WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Mask your email address on any .tel page

Alex
Admin

Warning level : 100 %
Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
owner "tel.community" instead!

Re: Mask your email address on any .tel page

Post by Alex on Fri 11 Jan 2013, 1:59 pm

maxi wrote:Does anybody use this service now? A half of a year passed over fom the last post here, and I just wanted to read feedbacks, is it worth to use it?
Maxi,

This service is designed very well and works fast and reliable.

More important it is the best option to avoid spam in the most effective way and at the same time to allow all prospects to contact the website owner per e-mail.

Anybody who wants to avoid spam should use this application.

I don't know anything better!

It would be nice if a contact form like this would be integrated directly into .tel domains in the future.

Alex

I have left TelTalk.org. Please contact the new forum owner tel.community instead!

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Fri 11 Jan 2013, 2:20 pm

TelTalk, thank you!

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Fri 11 Jan 2013, 4:04 pm

My first feedback for the owner of the service: at page https://www.telmailbox.com/owners/login.php at top right side at the button "Register" a letter "e" is missed.

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Fri 11 Jan 2013, 4:38 pm

Interesting, what will be, if I will make one such "hidden email address", and after that simply copy that URL and put it to another my TELs via Telhosting Panel?

The name of that TEL mentioned there will be different, but the work will be easier to done.

Post by TelFan on Fri 11 Jan 2013, 8:50 pm

maxi wrote:Interesting, what will be, if I will make one such "hidden email address", and after that simply copy that URL and put it to another my TELs via Telhosting Panel?

The name of that TEL mentioned there will be different, but the work will be easier to done.
I won't recommend it, because people who want to send you a message will be confused about the labeled .tel.

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Sat 12 Jan 2013, 10:14 pm

I decided that it would be better instead of a link to that hidden email-address to do a picture with an explanation that it is my email. I wrote "If you want contact me, please, click on this picture and then you will be able to write me a message".

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Sun 13 Jan 2013, 2:05 pm

I made this banner for hidden email. May I ask forum members whose native language is English, will be the text understandable for people - in that they need first to click on that banner and next to write there a message?
NewYorkCity
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by NewYorkCity on Sun 13 Jan 2013, 4:01 pm

maxi wrote:I made this banner for hidden email. May I ask forum members whose native language is English, will be the text understandable for people - in that they need first to click on that banner and next to write there a message?
It's very nice. Here only an idea for improvement:
Contact me / us:
Please click on this banner and send us your e-mail address and message in the new window. We will reply to your e-mail address as soon as possible.

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Sun 13 Jan 2013, 6:50 pm

NewYorkCity wrote:It's very nice. Here only an idea for improvement:
Contact me / us:
Please click on this banner and send us your e-mail address and message in the new window. We will reply to your e-mail address as soon as possible.
NewYorkCity, thank you very much! The new banner I decided to do in the color of buttons in "Retro"-template:

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 10:03 am

I began to think that it may sound too much personal.

May it be something like this:
Contacts:
For contacting us, please click on this banner and send us your message with your e-mail address in the new window. We will reply as soon as possible.

or:

Contacts:
For sending us a message, please click here and write your message in the mailbox. We will reply as soon as possible.

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 4:53 pm

I decided that this button need be compatible with 'Retro Template" ans so I did it in the style of that template buttons. I am not sure that after my amendments it is still a good English, but I hope that in case it is not, somebody will correct me.

By the way, if you like that button, you are free to use it on your TELs. Copy the link and it is yours. It is made without background color and so it could fit everythere.

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 7:16 pm

I put that banner with "mailbox" on my Portretas_tel. I put at the top right side and at the bottom also. For me it now looks better than it was earlier, when it was text on the simple piece of color.

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by TELcp on Mon 14 Jan 2013, 11:58 pm

maxi wrote:I put that banner with "mailbox" on my Portretas_tel. I put at the top right side and at the bottom also. For me it now looks better than it was earlier, when it was text on the simple piece of color.

Glad you found "telMailBox" useful to you.
Many .tel owners use it.

We were following this conversation.
But did not want to interfere, and influence with our own suggestions.

However, we recommend you to use "telMailBox" as a record.
If you use it as a "Tia" (banner) or "TextAd", then there is a chance of losing it on the tel page in case the visitor uses Ad Blockers.

Our request to Telnic to introduce the "telMailBox" icon (Which is being used at www.telmailbox.com) in their approved icon list was NOT accepted. They think differently. If it was accepted and approved, visitors would straight away recognise the record as the default "MailBox" just by spotting the "unique icon".

FYI, the "telMailBox can be used either through www.telcp.com or directly from www.telmailbox.com.
TELcp customers do not need to open a new user account at www.telmailbox.com. They can access "telMaiBox" feature through their TELcp tel Owner's Account.

Post by Boracay on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 1:02 am

TELcp wrote:
Our request to Telnic to introduce the "telMailBox" icon (Which is being used at www.telmailbox.com) in their approved icon list was NOT accepted. They think differently. If it was accepted and approved, visitors would straight away recognise the record as the default "MailBox" just by spotting the "unique icon".

I can only ever recall 1 service that made it into the icon list. It was a .tel verification service, perhaps you could contact them and use the same pitch?

www.boracay.tel (a directory of "resorts") voted world's number 1 island resort destination of 2012
www.bali.tel (a directory of "resorts") voted world's number 2 island resort destination of 2012
TELcp
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by TELcp on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 1:45 am

Boracay wrote:
TELcp wrote:

I can only ever recall 1 service that made it into the icon list. It was a .tel verification service, perhaps you could contact them and use the same pitch?

We were aware of it.
Most probably followed the same procedure.
But NOT accepted (Of course, Telnic gave reasons for not approving it).
Unfortunately, anything good for the .tel Owners/Users may not be good or good enough for them.

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ntervu on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 4:31 am

Team...

I don't think that it's a question about "what is good enough for Telnic". As a "Global" business entity they are responsible for governance and due diligence for an entire Global customer base. 3rd party adoption is difficult with "ANY" business.

Would Microsoft adopt it? Would Godaddy accept it? Would Verisign accept?

We don't know because no one has knocked on the doors. So why expect Telnic to do for us what others in there industry are not?

To much liability, difference in styles, and the list goes on. When it comes down to email communication and anything dealing with messaging, a plethora of laws and loopholes loom from country to country exist.

I suggest that we continue to deploy our ideas in the form of 3rd party services and "over time" determine what works best and is publicly acceptable to a "Non" Telcentric ecosystem.

We are in a great position to develop, test and gain feedback from a dedicated user base. Let's continue to develop and support each other.

Respectfully,

Dan Prather
www.danprather.tel

TELcp
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by TELcp on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 4:53 am

We do not promote "telMailBox".
It was created to meet customer needs.
It is something that Telnic themselves should have created for the benefit of all .tel Owners.
Adding an icon (of a 3rd party) to recognise a service/feature by users would not have affected their business or their discipline of corporate/technology governance.

It is up to the .tel Owners to decide whether it is suitable for their telpages.

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Tue 15 Jan 2013, 9:46 am

TELcp wrote:However, we recommend you to use "telMailBox" as a record.
If you use it as a "Tia" (banner) or "TextAd", then there is a chance of losing it on the tel page in case the visitor uses Ad Blockers.
TELcp, thanks! It is really a very valuable suggestion. I will add also "conventional" record for contacts.

TELcp wrote:Our request to Telnic to introduce the "telMailBox" icon (Which is being used at www.telmailbox.com ) in their approved icon list was NOT accepted. ... If it was accepted and approved, visitors would straight away recognise the record as the default "MailBox" just by spotting the "unique icon"..
May be the solution here could be if Telnic would made it possible for TEL user to add any icons he likes from telhosting panel.

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Wed 16 Jan 2013, 5:52 pm

In a TEL with big picture and with additional banners-buttons for easier navigation, Retro-template N2 looks enough professional: TEL in Russian lang.

That template has one big shortcoming: when cursor is placed on buttons or on descriptions (texts with letters of violet color close to the buttons), the cursor shows but it should show "a palm with index finger" . That misleads visitors.

Telnic, please, make that simple thing!

It would be much better to make highlighting on these buttons but for the beginning that "a palm with index finger" can be also good.

By the way, where it is better to host images? On my own site, as I did now, or at a free image storing service? I have suspition, that image storing service is quicker then my COM site. But my own site is safer? of course.

Post by TelFan on Thu 17 Jan 2013, 6:08 am

maxi wrote:By the way, where it is better to host images? On my own site, as I did now, or at a free image storing service? I have suspition, that image storing service is quicker then my COM site. But my own site is safer? of course.
I guess that depends on the server speed of your hosting service.
Expert
Insider
Insider

Post by Expert on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:35 pm

After implementing the tool from Telmailbox you have to check your spam folder regularly, because received messages will appear with the individual subject and sender address.
Most messages using this service will end up in your spam folder and most commonly used spam filter can't set up a general rule for them.
Tim Spears

Post by Tim Spears on Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:58 pm

Expert wrote:most commonly used spam filter can't set up a general rule for them.
Hotmail can't, but Googlemail and others can.
TELcp
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by TELcp on Thu 27 Mar 2014, 6:33 am

Still plenty of untapped opportunities in .email extension.
Especially for those who were interested in .tel based email services using surnames.

Some great surnames are still available although the top most surnames are already gone (few of them have been purchased at premium prices during the beginning of Landrush. This means price tags above $10000).

Cheers!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 10:49 pm