WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Backordering .tel Domains

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Post by Telnic on Fri 02 Jan 2015, 12:08 pm

Cf25204-02-2010 02:45 PM

Does anyone know of a registrar who accepts backorders for .tel domains? Many thanks.

Bunjie04-02-2010 03:04 PM

http://www.domainmonster.com/backorder/

No fee, just pay price of domain if you win, sounds like a lawyer no win no fee.

OnSpec04-02-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunjie (Post 7582)
http://www.domainmonster.com/backorder/

No fee, just pay price of domain if you win, sounds like a lawyer no win no fee.

[size]

No price listed for .tel back orders. Should get clarification.

Cheers,[/size]

mactel04-05-2010 07:01 PM

Same backorder-fee for all domain extensions.

Cf25204-05-2010 11:57 PM

DomainMonster does not accept backorders for .tel, neither does Name.com. Does anyone know of a Registrar that definitely does? Many thanks, Cf252

dottel04-06-2010 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cf252 (Post 7721)
DomainMonster does not accept backorders for .tel, neither does Name.com. Does anyone know of a Registrar that definitely does? Many thanks, Cf252

[size]
Go to http://www.snapnames.com
use the search option on the homepage
for example: domain.tel

you will see the results with min bid (approx $59)

Note: If you have a competitor (someone who has ordered same domain name), the domain will go for auction. Whoever bids high will receive the domain.

N'joy[/size]

Cf25204-06-2010 08:45 PM

Many thanks - I've ordered one on SnapNames - any cheaper alternatives would be welcome!!!

dottel.net04-07-2010 07:29 PM

apparently the drop period is 60-90 days from expiration and when the names become available to be registered. am sure telnic can confirm this?

DirectoryDan02-03-2011 08:47 AM

Backorders at Name.com

Quote:

[size]
I know that this is a late posting as far as the original thread but I wanted to correct the record regarding .Tel backorders in case someone is currently looking. Name.com does take .Tel backorders. They charge $49.95. In addition, they are a well-thought-of .Tel registrar based on feedback in the "Registrar Rants and Raves" thread.[/size]

maximka05-03-2012 01:33 PM

----- deleted because of forum migration -----

DirectoryDan05-03-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 23254)
DirectoryDan, the link you showed at your post does not lead to name_com and looks like a spamming link. Did you made it intentionally?

[size]
Thanks for catching this and bringing it to my attention! The link I originally posted was given to me by name.com to use for registering leads in their very new affiliate program. It looks like their program changed and my link somehow became disconnected from the affiliate program.

Anyway, I corrected the link to lead straight to name.com and verified that the $49.95 price still holds.[/size]

tel4rent05-03-2012 05:01 PM

In my humble experience, name.com backorder is not reliable and you pay in advance for it. And they only credit your account if not successful so not really adapted...

Many others options available online are much better....

telrific05-03-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

[size]
DomainMonster absolutely does take backorders for .tel

I just received notice of successful backorder for 4 less than 1 hour ago.

www.domainmonster.com

On the left hand side you will see 'Back Order Domains'

Type the desired Domain in the Box and click Search

It will likely show unavailable BUT there is a 'Back Order' button between 'Transfer' and 'WHOis'

Click on 'Back Order' and if it is available for backorder it will say so.

WARNING - It may also say 'Unfortunately ..... (in red)' - ONE Backorder per domain !

Fee is only charged if you win. ( $49.99 + ICANN Fee )

Good Luck !

:)[/size]

tony mayo05-05-2012 11:48 AM

You can also remove your backorder at DM if you change your mind at any time - provided it is not within a certain period of the expected drop date. 
Paying in advance like with Name.com is a poor deal in these recessionary times.

boracay.tel05-06-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony mayo (Post 23327)
You can also remove your backorder at DM if you change your mind at any time - provided it is not within a certain period of the expected drop date. 
Paying in advance like with Name.com is a poor deal in these recessionary times.

[size]
Assuming you backorder via domainmonster.com and win some or even most of those premium names, if you are not prepared to develop and use them yourself, I think it's fairly obvious by now that you can't onsell them easily. So even at $100 each won domain, its a wild speculative hope of a return on a locked-up $70 approx investment. ....and then on till next years drops etc

The back order prices are set too high for investment portfolios.[/size]

tony mayo05-06-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 23332)
The back order prices are set too high for investment portfolios.

[size]
Agree. 
However, if you have already starting developing a project and a particular domain(s) would add a lot of value to that project back ordering is an option worth considering.
But beyond that you are correct Boracay back order prices are way too expensive.[/size]

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-11-2012 12:57 AM

Has anyone obtained any backorders via name.com? Looks like DomainMonster is the clear winner for backorders. I only had one with so far, and DM got it for me.
Mark

supercyberheroes05-11-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Kolb (Kprobe) (Post 23470)
Has anyone obtained any backorders via name.com? Looks like DomainMonster is the clear winner for backorders. I only had one with so far, and DM got it for me.
Mark

[size]
Hi Mark just to let you know that I just got 2 domains through teldomains.co are on my account now: (1- llamada that mean call in Spanish and 2- plot) So for sure you will get some commission

Regards

http://supercyberheroes.tel[/size]

Michael05-11-2012 02:02 AM

Hi Mark,

I picked a DomainMonster backorder today. Not sure if anyone had a name.com backorder on it.

Mike

telrific05-11-2012 02:15 AM

Quote:

Mark

[size]
Nothing from Name.com yet, just those early few from DomainMonster.com so far.[/size]
Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Re: Backordering .tel Domains

Cees05-11-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Mark

[size]
Hi Mark,
I've had a few through Name.com, may not have been a lot of competition though, I placed the order as I had to have them, didn't want to risk waiting for the regular price, I've missed out on many that way, some to you:)

BTW maui.tel nice one, was that your backorder.[/size]

dottel.net05-11-2012 09:21 AM

i've picked up a few at name.com backorders too.

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-11-2012 12:32 PM

Good to know Name.com backorders are working, after seeing all the DM BO's I thought they were asleep at the switch. I got Maui 10 minutes after the drops while I was looking for secondary targets.
Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-11-2012 07:43 PM

Looks like DM wins the backorders again today. 75 out of the 100 generics went via backorder at DM. Name got 10 but can't tell if those were backorders. Some generics still available.
Mark

Mark Kolb (Kprobe)05-11-2012 08:04 PM

Update: 94 DM B/O's today.
Mark

maximka05-11-2012 09:11 PM

supercyberheroes05-11-2012 11:08 PM

I did back order for my wife name at DM and at name.com - DM won.
Also I did back order for today drop to another 3 premium domains at DM in total 4 and I got all of them.
These are the 4 domains that got DM for me: My wife name: xxxxxxxx.tel and the other 3 are: books.tel, movie.tel and cinema.tel

Regards

http://supercyberheroes.tel

maximka05-12-2012 12:51 PM

Simon G05-12-2012 01:23 PM

I like cinema that's a cracker. Been back ordered for ages ?

supercyberheroes05-12-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon G (Post 23532)
I like cinema that's a cracker. Been back ordered for ages ?

[size]
I believe so, cinema.com is for sale price: $300.000, a lot project on mind right now I am doing web designer course, in July PHP then javascript and jquery and the last will be HTML5 and CSS3 all through the year, but I got movie.tel and cinema.tel I prefer cinema due that it's the same in Spanish, English, Italian, Portuguese and french, movie is only american in UK is film, but books is easier for any project.

Regards

supercyberheroes05-12-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 23531)
supercyberheroes, that is a very valuable TEL! Congartulations! Hope to see nice project on that TEL soon.

[size]
Thanks mate.

Regards

boracay.tel05-13-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supercyberheroes (Post 23520)
These are the 4 domains that got DM for me: My wife name: xxxxxxxx.tel and the other 3 are: books.tel, movie.tel and cinema.tel

Regards

http://supercyberheroes.tel

[size]
will you be transferring your wife's name to a telnames.com template? That adds another $23. Is that even possible to do? I thought I saw 60days was needed with new domains. Are those names you won now new?

Actually, my wife already did transfer because she really needed a visual card to hand out. Her .tel was sitting idle waiting on new templates.

Perhaps the new templates from telnic are more appropriate for your others? (so you can use folders to do more with those generics)[/size]

maximka05-13-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracay.tel (Post 23542)
will you be transferring your wife's name to a telnames.com template? That adds another $23. Is that even possible to do? I thought I saw 60days was needed with new domains. Are those names you won now new?

Actually, my wife already did transfer because she really needed a visual card to hand out. Her .tel was sitting idle waiting on new templates.

Perhaps the new templates from telnic are more appropriate for your others? (so you can use folders to do more with those generics)

[size]
If you have a domain "for your life" and want to use Telnames cheaper than 23$/year, I suppose that if you will first renew it for 9 years ahead at name_com or Dynadot for 11$/year, and only then transfer it to Telnames, then you should have Telnames template for 10 years for a cost in fact of 12$/year or so.[/size]

mikeseaton05-14-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 23555)
...I suppose that if you will first renew it for 9 years ahead at name_com or Dynadot for 11$/year, and only then transfer it to Telnames, then you should have Telnames template for 10 years for a cost in fact of 12$/year or so.

[size]
@Maximka

That's one of the best domain saver tips around - used by domainers to cut the holding cost of domains over a long period - I wonder how many will do this with their .tels ?

Of course the larger the portfolio the thicker the wallet needed for such a long term plan of action !

Mike Seaton[/size]

supercyberheroes05-14-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 23555)
If you have a domain "for your life" and want to use Telnames cheaper than 23$/year, I suppose that if you will first renew it for 9 years ahead at name_com or Dynadot for 11$/year, and only then transfer it to Telnames, then you should have Telnames template for 10 years for a cost in fact of 12$/year or so.

[size]
But it's allow to do it, I never tried it before because I though it was agaisnt any company police.

Can any one confirm if it is allow to do so.

Thank very much

Regards to all

maximka05-15-2012 08:14 AM

boracay.tel05-15-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 23601)
If the aim of tranferring TEL to Telnames is to show potential buyer how his TEL could look, then, may be, it would enough to transfer only one TEL and from the others to do redirect to that TEL.

[size]
Yes, that's a great strategy. I guess it depends on how enticing the promo is AND how long it goes for (really important with new regs)[/size]

TELcp05-15-2012 04:42 PM

We don't have domains at DM.
They seem to be charging the credit cards only.
(How safe are they according to history? Any ideas?)
They don't seem to be accepting PayPal / AlertPay. Do they?

++++

dottel.net05-15-2012 04:54 PM

they are absolutely safe.... they virtually hold nearly all my tel domains....

TELcp05-15-2012 05:07 PM

@dottel.net

Thanks. for that info.

++++
Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

telrific05-15-2012 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 23624)
We don't have domains at DM.
They seem to be charging the credit cards only.
(How safe are they according to history? Any ideas?)
They don't seem to be accepting PayPal / AlertPay. Do they?

++++

[size]
I've had no issues to date with DM, and Yes, they do accept PayPal, but
you will have to call them for details, I have done this multiple times via PayPal.

TELcp05-15-2012 06:19 PM

@telrific

Thanks. I'll try to get in touch with them.

Cheers!

supercyberheroes05-15-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 23631)
@telrific

Thanks. I'll try to get in touch with them.

Cheers!

[size]
Most of my domains are with DM all fine not problem at all and DM got good customer services, but they are mos expensive than name.com DM are very good with back order only godaddy.com can match them.

Regards

TELcp05-16-2012 07:47 AM

@telrific,
Just got all sorted to pay by PayPal.
They were very prompt.
All email correspondence and transferring funds via PayPal were done in less than 10 mins.
Of course, can recommend them to anyone.
Thanks for all the info.

@supercyberheroes
Thanks for the feedback.

:cool:

telrific05-16-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TELcp (Post 23640)
@telrific,
Just got all sorted to pay by PayPal.
They were very prompt.
All email correspondence and transferring funds via PayPal were done in less than 10 mins.
Of course, can recommend them to anyone.
Thanks for all the info.

@supercyberheroes
Thanks for the feedback.

:cool:

[size]
My experiences to date with DM have also been stellar, glad all went well.

TELcp05-19-2012 05:26 AM

Now there is no chance of back ordering any premium tel domain through DM.
Most of the pendingDeletes have been probably placed on back order by DM themselves.
So, the chances of grabbing a good premium name are very slim now.

:p

boracay.tel05-19-2012 02:53 PM

Domain monster just got swallowed up. The company that purchased them supposedly has a portfolio of 5million domains. Maybe they see .tel as a side-order

TELcp05-19-2012 03:56 PM

Hope the will not destroy the image of the tel by stuffing them with Ads.

++++

maximka05-19-2012 08:17 PM

TELcp05-19-2012 08:38 PM

@maximka
This is not the right time to make my comment public.
If I remember this post, you will see my comment after few weeks.

:cool::)

maximka05-19-2012 08:58 PM

TELcp05-19-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 23875)
If you know more than can say now, it could mean, that you know that from Telnames. As Telnames (I suppose) would not share his secrets to the accident persons, then it could be that you are a part of their team.

[size]
A terrible misinterpretation.
I got nothing to do with Telnames.

maximka05-20-2012 03:31 AM

boracay.tel05-20-2012 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maximka (Post 23885)
Just now I cancelled my backorder at name_com. Better I'll reduce the risks of my investment in TEL. It is not a good thing for Telnic then the same man is CEO of Telnic and of another company. Not good at all.

[size]
Steve jobs was CEO of PIXAR, and CEO of APPLE at the very same time. 2 years almost if I'm not mistaken. Pixar went on to be worth billions, and well apple the richest on the planet.

I'm just saying. :-)[/size]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 8:48 pm