WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

What a Waste...

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

What a Waste...

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 5:56 pm

mikeseaton02-15-2012 11:39 PM

What a Waste...

...of what Dot Tel can offer these companies as a single point of contact for all communication channels for all their offices worldwide !

Amazon.tel

eBay.tel

Facebook.tel

Google.tel

Microsoft.tel

Skype.tel

Yahoo.tel

What will it take for these internet giants to see the potential of .tel - or is it us on this forum who have the rose-tinted glasses on ?

Mike Seaton

boracay.tel02-16-2012 02:46 AM

At least apple put a phone number and address.
Biggest company in the world leading the way. 
Sure loving those apple shares i moved into same time as .tel 
.tel didn't take off easy to understand. zero marketing. iPod ads were incredible. There's the difference

TELcp02-16-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 20343)
...of what Dot Tel can offer these companies as a single point of contact for all communication channels for all their offices worldwide ![/URL]

[size]
We are trying our best to achieve "single point of contact for all communication channels" from the .tel.
But there are several issues to be addressed technically from Telnic.
If those issues mentioned on earlier threads/posts are addressed, we will be able to help lift up the image of the .tel in the corporate sector.
Until then we keep our fingers crossed.

Things are getting out of control.
Many Registrars not bothered to provide secure (SSL) connections to CTH.
Not possible to promote .tel at all under these circumstances.

Looking forward to get quick response from Telnic.

"Time is running out"[/size]

Aled02-16-2012 11:08 AM

TelCP, with regards to SSL certificates for registrar partitions, we contact all registrars to warn them when their certificates are expiring and provide all possible support with regards to getting the correct certificates and installing them. As I'm sure you appreciate, we cannot actually purchase the certificates for them.

As far as I am aware, the vast majority of registrars have valid certificates on their partitions. If there is a specific registrar you are having issues with, please let me know and we can contact them directly.

TELcp02-16-2012 11:24 AM

@Aled

Thanks for the reply re registrars.
Will send PM with info.

Regards

P.S. Sent via PM a list of 6 Registrars( including 2 very popular & reputed) who have failed to renew SSL cert to CTH.

TELcp02-17-2012 07:36 AM

@Telnic

Looking back three month from today, we requested a feature re: thread at http://www.telnic.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2371

If Telnic can provide at least this feature for the time being, we can do a lot through third party solutions to achieve "single point of contact for all communication channels" with private data enabled on telpages. 
We have requests to provide communication directories with privacy enabled. But we face few barriers in the API and Telfriends (including feature discussed in the thread quoted above).

One should not forget that the core concept of .tel is "single point of contact for all communication". We should not deviate too far away from this concept. The more you deviate from this concept, the more competition you get from other web based TLDs (don't forget the new gTLDs coming soon). IMHO, we can already see the consequences.

Regards

spline02-17-2012 08:50 PM

My friends change phone numbers, and I have to update. If only they had a .tel

TELcp02-18-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spline (Post 20396)
My friends change phone numbers,

[size]
Its possible that one of the reasons could be due to avoid getting nuisance calls once their numbers get popular and get into the hands of the unwanted.

You seem to be having a very good opportunity to tell your friends about the .tel's ability of protecting Private data. 

By protecting private data one can reduce/stop nuisance calls, calls from political campaigners, calls from promoters etc. And your email addresses can be protected from spam too.

Cheers![/size]

Current date/time is Wed 20 Sep 2017, 3:45 am