WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Poll -do we want Telnic's logo on our sites?

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Post by Telnic on Fri 02 Jan 2015, 11:53 am

View Poll Results: Do we like / dislike to have Telnic's logo as default at our TELs?
I need Telnic's logo at my TEL939.13%
I do not want to have Telnic's logo at my TEL939.13%
Have no opinion.14.35%
It is the same for me and ther is no difference do I have that logo or not417.39%
Voters: 23. This poll is closed

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Re: Poll -do we want Telnic's logo on our sites?

maximka01-28-2011 11:55 PM

---------- deleted for privacy because of forum migration ---------

tindaya01-29-2011 12:04 AM

I like the logo, because the people will know that the web is serious and it isn´t spam.

libros
tdah

teltheworld01-29-2011 12:07 AM

Hi Maximka

I definitely do not want that logo appearing on my .Tels it should be an 'Opt in' only for those who want it.

maximka01-29-2011 12:10 AM

Shahid01-29-2011 12:35 PM

i would not want tel logo either because if .tel is mine, it should show what i want

Bunjie01-29-2011 01:47 PM

I wouldn't see it as that big a deal but I suppose it could be optional I don't mind because if I'm using it I want friends/family/associate's to be able to quickly see what technology it's built on and click to buy their own so by driving up the value of mine.

But I also would not mind being able to theme the logo with an underlay back .png for instance on my http://machinima.tel one it would be cool to be able to put a image behind it so it looks like a camera hole.

Or on my other so it's encapsulated in a gear, or on my primary held in a paw grip that uses alpha to make it look cool so it blends into a theme, but I can understand how .tel would want to retain their brand "style" and not have it modified too much.

Simon G01-29-2011 07:10 PM

I voted for
Quote:

I need Telnic's logo at my TEL

[size]
While I think my stance may change to wanting it optional in the future. When people notice the .tel in the url bar. My reasons for voting as such are I think we need it just now. 

To me a .tel logo on the page is about gaining acceptance of a brand, building trust (that the site should be secure) and providing understanding that what they are looking at is not a normal webpage. (cue some ones comment on another thread that people found a companys .tel and thought it was a website from the 90's that had never been touched.) Hopefully the .tel logo on page will stop as many people from thinking this.

The logo will hopefully help .tel gain popularity to progress into a main stream communication tool. 

It is not on the mobile proxy and has the option to link or not link to .tel. So the only time this will affect viewers is when they are on a large screen.

Of course I can understand where others are coming from and appreciate my agenda is most likely different to others.[/size]

dialaroom01-29-2011 09:05 PM

The uniqueness of a .tel is what first attracted me to it, having the logo is the only way left of telling people instantly that it is a .tel if you discount the navigation toolbar. I for one say keep it, ok you can turn the link off.

It seems that from the outset all we have done is ask for the .tel to be more like a .com. 

If you want a .com or other hosted tld then get one. You can then start with a blank page and have whatever you want on it.

I was happy with a single unique template "a sort of .tel uniform". I fear we may be straying from the original concept, making it even harder to sell what is original and unique and making us just another generic tld, destined to be an also ran, or as most are becoming, just placeholders for Google ads and sponsored links.

You may disagree and you probably will, but before you do, think about what first attraced your attentions to .tel

Blunderer01-29-2011 09:48 PM

Because it's different.

Yes!

Kartoshka01-30-2011 12:09 AM

default template, yes. 
custom one, not necessarily. or better leave user an option for.

i can hardly see any reason for any commercial organization to advertise on it's own property anybody else, even platform provider.

Cees01-30-2011 02:22 AM

Steve from dialaroom,
Thanks for stating your position it saves me the trouble of writing.
My position is and will remain to be exactly as you state.
In case the above is not clear, I'm in favour of keeping the logo.

Simon G01-30-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

i can hardly see any reason for any commercial organization to advertise on it's own property anybody else, even platform provider.

[size]
Kartoshka, I agree this is exactly why I feel in the future it may be good for it to be optional.[/size]

teltheworld01-30-2011 03:03 PM

It's not so much the logo I object to but really more about where it is placed on my page IMHO the powered by .Tel logo placed where it is, does nothing to enhance the design and just looks really distracting.

If the original Purple .Tel logo was placed at Top left or Top Center of the .Tel page I think it might actually help to enhance the design.

So perhaps the real question ought to be: How many would be in favor of the original logo being moved up to the Top.

Cees01-30-2011 07:13 PM

Those opposing the continued inclusion of the .Tel logo are starting to make me waiver. 
If Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana etc, etc, and all Automobile makers remove all their brand emblems or at least move them to the underside of the cars, we should then consider the removal of the reviled .Tel logo:)

Bunjie01-30-2011 07:24 PM

well what about having the powered by as a side or bottom drop out, like a pull out tab but that hides the .tel logo behind our avatar pics so if someone wants to look whats "powering it behind" they click it like we do with Google maps and it drops open. Or they click it and our avatar pic changes from our logo/avatar to the .tel logo. powered by?

http://furpunk.com/img/poweredby.png

Or on mouse hover over it changes our logo to .tel logo temp.

Blunderer01-30-2011 07:57 PM

I have just included the hyphenated version of my art and craft directory in the signature area below.

I changed the backgrounds to match on both versions (I don't like the colour, either), but used different templates.

With the traditional template on nationalartandcraft (option 2), the .tel logo does not look intrusive or distracting, and conveys the impression of being part of something greater. It sits well on that template and does not, I'm pleased to say, have "Powered by" obove it, in a text which matches no other.

The national-art-and-craft version is a mess. The .tel logo position is intrusive in that position, and the "Powered by" script is irrelevant because it means nothing to the man in the street.

I think it's important to reinforce that they are .tel sites by including the logo, but if it could be an option, so much the better (I will still use it though).

Templates 1, 3, 4, and 5 (can't remember if there are six) might be improved if the .tel logo was resized to that in option 2, and moved to the end of the title field/box - below "Manage". Bin the powered by text.

While I'm here, can I also suggest that any new template includes the option to turn the shading in the title box off, and allows colour matching of the link fields. The shading is really annoying me. The inability to select the colour of the link fields is just annoying.

And now the title text seems to have stopped resizing!!

teltheworld01-30-2011 08:31 PM

Hi Blunderer

While the Traditional 'Classic' Template looks pretty good with your .Tels as they also include the 'Classic' .Tel logo.

The new designs were I assume supposed to be a step forward and look a bit more contemporary and a bit more cutting edge (which often means less is more) and IMHO the less uncluttered and simplistic the better.

While I have no objection to the 'Classic' .Tel logo being positioned center or preferably Top left, the 'Powered by .Tel' logo is IMHO just plainly annoying stuck right where it is, in a space that could be used for me to add my own content.

By all means have a logo right at the Top of the Template but the rest of the page should be for my own use.

Does anyone else have an opinion on that?

spline01-30-2011 09:34 PM

When a company is on Facebook, you can see that it is a facebook page.
If you are on YP, you will clearly see its a YP page and not a ordinary webpage.

I also think the people need to understand that .telpages are the only different top level domain in the world.

However I can also understand people who do not want it.

maximka01-30-2011 11:20 PM

dottel01-31-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spline (Post 12442)
When a company is on Facebook, you can see that it is a facebook page.

[size]
I believe this is the wrong comparison, .tel is a TLD and facebook is a social networking website..it's like comparing apples to shoes (yes that's right there is a huge difference between these two)

Quote:
[/size]

If you are on YP, you will clearly see its a YP page and not a ordinary webpage.

[size]
Again, you do not own YP it only list you company/brand contact info.

Quote:
[/size]

I also think the people need to understand that .telpages are the only different top level domain in the world.

[size]
People who understand that it's not a free to use extension and those who clearly understand the difference between a TLD and Social Network website wants to have more control on what to publish on their website. They want to have a opt-in/opt-out or on/off option for these kind of things..

So the owner of the TLD can decide whether to activate or deactivate such logos. This is a very meaningful and sensible request.[/size]
Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

dottel01-31-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dialaroom (Post 12408)
The uniqueness of a .tel is what first attracted me to it, having the logo is the only way left of telling people instantly that it is a .tel if you discount the navigation toolbar. I for one say keep it, ok you can turn the link off.

[size]
Having a .tel logo does not make it different
Having it usable in practical world makes it unique and the technology it's built on.

The .TEL extension itself makes it unique and does not require a logo to differentiate it from other extensions.

Quote:
[/size]

It seems that from the outset all we have done is ask for the .tel to be more like a .com.

[size]
Totally wrong, people are asking for an opt-in/opt-out option..
Not asking to change the extension from .tel to .com 

Quote:
[/size]

If you want a .com or other hosted tld then get one. You can then start with a blank page and have whatever you want on it.

[size]
many of us already own different TLDs already and clearly know what is what and how to use them.

Quote:
[/size]

I was happy with a single unique template "a sort of .tel uniform".

[size]
Not everyone wants to stick to a single template. A solution should be flexible enough in all usability aspects.

Quote:
[/size]

I fear we may be straying from the original concept, making it even harder to sell what is original and unique and making us just another generic tld, destined to be an also ran, or as most are becoming, just placeholders for Google ads and sponsored links.

[size]
You are correct in one way, i.e, people believed that one can actually dial a .tel from any mobile without a third party software/app

and yes Telnic might be straying from the orignial concept but to let this TLD live it requires actual end users. These end users or the owners need more control and customisation.

I strongly believe when .tel achieve to get the .tel extension a dialiable from any mobile then no one would actually bother about templates anymore..

But at the moment the main source of the traffic to a .tel is via the established search engines.

Quote:
[/size]

You may disagree and you probably will, but before you do, think about what first attraced your attentions to .tel

[size]
The first thing that attracted me to .Tel is "Oh wow! people can dial a .tel with any mobile phone without a thirdparty software (as not all mobiles have the ability to install softwares/apps)".

Cheers[/size]

dialaroom01-31-2011 11:12 AM

I for one am proud to have the .tel logo on my .tel projects, but the poll results suggest that it should be an on/off choice.

I would have no objections to this, would anyone object to it being on by default?

With such a huge amount of .tels empty and for sale at least that will give some value to the .tel community.

DirectoryDan02-03-2011 08:26 AM

I think that until .Tel gets better known in the marketplace the logo should remain. If .Tel gets better name recognition it benefits us all. I consider it just a small ad that ultimately helps sell my .Tel directory listings.

dottel02-03-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirectoryDan (Post 12514)
I think that until .Tel gets better known in the marketplace the logo should remain. If .Tel gets better name recognition it benefits us all. I consider it just a small ad that ultimately helps sell my .Tel directory listings.

[size]
May be until then .tel should be made as free reg?
It's about an option to enable/disable any such ads/links..let the owner decide whether to have it or not..

.Tel is either the same price as any average TLD price or even a bit more at some registrars..

It's all about the control over your website - what you want and what you dont want to display.[/size]

DirectoryDan02-03-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottel (Post 12516)
It's all about the control over your website - what you want and what you dont want to display.

[size]
Dottel, I certainly respect your opinion but let me ask you and the other folks who favor making the logo optional or removing it altogether to think about something. How many things do you own that have a manufacturer's logo on them? Probably almost everything! Did you pay MORE for any of these items because they were a brand name? Odds are, "yes". That's because the manufacturer has effectively established their brand in the marketplace. 

Right now .Tel desperately needs brand awareness. It's not like all the other TLDs, it's different and its new. That message needs to get out. Having the logo on the web page is just like having Nike on your shoes. It establishes brand awareness in the minds of those viewing the page. If the logo is totally removed from all sites we've just lost our best marketing tool, the product itself. If some .Tel websites have it showing and others do not the uniformity is gone. That's important too.

I invested a lot of money in getting some .Tel names early on and I'm very happy to give up that little bit of "control" in order to help my product build brand awareness. Their success becomes my success.[/size]

maximka02-03-2011 05:51 PM

teltheworld02-03-2011 10:49 PM

Maximka

Well done! with your Survey Poll but since opinions seem equally divided at the time of this posting, may I suggest another Poll?

Should the .Tel logo be moved from its currently very annoying (to me anyway) position. Smack Bang On My Page which I would like to reserve for 'My' Advertisements, to a more discreet location at the Top Left hand side of the Title Bar.

Given the choice I do not want it on there but in any event it should be OFF by default and so should the link.

Judging by the number of views, I feel the outcome could be of interest to quite a number of .Tel owners
so vote one way or the other or live with the result.

dottel02-04-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirectoryDan (Post 12527)
Dottel, I certainly respect your opinion

[size]
thank you and same here:)

Quote:
[/size]

but let me ask you and the other folks who favor making the logo optional or removing it altogether to think about something. How many things do you own that have a manufacturer's logo on them? Probably almost everything! Did you pay MORE for any of these items because they were a brand name? Odds are, "yes". That's because the manufacturer has effectively established their brand in the marketplace.

[size]
As I have already mentioned very clearly that one should not compare apples with shoes..both might be products/commodities but there is a big difference in a TLD and any other product.

Quote:
[/size]

Right now .Tel desperately needs brand awareness. It's not like all the other TLDs, it's different and its new. That message needs to get out. Having the logo on the web page is just like having Nike on your shoes. It establishes brand awareness in the minds of those viewing the page.

[size]
Yes .Tel desperately needs brand awareness, so there are many other right ways to do it than forcing a .tel owner with an unncessary logo/links.

Again, your comparison is soo wrong. TLD and a Shoe? lol

Quote:
[/size]

If the logo is totally removed from all sites we've just lost our best marketing tool, the product itself.

[size]
Unless you are from Telnic, no general/end-user/owner of the .Tel will not loose anything but gain control on what they put their money in..

Quote:
[/size]

If some .Tel websites have it showing and others do not the uniformity is gone. That's important too.

[size]
Uniformity should be in technology not in looks.
As I have already mentioned, if Telnic achieves what everyone believed earlier (dial .tel from any mobile without thirdparty apps) then people would not at all worry about the graphics.[/size]

dottel02-04-2011 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teltheworld (Post 12537)
Maximka

Well done! with your Survey Poll but since opinions seem equally divided at the time of this posting, may I suggest another Poll?

[size]
I do not think that would be necessary, the poll vote count may show 9 - 9 but there are some members who clearly accepted that they are not against to have an option to enable/disable the logo/link.

It's clear that majority of them have no issue in having an option to disable (if owner wants to)..[/size]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:02 pm