WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

TEL Gift Cards in UK

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

TEL Gift Cards in UK

Post by Telnic on Thu 01 Jan 2015, 1:32 pm

mikeseaton08-29-2011 01:19 AM

TEL Gift Cards in UK

Whenever I go into a supermarket in the UK there is always a large board with a huge array of gift cards that can be purchased - yesterday I noticed that in addition to the iTunes ones there are now also Facebook gift cards.

Why are there no gift cards for .tel domains on display? I remember that it was talked about a couple of years ago but nothing has actually happened.

Surely this is an opportunity for UK registrars?

Mike Seaton

Cedric08-29-2011 01:15 PM

tel gift card

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 17111)
Why are there no gift cards for .tel domains on display?

[size]
you mean something like the following?

http://www.webnames.ca/images/wn4/telcard_examples.jpg

http://www.webnames.ca/tel/giftcard/default.aspx
http://www.webnames.ca/tel/giftcard/...rdProgram.aspx
 [/size]

telrific08-29-2011 04:31 PM

Available and Shipping Worldwide For Over a Year Now !

www.telgiftcard.com

:cool:

mikeseaton08-29-2011 06:11 PM

Good to see that they are available online from Webnames in Canada, but that's really preaching to the converted !

What I would like to see is them in UK supermarkets, where millions shop, so that people who buy iTunes gift cards etc. also have the .tel idea put in front of them at the point of sale.

I believe studies have shown that most people need to see an advert 7 times for something they are not familiar with before they consider purchasing it.

I'm just interested in getting "Joe Public" firstly to be aware of .tel and then buy into the idea. TEL Gift Cards at UK supermarkets could be one of the many ways this is achieved - but action has to be taken urgently to create mass public awareness !

Mike Seaton

telrific08-29-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeseaton (Post 17118)
Good to see that they are available online from Webnames in Canada, but that's really preaching to the converted !

What I would like to see is them in UK supermarkets, where millions shop, so that people who buy iTunes gift cards etc. also have the .tel idea put in front of them at the point of sale.

I believe studies have shown that most people need to see an advert 7 times for something they are not familiar with before they consider purchasing it.

I'm just interested in getting "Joe Public" firstly to be aware of .tel and then buy into the idea. TEL Gift Cards at UK supermarkets could be one of the many ways this is achieved - but action has to be taken urgently to create mass public awareness !

Mike Seaton

[size]

Absolutely agree !

That's why we have them available in quantities of 100 at wholesale for retailers.

Display/Retail price is $19.99 USD and wholesale price at 100 is $14.99 each.

That's $5 profit per sale and 25% profit.

:)[/size]

Current date/time is Fri 17 Nov 2017, 4:17 pm