WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Toby Clement newsletter

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Toby Clement newsletter

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 4:55 pm

Simon G08-23-2011 05:05 PM

Toby Clement newsletter

Some quality us state .tel domains in Toby Clements newsletter today. In probably the widest marketed domain newsletter I got a present tel related surprise today. As well as quality .com domains for sale such as DnRegistration.com and Steelfabricating.com there were the following .tel domains Alabama.tel
$4,000
Arizona.tel
$4,000
Florida.tel
$4,000
Kentucky.tel
$4,000
Louisiana.tel
$4,000
Mississipi.tel
$4,000
NorthCarolina.tel
$4,000
SouthCarolina.tel
$4,000
Tennessee.tel
$4,000

Good domains at a respectable end Market price.

dottel.net08-23-2011 05:53 PM

interesting - thanks for posting.

will keep a close eye on these to see if they change hands.

aliencafe08-23-2011 06:16 PM

Excellent news, as the owner of Nevada.tel I would like to see if any of these get purchased.

dutchstreetdog08-23-2011 06:20 PM

i am not selling my 2 GEO tels not for 10.000
i believe in tell and now with the feeds and my geustbook even more!

spline08-23-2011 06:57 PM

I also saw that.

Even if they are not sold, its great publicity for .tels since it reaches out to many potential buyers.

A year ago they would not have been on sale in their letter.

mikeseaton08-23-2011 07:59 PM

Toby Clements used to be Rick Latona's right-hand man. Rick got the right to run most of the Traffic auctions (previously run by Moniker) - Traffic being the international domainers conferences held around the world where some top domains fetch 6 or even 7 figures in the Live auction.

Then Rick decided to focus on his luxury watch business (and subsequently the selling of "web properties" - see http://latonas.com) and cut a deal with Toby to take over the domaining side - the newsletter that goes out with these domains listed really does reach a wide audience that has been built up over the years by Rick/Toby.

It's very good news about these state geos being listed - even if no sale is achieved (please anyone who notices a change in the WhoIs publish it here) - the publicity for .tel is so very important.

I still believe that .tel could eventually reach the dizzy heights of .com valuations - see http://www.dnjournal.com/ytd-sales-charts.htm - but only if "Joe Public" is both aware of it and feels having his own .tel to be an essential part of the mobile phone experience.

Mike Seaton

PS. if you want to sign up for Toby's domain newsletter you can do so at http://tobyclements.com

Simon G08-23-2011 08:08 PM

Agreed even if not sold good exposure. Latona listed some of wibblenuts domains just after the initial landrush in 09. 
As well as domainers the newsletter goes out to different industry professionals perhaps this will cause some alert of tel to them.
Aliencafe Nevada is a cracker

mikeseaton08-23-2011 08:45 PM

I wonder if anyone with UK county geo .tels will get listed in Toby's newsletter - the UK county being the equivalent of a USA state, unlike the meaning of county used within the USA.

I've a few of these, along with some USA/Canadian cities, which I may well submit to Toby if any of these state geo .tels get sold.

Mike Seaton

aliencafe08-23-2011 08:55 PM

Simon, thanks for the comment. For all of us I would like to see the values increase.. Do you own any popular geo's? 

Regards

tel4rent08-23-2011 09:40 PM

A question i always wanted to ask the domainers

If a domain name has such a great value, why would you sell it if you can turn it into a great revenue stream? of course unless the seller needs money...I bet you that domainers never sell their best domain names because the return is so good

The buyer must be seeing much more value into the domain on sale than the seller. In that case, you will only sell if you know you can do better then the amount offered by the buyer.

Any comments from the experts here...

dottel.net08-23-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 17005)
I wonder if anyone with UK county geo .tels will get listed in Toby's newsletter - the UK county being the equivalent of a USA state, unlike the meaning of county used within the USA.

I've a few of these, along with some USA/Canadian cities, which I may well submit to Toby if any of these state geo .tels get sold.

[size]
wouldn't that be something... i've got most of them!! :)[/size]

dottel.net08-23-2011 09:51 PM

@tel4rent - personally reason I sell/reshape my portfolio regularly is to raise some funds for other purchases or renewals. its always good when a portfolio is self sustaining vs having to insert further funds. 

and sometimes, a name may be better used my another person who may have time or another idea/use

Simon G08-23-2011 10:52 PM

Aliencafe, I do. I have the six Scottish cities, and some other Scottish geos which I hope to
develop into something like your Vietnamese network when I think .tel is relatively Stable (or if become out of work)

aliencafe08-23-2011 11:10 PM

@Simon excellent.. sounds like you have some valuable names there.

Some of the tricky parts of our Vietnamese names is translating and finding the business data. As far as translating, I'm not always sure if someone will be searching in Vietnamese or English or both etc.. 

Mark Kolb and dottel.net have great tools for these directories, but so far gathering information for business data to plug into those tools has been either costly or extremely time consuming.

These tasks are obviuosly better suited for Large directories who already have the data and need the platform to display it/disseminate it on Mobile devices and web pages. 

Hopefully more directories start to move in the direction of dottel as the defacto mobile presence and business card.. When they do Geo names like ours will become very valuable in the day to day operation of those directories.

mikeseaton08-24-2011 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tel4rent (Post 17007)
A question i always wanted to ask the domainers

If a domain name has such a great value, why would you sell it if you can turn it into a great revenue stream?...

[size]
A couple of reasons:

1. Most quoted figures for revenue stream are for parking-type pages or mini-sites. You can take a good domain, create a full-blown web site and maybe make 10-100 times more revenue with it using direct sale of goods, affiliate links, AdSense etc.

But all this takes a lot of time and if you have a large number of domains you may well be better off accepting a reasonable offer for a domain which you can only devote 1% of your time to, and let a buyer have it who can devote 100% of his/her time to.

2. Brandability. John Reese, a leading internet guru, had Sedo sell his domain "Income.com". I'm not sure what he got for it, but the Sedo broker handling it took the time to find the right buyer and the asking price was $1,000,000 - John Reese reckoned it could be worth more than this!

Yet during the period Sedo had it up for sale all it was was a simple "contact the Sedo broker" page with zero revenue stream. It's selling point was "Brandability" - pure and simple.

Mike Seaton[/size]

tel4rent08-24-2011 10:34 AM

@Mike @dottel

Thanks guys for your input. It sounds very interesting, there is definitely money to be made in this industry but one must keep a balance, i guess

Simon G08-24-2011 12:47 PM

tel4rent, there is definately alot of money to be made, however there is even more money lost. If your getting into it domaining and not been buying domains for resale before. Spend alot of time working out your strategy and niches as well as learning what sells. For every domain that sells thousands will be dropped and money lost on.

GoBigCity08-24-2011 05:51 PM

The success of .tel in the geo arena would make my life great. I own 3 names of vacation towns in the Pacific NW. I have this vision of spending my time in golf and wine country adding the local merchants to my directory. I guy can dream, right?

GoBigCity08-24-2011 05:52 PM

Aled
Do you have a feel for the timing on the new templates?

Aled08-24-2011 06:06 PM

Not at the moment I'm afraid. I'll let you know as soon as I can.
Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Re: Toby Clement newsletter

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 4:56 pm

GoBigCity08-24-2011 06:21 PM

Roger that. Have a good day

Current date/time is Mon 20 Nov 2017, 2:43 am