's three letter extension "tel" will still be unique if it is treated like one. Unfortunately, it's not happening today. That is why it needs to be promoted and be recognized as a giant among domains before its too late.


[size]
Couldn't agree more.

One positive note to come out of this TLD free-for-all is that there is going to be an ever increasing need not just for contact information but also for links to a company's many web sites to be kept in one easily accessible place.

With many major companies having fingers in lots of pies it is going to be very difficult for consumers to remember which extension to use when accessing a specific site for a multi-market company - but if they just remember "majorcompany.tel" they can easily click the web link on the .tel.

Now we just need to make sure that "Joe Public" (and the Telco shops on our High Streets) have heard of, and see the benefit of using, the .tel extension !

Mike Seaton[/size]

    Current date/time is Thu 21 Sep 2017, 4:52 am