WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Google Analythics

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Google Analythics

Post by Telnic on Fri 02 Jan 2015, 11:57 am

marimax04-24-2011 10:06 PM

Google Analythics

I added some of my .tel sites and I noticed under Status some of them show
"Tracking not installed" . I added all my sites on the same day so I wonder what is wrong.
When i go to help this is the message I receive:

Please make sure you've waited 24 hours after installing the tracking code in order for your reports to be populated with data. If it's been over 24 hours, please click View Reports to see if data is appearing in your reports. Check Status is not completely compatible with all websites, but rest assured that the status does not affect data collection and we are still gathering data for your account.

To verify that your account is still not receiving data, we recommend that you check the report data for today's date, since the default report doesn't show the current date's data.

I added my sites two weeks ago so I don't understand it

Aled04-27-2011 08:45 AM

Hello Marimax,

If it has been over two weeks I would recommend that you try to set up once more in Analytics, so that you get a new tracking code to put in your .tels. Some users have found that their sites get picked up quicker if they visit them once the tracking code has been installed and click on some of the links.

marimax05-04-2011 05:21 PM

Thank you but how do I do it ?
Do I have to remove them and reinstal or I have to open another gmail account ?
By the way they cut me off after I submitted 75 domains and I have lot more

Aled05-04-2011 05:31 PM

No, you don't have to open a new account, just remove and reinstall. 

If you have reached a limit, have you tried creating a new Analytics account? In the top corner of the analytics page you should see a dropdown - "My Analytics Account". You can create a new account using this.

marimax05-05-2011 04:25 PM

Thank you, I'll try it

marimax05-08-2011 08:31 PM

Well I removed them today but how do you reinstall them.
Now I have 45 names so I could add 30 more but I forgot how to do it.
As you can see I am not a technical person and every request for new features by some members of the forum terrrify me.
Once .tel starts to get more complicated less chance for a success.

dialaroom05-08-2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marimax (Post 14592)
Once .tel starts to get more complicated less chance for a success.

[size]
There's a lot of truth in what you say marimax, I've been involved in a few startup technology and internet ideas and the forums nearly always follow the same routes. 

First the enthusiasm for the product as described, then requests, sometimes even demands for things which were never part of the original idea. Some fall by the wayside, some listen and do nothing, some are even taken over by the inmates. 

I would just like to congratulate Telnic for listening yet sticking to it's original vision for .tel. We all bought into the original idea in different amounts. I believe .tel is great value for money in it's current state. It will never be all things to all people and will never please everyone all of the time. Telnic clearly has a vision for the future, after all they have a lot more to lose than any forum member.

I suppose what I'm saying is the best things need time to mature and ripen, it knows what it needs to do and where it wants to go, the best thing we can do to make it happen is to work with the tools we have and develop and use our .tels.

I'm still amazed at some of the prices people expect for their domain names, when they are just parked and full of ads.

Time and patience and a supportive community are as vital to its' success as not losing site of what .tel is. Making demands for .tel to use it's resources and budget to tweak everything exactly as everyone wants (we all have slightly different requirements) can only detract from and delay its vision.[/size]

Aled05-09-2011 08:41 AM

Marimax,

We have steps on adding .tels in tip number 4 here - http://telnic.org/community-tips.html. Adding them back is just the same as adding them from new.

With regards to complexity, the main focus of the new CTH which will be released shortly has been simplification. We appreciate that many .tel owners value it for its simplicity as a way of getting a web and mobile presence, so please don't worry. Keeping it simple is always at the forefront of our minds here.

marimax05-09-2011 08:32 PM

Aled and dialaroom thank you for your help and words on assurance.
When I spread the word about .tel I always show people how simple and inexpensive it is to have presence on the internet and because most people are like me they like it.
I personaly own several hundred .tel domains and slowly I am populating them but from the beginning I understood the facilitation and limitation of.tel
Dialaroom is right. Take a look for example at www.Montreal.telwww.London.telwww.Boston.tel
What a great domain names and what a waste

DirectoryDan05-29-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marimax (Post 14342)
I added some of my .tel sites and I noticed under Status some of them show
"Tracking not installed" . I added all my sites on the same day so I wonder what is wrong.
When i go to help this is the message I receive:

Please make sure you've waited 24 hours after installing the tracking code in order for your reports to be populated with data. If it's been over 24 hours, please click View Reports to see if data is appearing in your reports. Check Status is not completely compatible with all websites, but rest assured that the status does not affect data collection and we are still gathering data for your account.

To verify that your account is still not receiving data, we recommend that you check the report data for today's date, since the default report doesn't show the current date's data.

I added my sites two weeks ago so I don't understand it

[size]
Marimax,

I'm reading this a bit late and I hope you got your .tels showing on Google Analytics by now. 

There is one other thing that you (or anyone else) should check. If you set up a filter to hide your visits to a tracked site you might try turning that filter off temporarily to record a confirmed visit by you. That first visit usually activates the tracking and then you can turn the filter back on and resume hiding your visits.

Dan[/size]

marimax06-02-2011 05:46 PM

I did not set up any filters (I wouldn't know how to do it anyway)
Going back to my problems with Google.
According to Google it should take 24 hrs to set up everything but I usually wait 3 days and if after 3 days still does not work I remove it and reinstall it.
Problem is that I have several domains I submitted already 4 times (each time waiting 3 days) and still
showing the same message "Tracking not installed"

Aled06-03-2011 10:08 AM

Marimax,

Are you clearing out the "old" ID from your .tel every time? Do you have any that have been accepted by Google?

marimax06-04-2011 12:16 AM

Yes I have quite a few and I will not submitt any more for now but I have 6 that I already submitted 4 times and still get nowhere.Yes I clear out the old ID each time before I resubmitt them

Aled06-04-2011 06:43 AM

Have you reported this issue to Google?

marimax06-06-2011 04:33 PM

How do you contact L.Page or S.Brin ?

marimax07-01-2011 12:38 AM

So, how do I contact Google Analithics ?

Aled07-01-2011 09:38 AM

This page has a link to the Analytics help forum - http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/

marimax07-01-2011 04:39 PM

Thank you Aled

Kartoshka07-05-2011 04:32 PM

same issue. some .tels report, some don't; 
tried several times to reinstall, remove, add, disable, submit, resubmit, etc.
seems like a bug at analytics (multiple registrars, same issue)

Kartoshka07-07-2011 01:25 PM

As Aled outlined, 
clicking inner .tel links solves this issue. Not from the very first time, and not for every domain, but majority solved.

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:26 am