WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

The meaning of .tel in technology!

Alex
Admin

Warning level : 100 %
Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
owner "tel.community" instead!

The meaning of .tel in technology!

Post by Alex on Mon 06 Aug 2012, 3:22 am

San Diego, California on Monday, 8th September 2008:
Telnic, the Registry Operator for the new .tel top level domain, gives a presentation of .tel unique features at DEMOfall exhibition.

I have left TelTalk.org. Please contact the new forum owner tel.community instead!
ixida

Re: The meaning of .tel in technology!

Post by ixida on Wed 08 Aug 2012, 12:36 pm

Justin said in this video all software from Telnic will be freely available and open source. Why no developer beside Telnic has ever created his own template?

Last edited by ixida on Wed 08 Aug 2012, 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Alex
Admin

Post by Alex on Wed 08 Aug 2012, 12:56 pm

ixida wrote:Why no developer beside Telnic has ever created his own template?
TelChina and Novaltel did!

Telnic has made it possible for registrars to host and maintain their own CTH and as such produce their own proxy variations.

But the problem is other external developers don't have direct access to the technical platform of Telnic. Here the guidelines for external developers:

The following general rules apply to new submissions:

1. All binary downloads, source code, scripts and documentation are stored in public SVN with open read access.
2. Bug reports, patches and suggestions are most welcome via the bug tracker.
3. Third-party contributions can be made as one-time donations or longer term support offers.
3.1. If you wish to donate code or documents as abandonware, just write to us.
3.2. If you wish to use the this community as a harness for further development, we can organize SVN write access for you.
4. Contributed code is governed by the accompanied license that can be found in that project's directory trunk. If no license is provided, the code is under the Telnic license plus any copyrights of the authors.
5. If you have rights to commit to SVN, please create a branch for the work you do.
6. The code in /trunk/ must always be buildable and perform all functions that the latest binary can perform.

So yes, everybody should be able to create a new template and submit it to Telnic for approval. I don't know if developers have tried this in the past.

Mark or Mike, do you know more about past activities? Perhaps you have even tried it yourself?

I have left TelTalk.org. Please contact the new forum owner tel.community instead!

Alex
Admin

Post by Alex on Wed 08 Aug 2012, 11:49 pm

Unfortunately this is not a common practice.

We can’t expect a developer to program only on the paper without access to the development system.

Otherwise external developers have to set up their own server environment as a copy from Telnic first.

If Telnic would allow .tel domain owners to participate, they certainly would deliver new templates quickly (in coordination with Telnic).

Telnic wouldn't need to program; they could just test the functionality and check the compliance of rules.

mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Thu 09 Aug 2012, 7:45 am

TelTalk wrote:If Telnic would allow .tel domain owners to participate, they certainly would deliver new templates quickly (in coordination with Telnic).

Telnic wouldn't need to program; they could just test the functionality and check the compliance of rules.
IMO there is no chance of this happening.

Not so much for technical reasons, but for the simple fact that everything points to the http://YourBusiness.tel style template from http://www.Telnames.com as being the only template that Telnic/Telnames have any interest in promoting and marketing.

So to help the production of "old-style" subdomain templates would not appear to be in Telnic/Telnames interest.

Of course they could prove me wrong, maybe in another year or so further "old-style" subdomain templates will be released ?

But I very much doubt this will happen - with the launch of Telnames the .tel game has changed forever !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
TelTrading

Post by TelTrading on Thu 09 Aug 2012, 8:47 am

mikeseaton wrote:Of course they could prove me wrong, maybe in another year or so further "old-style" subdomain templates will be released ?

But I very much doubt this will happen - with the launch of Telnames the .tel game has changed forever !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
I'm following this forum for a few weeks and in many points I agree with Mike.
But in this topic I guess the situation is different. Very well Telnic just proved the development of the old control panel by delivering three new templates LAST MONTH.
Telnames is only an additional offer especially for the market in the UK.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 9:03 pm