WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Seeing The Light With A TelPages Lead ?

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Post by Telnic on Fri 02 Jan 2015, 11:55 am

telrific03-15-2011 02:36 PM

I see Telnic has discovered the value of a book leading the pages with the Facebook notice !

http://telnic.org/community-landing.html

Maybe a TelPages.com focus soon ???

Chica04-10-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telrific (Post 13376)
I see Telnic has discovered the value of a book leading the pages with the Facebook notice !

http://telnic.org/community-landing.html

Maybe a TelPages.com focus soon ???

[size]
Facebook should be saying 'See our Telpage in Telpages'

:D[/size]

stel04-15-2011 04:14 AM

Not a bad idea to bring Telpages to Facebook unless you check the position of the domains below in Telpages. Do you see any rhyme or reason in their position based on their content or any other factors?
Bern.tel, Newyork.tel, Bucuresti.tel, Frankfurt.tel
When I search for “bern.tel”, “bucuresti.tel, etc in Telpages, ” bern.tel” and “bucuresti.tel” don’t show on the first page of Telpages, while NewYork.tel and Frankfurt.tel show despite no development whatsoever. Not many people would invest money to develop a good .tel directory for a major city based on what appears to be random search results in Telpages. It’s been a long time now since it’s been suggested on the forum to fix the Telpages before promoting it. Thank God for the other recent progress mentioned in the past week with .tel geolocation and the .telegraph, but surprisingly after all this time Telpages continues to be a weak point for Telnic…. 
Otherwise there seems to be some good progress with .tel overall, but it is despite Telpages and not because of it. After months of wondering only recently I (and based on recent discussions on the forum I assume other forum members) finally understood what the “Search this .tel” function picks up. And the forum members are the ones who have some interest in .tel…. The .tel experience has not been bad overall, but I don’t see any “light” with Telpages unless it is fixed to make some sense….
Speaking about digital global phone books, an interesting quote somewhat unrelated from:
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/04/14/troubletwitter/
“Not long after founding Facebook in his Harvard dorm room, CEO Mark Zuckerberg stopped talking about the company as a social site and started telling people he was building a digital phone book for the new millennium, and he never wavered from that grandiose vision.”

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-15-2011 04:46 AM

Telpages algorithms need a tweak or two, but it's not all about search. Telpages is the only resource for effective geo-location for tel domains. Its information is invaluable in placing tel on the map because it provides longitude and latitude for mapping.

So if you were to bring Tel to Facebook, make it visual. I've been slowing adding TelView to all my non-tel sites. When Telpages provides .tel sites that have a specific keyword within a radial search (it currently ignores radius), then you can add filters to Telview-like visualizations to show more specific tels by product, service, coupons and more.

With more visiblity, Tel domains can be the next generation digital phone book. If everyone with a .tel and a Facebook page added visualization to their pages (link or app), we can surely make an impact virally. I'm going to make an "app for that" - I need at least 5 people as "testers" to start an app. Who's in?

Mark

tony mayo04-15-2011 12:19 PM

Count me in.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-15-2011 12:26 PM

Facebook App for Tel

Thanks Tony,

I've got a basic framework done by repurposing a tel FB app I wrote 2 years ago but never released. I've haven't really used FB much since then but now I have a reason.

My Facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/vanity.urls for those who want to be a friend. I'll post a brief description of the app later today and anyone can contribute ideas for what it will contain. For now it will be a map of tels near the person logged in I hope. 

Mark

Gricetti04-15-2011 08:10 PM

.tel facebook app

I will test the Facebook app Mark.

Cees04-15-2011 09:18 PM

Mark,
Coming to you straight from the stone age.
I know there are huge benefits in using social media (especially RE .tel) but I I don't do Facebook or twitter etc, if there is another way I can help count me in as a tester as long as it's not too technical.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-15-2011 09:49 PM

Hey Cees. Right now it's only Facebook the app is for. But it is based on www.TelView.co so testing that helps.
Thx
Mark

telrific04-20-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 14153)
Telpages algorithms need a tweak or two, but it's not all about search. Telpages is the only resource for effective geo-location for tel domains. Its information is invaluable in placing tel on the map because it provides longitude and latitude for mapping.

So if you were to bring Tel to Facebook, make it visual ... If everyone with a .tel and a Facebook page added visualization to their pages (link or app)...
Mark

[size]
It is always about search first.

People go to Facebook, and search.
Then if they like what they see, they get a page.
Then if they want friends, they search, then add.

Location is but one aspect of any page in a master directory.

TelPages.com is the Facebook, a TelPage the Facebook Page, Friending the ability to publicly or privately share.

The difference ? Facebook started with the directory, the page, then the friending.

Sad part, it all belongs to Facebook. (www.certifiedregistrations.com)

Sedo COO was just interviewed last week and made the following statement:

“It’s your main online presence – you own it – so use it that way. Every time I see a company (or individual) promoting their Facebook or Twitter page in place of their own domain, I cringe.”

Any intelligent person would cringe.

You want viral + private ownership + social ... That's TelPages.com and .TEL ... Location included.

PeoplePlace.tel is a driver of the Facebook concept for .TEL
Van.tel is a better page than a facebook page, with many more options to add anything.

Facebook is just the MySpace of the day ... TelPages.com is forever.

;)[/size]

tindaya04-21-2011 11:01 PM

I´ll like to check it, too.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-22-2011 12:15 AM

To test the FB app, just make me a friend and I will add you as a tester of the app.
http://www.facebook.com/vanity.urls

Mark

tindaya04-22-2011 08:29 AM

In Facebook, I´m Valdeandemagico. I have received the application, but it doesn´t find my location, I live in the Canary Island (Spain political, Africa geografical). Where I must put the location, where I put my domain .tel?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-22-2011 11:37 AM

Tindaya, add a map entry to your .tel domain.
Mark

tindaya04-22-2011 12:23 PM

I have create a domain, josealfonso.tel with exactly my location. Now how I join josealfonso.tel with de account of facebook valdeandemagico, and "Tel on the map" find my location, or something similar.?

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-22-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tindaya (Post 14296)
I have create a domain, josealfonso.tel with exactly my location. Now how I join josealfonso.tel with de account of facebook valdeandemagico, and "Tel on the map" find my location, or something similar.?

[size]
If you just created the map, it takes 24 hours for Telpages to list it. Since Telview uses TP, the API is not returning your tel to it yet. I have asked Telnic for an immediate update feature in Telpages API but haven't heard back. (Nadya/Aled?)

To set a (different) location, there are two ways: Either make your map smaller and drag the marker to a location, or enter "Canary Islands" or "38300 Orotava, Spain" into the location field and press [Set Location]. Then press [Go] to map new tels. 

TelView finds 54 locations in the Canary Islands. Tomorrow should be 55.

Mark[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)04-22-2011 01:12 PM

TelView Facebook App

Happy to announce that Tel On The Map is now offically a FaceBook APP. Thread for Tel On The Map / Telview is here.

Mark

Current date/time is Fri 17 Nov 2017, 4:12 pm