WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

What is going on?

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

What is going on?

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 4:49 pm

TELcp07-05-2011 08:22 PM

What is going on?

Dear friends in .tel,

What is going on?

Some great .tel domains that helped to promote the .tel have been dropped.
If you study the dropped list of last 7 days you will see very familiar names (which were very prominent in this forum too) have been dropped.

Something strange is happening.

IS THIS A WAKE UP CALL FOR ALL OF US?

Confused!!

telrific07-05-2011 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 16052)
Dear friends in .tel,

What is going on?

Some great .tel domains that helped to promote the .tel have been dropped.
If you study the dropped list of last 7 days you will see very familiar names (which were very prominent in this forum too) have been dropped.

Something strange is happening.

IS THIS A WAKE UP CALL FOR ALL OF US?

Confused!!

[size]

I think that for the most part people are holding onto their "gold" and dropping the rest.

"Someday" when and if we wake up to find that "Telnic got it together" and "people care broadly", we will be happy that we did.

Otherwise, we will be happy that we didn't waste all our time and money on TelPages and .TEL !

"Winging it" isn't what most signed up for, and why many have left completely.

Others keep the faith, but alot smarter than in the past 2.5+ years.

You know it's not good when first names are dropping like flies.

;)[/size]

mikeseaton07-06-2011 12:05 AM

An official Telnic response to http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2142 and re-appearance of the missing pagehttp://telnic.org/tools-roadmap.html might help prevent some further drops and persuade .tel waverers that it's worthwhile hanging-on in there !

Mike Seaton

telrific07-06-2011 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 16060)
An official Telnic response to http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2142 and re-appearance of the missing pagehttp://telnic.org/tools-roadmap.html might help prevent some further drops and persuade .tel waverers that it's worthwhile hanging-on in there !

Mike Seaton

[size]
Plenty of people "hangin' in there", myself included.

Telnic is showing "the quiet before the storm" lately.

The big question is - Is it a "good storm" or "bad storm" ?

:eek:[/size]

TELcp07-06-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 16062)

:eek:

[size]
Sorry to mention this...
There is no "good storm".
A storm is a storm And every storm leaves "Destruction".
Let's hope that no storm comes over the ".tel".
Or better be prepared for the unexpected (uncertainty).

:confused::confused:[/size]

telrific07-06-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 16067)
Sorry to mention this...
There is no "good storm".
A storm is a storm And every storm leaves "Destruction".
Let's hope that no storm comes over the ".tel".
Or better be prepared for the unexpected (uncertainty).

:confused::confused:

[size]

GOOD:
- Brings much needed rain.
- Cools unseasonably hot temperatures.
- Refills area lakes and streams.
- Cleanses the lower atmosphere.

BAD:
- It can cause damage.
- It can knock out electrical power.
- It can cause flooding.

There's always good with the bad, and bad with the good - those are just a few examples.

Point is of course: Is something supportive to Registrants coming, or supportive to Telnic alone !

;)[/size]

TELcp07-06-2011 03:42 PM

One of the good things before the storm (not in the real world, but in the .tel world) is some have abandoned their cities.
So we picked up 19 good US geo domains today.

ynp07-06-2011 05:34 PM

I am definitely hanging in there. Not alot invested but time, which some say is the biggest compliment.

Let the empty drop, is there some way to put a landing .tel on these?

mikeseaton07-06-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 16062)

:eek:

[size]
What I can't understand is why none of the top players on the internet have made an offer for Telnic Ltd.

There was an offer of $6000 million made by Google for Groupon recently (see http://isedb.com/20101207-4021.php), which they turned down, yet if a relatively new company which has not exactly come up with anything that radical (i.e. discount coupons if people buy in bulk as a group) is worth this much Telnic should have buyers queueing at the door for a product that, if promoted and brought into the public's consciousness, could both change the way the world communicates and provide a steady revenue stream (through annual domain renewals as well as new registrations) for decades to come.

Maybe something is brewing - I hope so - because .tel desperately needs to reach "Joe Public" very very soon.

Imagine how things might develop if Apple, Google, Facebook or Microsoft put it's money and marketing muscle behind the .tel idea?

Mike Seaton[/size]

Cees07-09-2011 08:20 AM

Groupon poised for collapse?

There was an offer of $6000 million made by Google for Groupon recently (see http://isedb.com/20101207-4021.php), which they turned down, yet if a relatively new company which has not exactly come up with anything that radical (i.e. discount coupons if people buy in bulk as a group) is worth this much Telnic should have buyers queueing at the door for a product that, if promoted and brought into the public's consciousness, could both change the way the world communicates and provide a steady revenue stream (through annual domain renewals as well as new registrations) for decades to come.

Mike,
I know this is thread is not about Groupon, however if after reading or just casting your eyes over this article (http://techcrunch.com/2011/06/13/why...-for-collapse/ )then the model groupon are using is absolutely great for them, however not that great for the merchants in fact if you look at the numbers there is no way this model is sustainable, given the crazy valuation that should make .tel an even better bet as it has something concrete to offer even though people still don't get it.

telrific07-19-2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 16313)
Nobody with arguments pro dottel or some hope? Not even a response from insiders? Is the situation really that bad?

[size]
Quote:
[/size]

"Someday" when and if we wake up to find that "Telnic got it together" and "people care broadly", we will be happy that we did.

[size]
Quote:
[/size]

Otherwise, we will be happy that we didn't waste all our time and money on TelPages and .TEL !

[size]
Supporting Telnic and/or Criticizing Telnic has made little or no difference.

This has become a game of Roulette even for the people who registered a single, supporting .tel for themselves or their business.

Place your bet(s), talking has become a mute point.

:confused:[/size]

mikeseaton07-19-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 16313)
Nobody with arguments pro dottel or some hope? Not even a response from insiders? Is the situation really that bad?

[size]
Jens, it may well be that many of the staff at Telnic are on holiday - but the simple act of restoring an updated Roadmap would help steady the nerves of many investors and developers, including me!

This has been requested by several forum members in http://telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2142 since it disappeared on 1st July, but so far no response at all from Telnic regarding this.

Obviously it's being re-done, just wish we at least had a date by which it is going to re-appear, many developers in particular need to know what's happening when.

Mike Seaton[/size]

Cees07-19-2011 09:41 PM

Mike, 
Your point about steadying the nerves is a valid one, to exude confidence it's vital to maintain a polished look and that includes keeping the roadmap up to date.
Appearances count for a lot.

mikeseaton07-20-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jens (Post 16321)
I don't want to destroy your optimism, but what you call many? Is it more than a handful?
Without any sarcasm: Are there any other active developers beside Mark and Mike (including internal and external developers)?

[size]
Besides Mark and myself there are of course Dottel.net, TELcp and Telrific undertaking .tel development, plus a few others no doubt. But I take your point Jens that this doesn't amount to "many".

I have covered this danger of developer's losing interest, or not starting to take interest, in a previous post when I said:

Quote:
[/size]

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 15470)
This hits the nail on the head - "Joe Public" and the average small business owner (at least in the UK) simply hasn't heard of .tel !

TELcp has suggested Telnic sponsors major sporting events, others (including myself) have suggested giving away .tels (via Telcos) for 1-year to generate "critical mass" (and large renewal income) - I'm sure there are lots of other valid ways .tel could be brought to mass public recognition.

I don't care how we resolve this issue, but unless this can be done, all the new things like improved templates etc. won't make any real difference at all !

After 2 years 3 months time is running out because if .tel doesn't get into public consciousness soon the investors who are still "keeping the faith" will dump thousands of domains, developers will find it is not worth their while developing due to a limited market, and Apple, Google or Microsoft (or some new outfit) will develop, or buy in, a "Dial-By-Name" solution that is "good enough", probably free, and get their millions of existing subscribers using it.

There is probably only room in the mass marketplace for one "Dial-By-Name" solution - it needs to be .tel but something has to be done urgently to generate mass public recognition.

[size]
I think investors and developers on this forum have done their bit to "keep the faith", but with any new business venture that starts to stall there comes a point when you have to sit back and review your options.

I'm still positive - at the moment - and have further software developments planned.

But Telnic needs to address the issue of communication (somewhat "ironic" since .tel is all about communication) and speak loud and clear about the plans for the coming months (see Roadmap thread) - the .tel extension needs to get really established before the new ICANN extensions start kicking in and taking the attention of developers and money of investors.

Enough said - the ball really is in Telnic's court now if they want to ensure the .tel "ecosystem" survives and prospers.

Mike Seaton[/size]

Simon G07-20-2011 07:31 PM

I haven't commented on anything as there appears little to
comment on progress wise. 
Jens this is not the end of .tel surely. I simply don't
believe a company will wait 8 years to be able
To sell the product and then after two and a bit years give up. Although perhaps .tel is becoming
The Segway of domains? I hope not.

tindaya07-20-2011 08:59 PM

I´m not a developer, but I try to learn about you, and I think so important is Telnic like Mike, Henri, Mike, TELcp,... I´m trying to put all in a web (doesn´t work yet), TELrural-->TELpages-->TELview--TELdial-->TELcp and the maps and contats of Henri, with all I have done something like this:
http://paratorpes.es/telrural

mikeseaton07-20-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 16338)
I´m not a developer, but I try to learn about you, and I think so important is Telnic like Mike, Henri, Mike, TELcp,... I´m trying to put all in a web (doesn´t work yet), TELrural-->TELpages-->TELview--TELdial-->TELcp and the maps and contats of Henri, with all I have done something like this:
http://paratorpes.es/telrural

[size]
Hi Tindaya - interesting site http://paratorpes.es/telrural - thanks for the publicity for http://TelDial.tel on the site.

Mike Seaton[/size]

Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 10:50 pm