WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Misleading use of .tels??????

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 5:45 pm

Cees01-02-2012 12:04 PM

Dodgy? use of .tels

Large number of registrations today by the same organisation all with misleading intent.

see 
walkingshoes.tel
cheapclothes.tel
cheapshoes.tel
wilhelm.tel
etc,etc,etc they appear to number in the hundreds, all pointing to sale of iphones

Cees01-02-2012 06:46 PM

I can't think of a better way to help sink .tel than to use it like this,as a consumer I hate being duped into going to a site under false pretences, if there are going to be hundreds or more of these type I can't see anything positive, surely Telnic can't approve of this.

telrific01-02-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 19833)
I can't think of a better way to help sink .tel than to use it like this,as a consumer I hate being duped into going to a site under false pretences, if there are going to be hundreds or more of these type I can't see anything positive, surely Telnic can't approve of this.

[size]

Imagine that millions of .tel's exist just like millions of websites do.

What's on them ? Anything and everything.

Google never makes any claim as to the content of websites, and we should not
expect anything different with TelPages.

Verification service is exactly what this is for.

If the expectation is for more, look for more on the page, and be willing to support the service that provides that "more".

;)[/size]

Blunderer01-02-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

[size]
Well said.[/size]

mikeseaton01-02-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

I can't think of a better way to help sink .tel than to use it like this,as a consumer I hate being duped into going to a site under false pretences, if there are going to be hundreds or more of these type I can't see anything positive, surely Telnic can't approve of this.

[size]
Absolutely right Cees, it's a pretty daft idea to try and dupe consumers with multiple .tel domains all showing an ad as the only content that bears absolutely no relation to the domain name.

The domains http://walkingshoes.telhttp://cheapclothes.tel and http://cheapshoes.tel appear to have been set up using Telnic's redirection facility, which as I have explained in a previous post will result in some or all of the domains being downgraded and/or de-indexed once the search engines discover duplicate content under different domain names.

So no real income for the domain owner and discrediting for the .tel extension - not a very bright idea from the owner of the domains, who is hiding under a veil of secrecy - see http://www.easywhois.com/?domain=walkingshoes.tel for what I mean.

You can't stop this sort of thing, but at least take consolation that the owner won't make any real money from it and their domains will become worthless once the search engines de-index some or all of them due to the duplicate content.

Mike Seaton[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)01-02-2012 08:27 PM

I think the owner should populate them with minimal related content. Easy enough to do with Park My Tel. For instance, two days ago I bought www.ThermalImaging.tel on the drop and populated it (although have a typo in all the subdomain names).
Mark

dialaroom01-02-2012 09:48 PM

I was going to say, anyone can put whatever legal content they want to on their .tel. and wouldn't it be a great if for once people looked at the forum and found it full of positive ideas on ways to use, promote, support and sell. With exciting stories, offers of free help, discussions on successes and why they succeed. 

Instead of members trying to tell Telnic what they should and shouldn't do. Owners what they should and shouldn't do. What was once a vibrant forum, now consists of members who appear to know what is best for everybody, owners, guests, new members and Telnic alike. 

I was going to say the above, but instead I just decided to wish you all a Happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

telrific01-02-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 19844)
I was going to say, anyone can put whatever legal content they want to on their .tel. and wouldn't it be a great if for once people looked at the forum and found it full of positive ideas on ways to use, promote, support and sell. With exciting stories, offers of free help, discussions on successes and why they succeed. 

Instead of members trying to tell Telnic what they should and shouldn't do. Owners what they should and shouldn't do. What was once a vibrant forum, now consists of members who appear to know what is best for everybody, owners, guests, new members and Telnic alike. 

I was going to say the above, but instead I just decided to wish you all a Happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

[size]
Imagine that millions of .tel's exist just like millions of websites do.

What's on them ? Anything and everything.

Google never makes any claim as to the content of websites, and we should not
expect anything different with TelPages.

Well said. Well said.

:)[/size]

Cees01-03-2012 12:28 PM

Thanks for the removal of my previous post I don't know what I was thinking?, I regretted posting it almost immediately.

Aled01-03-2012 05:59 PM

Posts moved to the "Trust" thread which seemed more appropriate - http://www.telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2507

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:24 am