WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

TelTalk.org Forum has closed

Share
avatar
Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Join date : 2014-12-30
Posts : 2903 Points : 8968
Reputation : 0
Warning level : 100 %

TelTalk.org Forum has closed

Post by Telnic on Tue 30 Dec 2014, 7:25 pm

cougar08-03-2013 02:59 PM




TelTalk.org Forum has closed
 
As well as this forum I have been a regular reader of the .tel forum at http://www.TelTalk.org (it provides a lot of information about Telnames .tels) and note it has now closed.

This is the explanation given:
Quote:



This forum was closed due to the development stop by the operator for the TLD .Tel! 

TelTalk.org will open again as soon as the development by the operator resumes. 

A date is uncertain! 

Thank you for your support during the last weeks!


[size]
Is this the real reason ?

It doesn't sound very convincing ![/size]

cougar08-03-2013 06:06 PM




The explanation for the closure of TelTalk has now been changed at http://www.TelTalk.org and currently reads:

Quote:



This forum was closed because of several uncertainties. 

TelTalk.org will open again as soon as matters have been clarified. 

A date is uncertain! 

Thank you for your support during the last weeks!


[size]
Why is the .tel extension viewed as being so uncertain ?[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-03-2013 07:30 PM




Several reasons...

A lot of the early people are annoyed they haven't been able to sell off their .TEL assets and make a profit from landrush purchases. Consequently great domain names that could make marketing impact remain undeveloped and do not help spread the word.

The .TEL platform hasn't moved fast enough or been exposed globally to gain critical mass.

Although free third party tools are used to extend the functionality, they are not marketed and are not part of the CTH, so are things like images and video are unknown and this is a big issue with many.

And a split of the pro .tel and TelNames products with development focussed on Telnames at the moment has soured some.

However, the technology is sound, but needs some improvements here and there.

Mark

aliencafe08-03-2013 07:36 PM




Great points Mark- agreed

D

tindaya08-03-2013 09:08 PM




New era, new ideas... domains .tel and bitcoin protocol..
http://lugaresbitcoin.blogspot.com

tony mayo08-04-2013 11:11 AM




Quote:



Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 27301)
However, the technology is sound, but needs some improvements here and there.Mark


[size]
That's the most important point. 

Too much negativity - to put it at its mildest - on the Tel Talk Forum.[/size]

supercyberheroes08-04-2013 01:25 PM




Quote:



Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 27301)
Several reasons...

A lot of the early people are annoyed they haven't been able to sell off their .TEL assets and make a profit from landrush purchases. Consequently great domain names that could make marketing impact remain undeveloped and do not help spread the word.

The .TEL platform hasn't moved fast enough or been exposed globally to gain critical mass.

Although free third party tools are used to extend the functionality, they are not marketed and are not part of the CTH, so are things like images and video are unknown and this is a big issue with many.

And a split of the pro .tel and TelNames products with development focussed on Telnames at the moment has soured some.

However, the technology is sound, but needs some improvements here and there.

Mark



[size]
You are totally 100% right but I add 2 more things.

At teltalk most people are annoyed because:
1- OK, as you said - telnic focus now only in telnames.
2- Not answer to their questions.

I believe so much in .tel and I am developing most of my .tel right now, even they are still hide, but will be open for business.
With your free tools we can do a lot, like movie.tel, but also we need more tools and features in the CTH to help complete the puzzle, once it's done joe public can see the full picture.
If you want to build a house, but do not have tools, concrete, etc to do so, for sure you prefer not to build that house, if so, you will know that it will no be solid, and you could lose your time and money doing so.

Galilleo said: give me a point of support and I will move the earth.
Give us the tools and the features and we will move forwards .tel

As always I wish all the best to telnic and all of you .tel domains guys.

BTW: I have plan to help move forwards .tel mainly directories, for the last 2 months I did purchase around 15.tel Geo I made those purchase through teldomains.co so Mark for your sure you got some commission from name.com



Kind regards[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-05-2013 11:33 AM




Quote:



Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 27305)
You are totally 100% right but I add 2 more things.

At teltalk most people are annoyed because:
1- OK, as you said - telnic focus now only in telnames.
2- Not answer to their questions.

...

As always I wish all the best to telnic and all of you .tel domains guys.

BTW: I have plan to help move forwards .tel mainly directories, for the last 2 months I did purchase around 15.tel Geo I made those purchase through teldomains.co so Mark for your sure you got some commission from name.com

Kind regards



[size]
Yes, I hope Telnic will provide CTH with the missing tools since when people buy their pro .tel most do not know the visual power that comes from a site with images. This probably contributes to their pro site not being renewed a year later. Telnames has proven that ease-of-use and direct media integration works wonders. Now it's time for pro .tel.

As for the name.com commission, I get 1.50 from the first sale only, nothing from further sales :(.

Mark[/size]

supercyberheroes08-05-2013 12:23 PM




Quote:



Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 27306)

As for the name.com commission, I get 1.50 from the first sale only, nothing from further sales :(.

Mark



[size]
I have been buying .tel domains through your teldomains.co, so you should contact name.com, because some thing is wrong there with your commission.

Just this month I got Colombian cities through teldomains.co , all those cities with population between 450.000 and 700.000 amount those cities just to name some are these: http://pasto.tel http://ibague.tel http://neiva.tel http://pereira.tel http://manizales.tel

I am planing to buy more in September.
Why I am planing to focus now in my country, well Colombia got 4g since 2012, has been in economical grow for several years in a row, for the last 15 months in a row the employment is getting down from 23% to last month 9%, for first time in 50 years the government is in superavit, by 2018 98% of the population must have internet and 50% must have high speed internet like fiber.
also generals from the army, police, governments, mayor of big cities, ministers, business men and congressmen are in jail for corruption, (a lot more to do yet of course) so I can see good future investing in .tel on top of that Medellin the second biggest city in Colombia with a population of 2.5 millions won the price as the most innovate city in the world 2013 beating New York and Tel avi read a report here: http://online.wsj.com/ad/cityoftheyear and because of that price in couple months over 20 big companies around the world are moving office to Medellin, and according to the Medellin authority every day they get phone calls from more companies asking questions regarding tax etc.

So future I could have in Colombia with .tel too. 

Regards

http://movie.tel[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-05-2013 12:44 PM




That's how Name works, commission only on first sale.
Mark

cougar08-05-2013 04:55 PM




http://www.TelTalk.org is now set to redirect to http://www.DomainForum.us

Looks potentially interesting - the newest registered user is kprobe - Mark Kolb I presume ?

PS. Looks like Name.com has also joined as user TechFreak - see http://www.domainforum.us/t193-affor...ins-at-namecom

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-05-2013 10:12 PM




Yes, want to follow along. Look at the whois record for domainforum.us, hasn't been around much. Look at who the first user is. Interesting perhaps.
Mark

cougar08-05-2013 10:23 PM




@kprobe - apart from yourself I certainly recognise a few user names from http://www.TelTalk.org who have now registered on http://www.DomainForum.us !

supercyberheroes08-05-2013 11:14 PM




Quote:



Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 27310)
Yes, want to follow along. Look at the whois record for domainforum.us, hasn't been around much. Look at who the first user is. Interesting perhaps.
Mark



[size]
Interesting the same may be I will look to log in with movie.tel before they not allow domain business as username.

regards[/size]

cougar08-08-2013 10:23 PM




There is a new post today on TelTalk entitled Forum lockdown and reopening - but unfortunately you can't read it becauseTelTalk is still locked !

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)08-09-2013 12:33 PM




You can partially read it through their RSS feed: http://www.teltalk.org/feed
Mark

cougar08-09-2013 12:53 PM




Quote:



Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 27322)
You can partially read it through their RSS feed: http://www.teltalk.org/feed
Mark



[size]
Thanks Mark - although as you say you can't read the whole post, only the initial part quoted in the RSS feed.

Not usually much point though in reading part of a post, so I think I'll use http://www.domainforum.us/f47-tel as my "independent" source of .tel info ![/size]

cougar08-10-2013 02:03 PM




http://www.TelTalk.org is back online - but unfortunately it's in READ ONLY mode !

So you can read what's been said in the past - the old "controversial" posts still appear to be there - but you are not permitted to add any comment yourself or start any new topic !

It looks like http://www.domainforum.us/f47-tel is the best option now for "independent" .tel posting.

    Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 11:36 am