WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Why Facebook will fail and how Telnic can get the benefit of it.

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 4:47 pm

Jens06-19-2011 09:30 AM

Obsolescent

Shahid06-19-2011 10:17 AM

no offence, i dont use facebook but have used it a few times in past. facebook has gone beyond the line where telnic could beat them.

Telnic or .tel has its own little value but comparing something like .tel with facebook.com worth US$ 30b would be just misguiding people

telnic till now has not been able to tell phone company to allow .tel in browser where as facebook is thinking of launching its own phone

tindaya06-19-2011 11:18 AM

I use facebook for the SEO of google, but I think the niche of facebook is the gossip

And IMO the niche of dottel is BUSINESS.

Restaurants, hotels, shops,... will use dottel and his Maps (when work perfect), and his coupons (when work perfect), and his call phone (when work perfec)...

tel4rent06-19-2011 01:33 PM

I agree. I have very good results with facebook on SEO. But also twitter. These two giants should not be neglected on our search for putting the word out there.

Be well.

mikeseaton06-19-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 15522)
I agree. I have very good results with facebook on SEO. But also twitter.

[size]
Twitter is a great source of Free Traffic to your DotTel through both your Twitter Site and also your Twitter RSS Feed - here's an old thread entitled DotTel on Twitter (note: http://twitr.org directory is no more).

Mike Seaton[/size]

boracay.tel06-20-2011 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 15522)
I agree. I have very good results with facebook on SEO. But also twitter. These two giants should not be neglected on our search for putting the word out there.

Be well.

[size]
facebook is banned in our house. we have done everything possible to TRY to keep facebook from automagically sending out our family members email addresses or other data to people we are supposed to know. how the f...k does it get away with that???

anyway...
in regards to boracay.tel directory, I am very interested to NOW use twitter to tweet photos of NEW resort data. ie, AUTO-feed updates into the .tel directory. 

see here new thread...[/size]

tel4rent06-20-2011 07:34 AM

HI there,

I have been using facebook and twitter for .tel since long time. I always knew it will generates lots of traffic but also create awareness in the digital community. 

As for Facebook, i do not mix personal and business. In my case it is two distinguish accounts and it works well. Google loves Facebook pages and they rank very well. 

My advise to .tel owners: Don't dismiss it before trying it.

Be Well.

Ps: Boracay.tel. The proper translation of " Expiry date" is "Verifiez la Date d'expiration ou de péremption" in french :). Just my thought.

dialaroom06-30-2011 08:01 AM

Has anybody ever used Telfriends?

Nope......

boracay.tel06-30-2011 08:41 AM

It was too difficult. And what made things worse is that if you change your Whois for any reason, the telfriends broke for that domain. X times that by many domains and it was n outright nightmare to follow

Aled06-30-2011 09:35 AM

Jens, rather than being a bug, that is by design. A change to the WHOIS can indicate a change of ownership. It is the only mechanism available to Telnames to know if the TelFriends user if still the owner of the .tel. Without that check you could potentially still have control over who can view private data for a .tel that you no longer own.

We do appreciate, however, that TelFriends can be confusing to use and are working on an improved method for managing private data in your .tel and who can access it.

tindaya06-30-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 15895)
In the meantime dottel has not been enhanced since over 15 months and Telfriends is forgotten already. Has anybody ever used Telfriends?

[size]
No, I haven´t use it. I explain the idea of dottel all of my friends, and the result is:

a) 100 % of small business are very very interesting in to be there, is cheap, easy, and with the long keyword for a small business, es perfect to SEO. 

b) 70 % think that the idea of to build a google map, so easy, of his business is perfect

c) 30 % of people like to have a only one contact point where write the phone, facebook...

d) 0 % never mind the social network, the people that use facebook, twitter... think that are too many social networks now.

THIS IS ONLY TO MY FRIENDS. To me, I think in 5-10 years dottel will be present in many many places, but in 5-10 years.[/size]

ynp07-01-2011 08:27 PM

Take a .tel domain. Make it a great resource. Irresistible. Something people will visit more than once. Create content that people want more than anything. (How is this possible with mostly text and limited images? We're smart, we could figure that out. Many people already think they do this with multiple 140 character dissertations a day.) Make it available to them if they are a telfriend. Make the telfriend available to anyone as long as they own at least one .tel, purchased from anywhere.

I have become bored with most social media. I remember just a few years ago many business people laughed at it and thought it was useless. I now find some of these same people flocking to it and scrambling their way into it paying employees high dollar for something that seems to have run it's course. The opportunities to attract new business and stand out in the crowd on these sites seem to be short lived. Believe what you will, but ask around and more people seem to talk about blocking people or becoming frustrated with the nonsensical information overload and spend less time before ultimately logging in less and less until moving on to the new social media flavor of the day or realizing they miss the enjoyment of a really good book.

Sure there are businesses with a certain niche or faithful following who will succeed with using social media. But for many it seems to be a high waste of resources or a compromise to higher ideals. The same might be said for placing ads from third parties within our .tel domains. Sure there are some that profit from these. But who is really making the profit from these, is it these few or the third party? And at what cost is this to the rest of us? For the many of us who will not profit from these ads, are we compromising the value of our .tel domain? Yes there are folks profiting from these, but more studies are showing that many of these ads are never clicked upon non-.tel websites, so is there data to show there performance on .tel sites from desktops, laptops, or other mobile devices is any better? And for that matter, we place such high value on certain search engines, is this the correct and/or necessary approach? 

Whether it be global, national, or regional this free marketing for these sites has increased over the last few years, and I for one look forward to it stopping soon. The sky is not falling, the internet is full steam ahead, and soon businesses will realize "hey, maybe we should market our brand again instead of 'http://www.socialmediaoftheday.com/becauseeveryoneelseisdoingitsoitmustworkletmeaddth eirlogotomytvadandwebsiteetc'", and this might just be when the .tel rises to the forefront. And hopefully rather than the well that runs dry the .tel might stick around a little longer like that really good book that's passed on for generations.

Brand yourself. (Or try having lunches with strangers and ask them what they think about all of this.)

Current date/time is Fri 22 Sep 2017, 1:19 pm