WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Tomorrow probably the most famous .tel domain until today will drop

Share

JH
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-04-29
Posts : 125 Points : 2610
Reputation : 26
Warning level : 100 %

Tomorrow probably the most famous .tel domain until today will drop

Post by JH on Sun 29 Jul 2012, 2:43 pm

avatar
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Location : Dorset UK
Join date : 2012-06-11
Posts : 2185 Points : 44251
Reputation : 824
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Tomorrow probably the most famous .tel domain until today will drop

Post by mikeseaton on Sun 29 Jul 2012, 4:55 pm

"SOS1.tel is probably the most ambitious .tel site ever created so far," explained Francois Amigorena, founder of KFA Technologies. "It gathers the emergency phone numbers of 134 countries worldwide and takes full advantage of the competitive edges of .tel technology."
Really surprised that this power user should give up on http://SOS1.tel

A huge amount of work went in to creating this very useful service - having done all the work the owner then decides to let this memorable .tel expire !

Domain Investors abandoning .tel, Software Developers abandoning.tel, now Power Users abandoning .tel !

http://Kash.tel - are you listening to people voting with their feet - something has to change PDQ !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
avatar
Rambo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 143 Points : 2776
Reputation : 21
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Tomorrow probably the most famous .tel domain until today will drop

Post by Rambo on Sun 29 Jul 2012, 5:20 pm

mikeseaton wrote:http://Kash.tel - are you listening to people voting with their feet - something has to change PDQ !
I doubt Khashayar Mahdavi is following the internet discussion on his company. Shouldn’t anybody try to speak with him directly and wake him up?

fustachio.tel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Gender : Male
Age : 34
Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 415 Points : 9284
Reputation : 140
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Tomorrow probably the most famous .tel domain until today will drop

Post by fustachio.tel on Sun 29 Jul 2012, 6:02 pm

Services come and go, for end users only the data matters and honestly it doesn't need to be under the SOS1 brand URL or even run by him, someone else can and will do it if he no longer has the will towards it, and because of the fact .tel can be integrated into the handset operating system the end user doesn't even need to know what URL the data comes from..
..
.tel is an equal opportunities data repository, you say "Tomorrow probably the most famous .tel domain until today will drop" I say "Tomorrow a once famous .tel domain will drop and another better service through .tel will take its place".
..
After all one mans drop is another mans opportunity, but don't fight over a carcass theres plenty of space to build a similar data service on your own.
avatar
Tel
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-04-28
Posts : 162 Points : 3953
Reputation : 53
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Tomorrow probably the most famous .tel domain until today will drop

Post by Tel on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 8:09 am

fustachio.tel wrote:Services come and go, for end users only the data matters and honestly it doesn't need to be under the SOS1 brand URL or even run by him, someone else can and will do it if he no longer has the will towards it
Maybe you're right! A lot of .tel participants have lost their faith; but that doesn't count as long enough customers will come in the future.
fustachio.tel wrote:because of the fact .tel can be integrated into the handset operating system the end user doesn't even need to know what URL the data comes from.
The name of a domain (the URL) will be very critical when receiving data, because the user will need an unique identifier.
fustachio.tel wrote:After all one mans drop is another mans opportunity, but don't fight over a carcass theres plenty of space to build a similar data service on your own.
Yes, all complaining doesn't bring anything, because Telnic have shown they will go their own way without any good advice from the outside. They try their thing and they will succeed or they will fail. It would be possible to improve the future outcome significant, but it's clear Telnic is not willing to do this at the moment.
The conclusion is any investment into .tel is a lottery for the time being. If Telnic continue like today all money will be wasted; but if Telnic will increase their activities in the future or some surprising development will happen, .tel can still rule the internet. But we can't count on that since Telnic don't talk to us anymore.
avatar
kprobe
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-05-11
Posts : 196 Points : 4377
Reputation : 59
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Tomorrow probably the most famous .tel domain until today will drop

Post by kprobe on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 10:31 am

Personally I think keeping comments positive will bring a better reaction from Telnic. People reading this forum will get the wrong impression about Tel. And we all know Telnic doesn't respond to negative commentary unless totally absurd or defamatory. I and many others have successful .tels developed and continue to develop more despite some needed enhancements. That is what should be talked about. Criticism is fine, but also make concrete suggestions on the benefits of a change and things are likely to happen.
Mark


JH
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-04-29
Posts : 125 Points : 2610
Reputation : 26
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Tomorrow probably the most famous .tel domain until today will drop

Post by JH on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 2:55 pm

sos1.tel has been snapped immediately after dropping! Congratulation to the new owner! Perhaps we will see a similar directory on this domain soon!
avatar
TelFan
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-05-31
Posts : 290 Points : 7985
Reputation : 82
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Tomorrow probably the most famous .tel domain until today will drop

Post by TelFan on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 3:34 pm

kprobe wrote:Personally I think keeping comments positive will bring a better reaction from Telnic. People reading this forum will get the wrong impression about Tel. And we all know Telnic doesn't respond to negative commentary unless totally absurd or defamatory. I and many others have successful .tels developed and continue to develop more despite some needed enhancements. That is what should be talked about. Criticism is fine, but also make concrete suggestions on the benefits of a change and things are likely to happen.
Mark
Signed!
avatar
TelFan
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-05-31
Posts : 290 Points : 7985
Reputation : 82
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Tomorrow probably the most famous .tel domain until today will drop

Post by TelFan on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 3:37 pm

JH wrote:sos1.tel has been snapped immediately after dropping! Congratulation to the new owner! Perhaps we will see a similar directory on this domain soon!
To take advantage of the marketing for this domain from the past it is important to develop it quickly again, otherwise it will lose its value soon.
And it should be very easy to do this by just collecting the emergency numbers from the most important countries in the world.
Within only one working day a very helpful .tel would be recreated!

JH
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-04-29
Posts : 125 Points : 2610
Reputation : 26
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Tomorrow probably the most famous .tel domain until today will drop

Post by JH on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 7:02 pm

The folders are already under development; only the contact entries are missing at this moment.

Sponsored content

Re: Tomorrow probably the most famous .tel domain until today will drop

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sat 24 Jun 2017, 8:08 pm