WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

One domainer’s fascinating 15 year income statement

Alex
Admin

Warning level : 100 %
Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
owner "tel.community" instead!

One domainer’s fascinating 15 year income statement

Post by Alex on Mon 02 Jul 2012, 11:22 am

The ups and downs of the domain name business.

By Andrew Allemann on 2nd July 2012

Domain investor and web site creator Eric Borgos just published a list of the domains he has sold in the first half of the year. It’s quite interesting and worth a read.

But I want to draw domainers’ attention to another page on Borgos’ site that has always fascinated me. He publishes his revenue and net profit by year dating back to 1997.

To be clear, Borgos develops web sites on many of the domains he owns. But the sales of some of these web sites aren’t included in his numbers, which he reports as being mostly from domain sales.

Take a good, hard look at Borgos’ numbers. What do you notice?

What I notice is that domaining isn’t consistent nor easy. We’re looking at just one domainers’ numbers, but I think it’s very telling.

After a great year in 2000 as the bubble was bursting, his company only turned a profit in one of the next six years.

How many of you would have stuck through those hard times?

In 2011 Borgos’ company had net income over $1.5 million, thanks in part to a huge portfolio sale.

But don’t call him a “lucky” domainer. He stuck through some lean years, worked hard developing web destinations, and after fifteen years is finally seeing consistently good results.

It’s a great story.

Source: DomainNameWire.com

I have left TelTalk.org. Please contact the new forum owner tel.community instead!

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:26 am