WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

One Vancouver

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

One Vancouver

Post by Telnic on Wed 31 Dec 2014, 6:20 pm

mikeseaton09-05-2010 05:48 PM

One Vancouver

Here is a superb example of how a city has embraced the Dot Tel concept:

http://www.One-Vancouver.com

http://OneVancouver.tel

Are there any other similar city sites ?

Mike Seaton

Cees09-05-2010 08:55 PM

Hi Mike,
They have been very proactive, obviously some very switched on people driving this, do you have any info on their objective of, Quote- "One Vancouver’s goal is to distribute 25,000 .TEL names in Greater Vancouver before 2010". Unquote.

mikeseaton09-05-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 10847)
...do you have any info on their objective of, Quote- "One Vancouver’s goal is to distribute 25,000 .TEL names in Greater Vancouver before 2010". Unquote.

[size]
Hi Cees,

I don't know if they made the 25,000 target this year - but even if they achieved 50% of this that would still be a very significant achievement.

Vancouver is such a great city - been there a couple of times and really enjoyed it.

Mike Seaton[/size]

Cees09-07-2010 12:10 PM

Well worth reading

Mike, I sent an email to one of the people behind the push for One Vancouver.tel, Mr Matthew Lane answered my request, the following forms the main part of the question I put to him, "Is there someone in your organisation able to give some idea of the total .tel names registered in the "One Vancouver" initiative"
He has kindly given his permission to post his reply (below) on the Telnic Forum, it makes interesting and encouraging reading.

Hi Cees
Thanks for getting in touch. I know there are quite a few active .tel holders in Australia and it’s good to hear from you.
As you may know, One Vancouver is the umbrella for a number of initiatives in the local area. The idea being that if we get a lot of local users, there’s a greater likelihood of bumping into someone else with a .tel and being able to exchange them. We believe that actively using .tel is the best way to spread the word.
It’s difficult to determine numbers as while the initiative was instigated by Webnames.ca it was always intended to be non-partisan. We know a lot of people that have heard the radio advertising or seen the billboards and registered their names through other registrars. The overall numbers are still a fair way off our lofty goal but certainly in the thousands and there is a healthy and vibrant community of .tel users. A lot of people have their .tel on their business cards and use Hornet or Superbook regularly.
One of the most interesting stories to come out of One Vancouver so far is the .TEL Meetup (http://www.meetup.com/dotTel/) which meets monthly. This is a local, non-registrar initiative with an ever growing membership. It has recently started to be streamed live so that interested parties from around the globe can listen in and participate. There’s a meeting this Friday I believe.
I would certainly encourage you to get something going in your own community. We see .TEL as a long term technology. It may not be sexy like some technologies, but it absolutely has the potential to revolutionize the way we connect. It’s a long road, but a grass roots approach combined with top down initiatives from Telnic will get us to those critical adoption numbers faster. Do let us know if there’s anything we can do to help.
Regards
Matt

mikeseaton09-07-2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cees (Post 10880)
We see .TEL as a long term technology. It may not be sexy like some technologies, but it absolutely has the potential to revolutionize the way we connect. It’s a long road, but a grass roots approach combined with top down initiatives from Telnic will get us to those critical adoption numbers faster.

[size]
Totally agree - that's a very good summary by Matt Lane of the current situation.

Mike Seaton[/size]

aliencafe09-08-2010 12:51 AM

Mike, good post on One-Vancouver.

I would like to put out a reminder, that the sister site to OneVancouver is www.One-Sanfrancisco.com

Webnames did a great job in partnering with a few dottel enthusiasts to help develop the site.

Regards

mikeseaton09-16-2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aliencafe (Post 10891)
Mike, good post on One-Vancouver.

I would like to put out a reminder, that the sister site to OneVancouver is www.One-Sanfrancisco.com

Webnames did a great job in partnering with a few dottel enthusiasts to help develop the site.

[size]
It's good to see San Francisco following the lead of www.One-Vancouver.com - I did wonder about One-London's availability as a domain name but note that http://www.One-London.com and http://www.OneLondon.com are both taken and used.

Mike Seaton[/size]

aliencafe09-16-2010 11:03 PM

how about one-uk.com or one-europe.com

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:25 am