WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

BTtelnames

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

BTtelnames

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 5:07 pm

dialaroom09-12-2011 03:00 PM

BTtelnames

Anyone have any .tels registered with BTtelnames? 

I have one I registered almost 2 years ago, have received email to ask me to contact them to manually renew. 

The phone number given was +44 .012345678 or
email support@bttelnames.com
web address www.bt.com

The phone number is invalid, emailed but had no response and no where on bt.com can I find a link to renew .tel.

I do have a btweb hosting account but the two are not linked.

Anyone know how to renew a bttelnames .tel

(before I transfer it to name.com, as the lack of bt help is driving me mad)

Simon G09-12-2011 03:12 PM

Thats bad form. Looks like a default number and someones forgotten to update it. If it was me I'd transfer to name.com prob cheaper in the long run. Mind you dont know how easy it would be to transfer?!

teltheworld09-12-2011 03:38 PM

Anyone know how to renew a bttelnames .tel

(before I transfer it to name.com, as the lack of bt help is driving me mad)

Hi Dialaroom

And there I was thinking it was just me! I've had no end of problems with these guys, I can't even find a link anywhere to get to their control panel.

Thankfully I only have a couple of names with them, except I can't get in there to transfer them and both the blinking things are on Auto Renew! Arrrrgh!

www.ma8.co

dialaroom09-12-2011 04:05 PM

Only way I can get to CTH is through telnic's manage your .tel link. Must be worst reseller out there, even though telnic feature them, or anyone knows of a worse one.

Not having transferred a .tel to another registrar, do I nave to backup and restore after transfer or is there a way to do it without as I wouldn't want a break in the hosting as it has a lot of paid listings and is featured in iframes in a few valuable to me, web based sites.

mikeseaton09-12-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 17412)
Only way I can get to CTH is through telnic's manage your .tel link. Must be worst reseller out there, even though telnic feature them, or anyone knows of a worse one.

Not having transferred a .tel to another registrar, do I nave to backup and restore after transfer or is there a way to do it without as I wouldn't want a break in the hosting as it has a lot of paid listings and is featured in iframes in a few valuable to me, web based sites.

[size]
Backup before transfer and Restore after transfer - your data will disappear during the transfer process !

Mike Seaton[/size]

dialaroom09-12-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 17414)
Backup before transfer and Restore after transfer - your data will disappear during the transfer process !

Mike Seaton

[size]
Thanks Mike, is transfer immediate or is there a delay normally?[/size]

mikeseaton09-12-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 17415)
Thanks Mike, is transfer immediate or is there a delay normally?

[size]
My experience of transferring .tel domains is that it can take up to 6 days from when the initial authorisation email is replied to.

But some losing registrars may ask if you want immediate transfer - if no reply is received saying Yes they action the transfer in about 6 days time.

So allow up to 6 days, but can be quicker depending on losing registrar.

Don't forget to set any domains you are going to transfer to Manual renewal rather than Automatic - if they are automatically renewed before transfer and you move them within 60 days you may lose the year's renewal period - this happens with TLDs such as .com.

Mike Seaton[/size]

mikeseaton09-12-2011 05:57 PM

Yes it does happen - at least with .coms etc as mentioned - happened to me once before I knew the rules.

You can usually find something about the 60 day rule in the small print of the terms and conditions.

I assume the idea of it is to stop you renewing at a cheap registrar but getting the service from a more expensive registrar who has to honour (and then adds 1 year onto) the existing expiry date at the losing registrar.

So you don't lose the extra year added by the gaining registrar (paid for as the transfer fee), but you do lose the year also paid if you renewed at the losing registrar and then transferred in the following 60 days.

Mike Seaton

dialaroom09-12-2011 06:24 PM

yes, thanks guys, still no response from bttelnames. Whois says registered by PSI USA
https://www.psi-usa.info/index.php?n...=domains/index says

"We delegate any top-level domains (TLD) at the competent registries.
.com/.net - VeriSign
.org - PIR
.info - Afilias
.biz - NeuLevel
.name - GNR
.pro - RegistryPro
.jobs - EmployMedia
.travel - Tralliance
.mobi - mTLD
.us - NeuStar
.asia - DotAsia
.cat - puntCAT 
.aero - SITA 
.tel - Telnic 

Our customers can register the above-named top-level domains simply and in the quickest time by means of our technology. If you are already a customer with us you can switch to the protected area via our customer login, where you can register and process the desired domains in real time with the aid of our registration and administration software AutoDNS."

No mention of Bt or BTtelnames

Aled09-20-2011 02:20 PM

dialarrom - I've contacted BT regarding the issues you're having to ask for advice and also a contact address you can use to actually get a response. Will let you know when I have news.

dialaroom09-20-2011 05:16 PM

Thanks Aled. Trying to renew Dialaroom, hate them to drop, have it backed up, but all I want to do is renew and auto renew. Have a feeling you had to help me out with this last year. It's classic BT though, offers the world, fingers in every pie, takes responsibility for nothing.

Thanks again!

Aled09-20-2011 05:18 PM

If you still have the mail you received from them on registration it should have credentials for you to log intohttps://www.bttelnames.com and set the auto-renew. I'm trying to also find out how to manually renew as it doesn't seem to be possible to view/update your card details in that portal.

dialaroom09-20-2011 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 17581)
If you still have the mail you received from them on registration it should have credentials for you to log intohttps://www.bttelnames.com and set the auto-renew. I'm trying to also find out how to manually renew as it doesn't seem to be possible to view/update your card details in that portal.

[size]
Thanks Aled,have managed to click auto renew, can't find a way to pay though. Had to request a password reminder, which was immediate, but email ended with this

"If you experience any difficulties in accessing the system, please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated support team.

Kind Regards 
BT
support@bttelnames.com
+44.012345678 :eek:
http://www.bt.com"

I added the eek smiley. Sent them a polite email pointing out telephone number and asking for payment options.[/size]

dialaroom09-20-2011 07:52 PM

Aled thanks again, don't waste any more of your time. I got a reply, you have to click on the domain, another window appearswith 3 options, clicking on general, opens another window with an add a year option, clicking this gives you the option to manually update and pay. 

This truly has to be the worst looking, (buttons don't show, no where does it mention, renew) and most confusing, (only knew what to do because it was in there email), they have however removed the default incorrect phone number from their customer support emails.

p.s.
Tried 3 times so far with a current, active, well funded visa debit card, it says unable to process, try later. I wouldn't dare try a transfer now with just a week to go before it expires, it will probably disappear in the mystical ether which is BT.

Aled09-22-2011 04:18 PM

dialaroom any joy with the credit card?

dialaroom09-23-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 17631)
dialaroom any joy with the credit card?

[size]
Sorry for delay in replying Aled, tried 3 transactions, 2 for 1 year and 1 for 2 years, just in case, each time reported error, try again later.

Just re-checked, domain has been renewed for 12 months, bank account has been debited for 2 lots of £14.40 (1 year), and 1 £28.80 (2 year). The saga continues, will email them again.

Am backing up first and getting out of there as soon as I get a refund or 3 more years credited. BTTelnames is not doing .tel rep any favours, only response was when I emailed them asking how to pay. Happy to fight my own battles Aled, just really worried what would happen if I dare to try a transfer to name.com. If I lose access to dialaroom.tel for more than a few days it will cause serious problems in other web based sites in which it is embedded. Something for all of us to consider when iframing our .tels.[/size]

Aled09-23-2011 04:11 PM

dialarrom,

With regards to a .tel transfer and the possibility of downtime during the transfer, the main question is if the "Gaining" registrar are able to create your account and give you access prior to the transfer completing (generally a transfer will take about 5 working days to complete). If you have access before the transfer completes and the .tel points to the partition of your new provider, then you can upload your .tel during this time and make sure that at the switchover it's all setup as it should be.

dialaroom09-23-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 17647)
dialarrom,

With regards to a .tel transfer and the possibility of downtime during the transfer, the main question is if the "Gaining" registrar are able to create your account and give you access prior to the transfer completing (generally a transfer will take about 5 working days to complete). If you have access before the transfer completes and the .tel points to the partition of your new provider, then you can upload your .tel during this time and make sure that at the switchover it's all setup as it should be.

[size]
Won't worry about a transfer yet. If you click on the partly obscured Transfer button on their poor excuse for a domain management panel, all you get is a blank page.[/size]

Aled09-23-2011 04:21 PM

if you contact them directly they will be able to provide you with an Auth Info transfer code, which is all you need to perform a transfer.

dialaroom09-23-2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aled (Post 17649)
if you contact them directly they will be able to provide you with an Auth Info transfer code, which is all you need to perform a transfer.

[size]
Thanks again for all the help, it would be a shame to waste any more of your valuable time, on this subject. .tellers can make up their own mind what the BT stands for in Bttelnames.

As for getting my vote for best reseller, perhaps not. As for it being one of your featured resellers, that decision of course is yours.[/size]

Current date/time is Fri 22 Sep 2017, 1:18 pm