WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

TelHolland.nl

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

TelHolland.nl

Post by Telnic on Thu 01 Jan 2015, 3:27 pm

dutchstreetdog12-21-2012 11:38 PM

TelHolland.nl

Yes boys
I was thinking a long time about a good name for a mothersite
I followed TelIreland for my mothersite and segured
www.TelHolland.nl And www.Telholland.com
Just to lett you boys now !
And i also would sugjest that members with lots of Geo domains for a surten country do the same !
So mabey TelAmerica TelAustralia TelEngland TelPoland TelRussia TelSrilanka etc etc etc
Check it And segure your name !

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)12-22-2012 01:03 AM

Yes, good idea. I got TelHomes.com awhile ago as a hub for a specific vertical. TelCars.com looks available. 
Mark

tony mayo12-22-2012 01:36 PM

@dutchstreetdog thanks for positive comments.

TELIreland is punching well above its weight and in most cases if you search for a particular directory in Google it trumps the .tel domain - not to mention a couple of the big heavier hitters in the directory world.

It's a Joomla site which is a powerful and stable CMS, but it is not at all intutive and unless you have some experience or are willing to put the time in to learn how it works avoid Joomla.

Joomla is more suited to news and blog sites. I have made the best of it with modules but there are too many limitiations - square pegs in round holes etc.

So I would advise you look at WordPress when you start developing the TELHolland.nl website. It's also much easier to make changes to the coding in WP to tweak a theme to your needs.

However, the bespoke .com websites coded by Mark, TelCp and dottelnet are far superior in terms of flexibility as a showcase for a .tel porftolio; for forms, and later for adding a payment system etc. Indeed there could well be an opportunity for a .com template development here in the longer term for pro-tel directory builders.

In the meantime for or non-programmers like us Joomla or WP are the best options for now.

The best of luck with your TELHolland project in 2013.

dutchstreetdog12-22-2012 05:48 PM

Thank you Tony
For the purpese its having, i think your site looks (one of the) best
You just offer listings, and that looks good and all easy to find for the people

Telmaster and dottel have multifunctional site's and are more complicated
Telcp is a complete different Story

Current date/time is Fri 17 Nov 2017, 4:09 pm