WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Geo.tels and SERPS

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Geo.tels and SERPS

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 5:01 pm

dialaroom09-09-2011 06:14 PM

Geo.tels and SERPS

Struggling to get any of 4 geo.tels in the first 100 pages of google results for the domain name search (without the .tel of course), some are developed more than others, 1 uses hidden root folders, thought it might be that, but it appears that it might be more than that.

Have quite a few backlinks to them (PR 2s 3s, 4s), still no show. Other non geos seem to hit page 1 or 2 within 3 or 4 weeks for their domain name search. Tried adding lots of keyword text etc. still no joy. Any Ideas.

Taxinumbers and dialaroom hit page 1 within a couple of weeks. 

Checked on some other geos, quite a lot that have been around a while, and most are still out of the top 25 pages.

dottel.net09-09-2011 06:20 PM

depends on what your searching - a straight geo keyword search is very very hard to rank vs targeting slightly longer search terms i.e. http://oxfordstreet.tel
oxford street shopping -> page 1
oxford street -> page 2

dialaroom09-09-2011 07:17 PM

Just tried some longer search terms and you're quite right dottel.net they are appearing in the first 2 or 3 pages, just restored my faith a little, thanks dottel.net. 

Just automatically assumed the domain name would show up 1st, but of course there are probably a million more results for that.

dottel.net09-09-2011 08:49 PM

no problem, glad I could help restore your faith
now if only the world knew it was that easy to get on the first few pages of google with dottel, dottel would really take off

dialaroom09-09-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel.net (Post 17360)
no problem, glad I could help restore your faith
now if only the world knew it was that easy to get on the first few pages of google with dottel, dottel would really take off

[size]
Agree it's totally frustrating. Need some major players to adopt it, or how about a game that can only be played on a .tel. 

Never did grasp the Telfriends part of a .tel, certainly not many threads on the forum about it. If a social media aspect could be added, who knows? Anyway, just thinking out loud as it's awfully quiet around here with no updates, blogs or newsletters.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)09-09-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 17361)
or how about a game that can only be played on a .tel. 

[size]
See my post #3. But, alas, no one responded.

Mark[/size]

Leskovac09-09-2011 10:35 PM

Here are some examples that I have had a weeks ago.

Keyword: rostiljijada no.4 serp 1500 visits

Keyword: rostiljijada leskovac no.4 serp 1000 visits

Keyword: rostiljijada leskovac 2011 no1 serp 4120 visits all within a week.

I had the most visits even from the official event website Rostiljijada Leskovac 2011http://www.tol.org.rs

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 11:38 am