WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Duplicate Content Issue

Telnic
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Duplicate Content Issue

Post by Telnic on Fri 02 Jan 2015, 12:11 pm

fiero09-03-2013 04:54 PM

Duplicate Content Issue

Hi all,
actually ive a tel domain paprika.tel.
the problem comes because paprika.tel and www.paprika.tel both are resolved how i can redirect www to non www paprika.tel ?
this situation have big impact on seo performance.

usually this is very easy issue to solve with .htaccess but with .tel domain ?

regards

Simon G09-03-2013 08:19 PM

Cool Idea.

Love the Aji Lemon fantastic if you soak them in vodka then chop them up in a rissotto

ntervu09-05-2013 11:56 PM

Fiero...

Each domain can have SEO if they are built separately. By redirecting (parking) a domain, even a .Tel domain, will only produce SEO for the primary developed domain. As for the www redirecting to the non www domain, this is not necessary if the www is the primary. The content can only reside on one or the other unless you decide to duplicate content on both domains.

This should not be confused as an SEO or Tel limitation. It is the same logic that is used for any TLD.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Dan Prather

fiero09-19-2013 12:05 PM

Hi Dan,
that problem it is that google do not understand which domain it is primary www.mydomain.tel or mydomain.tel and me too! 
who can say which is the primary domain ?
i can populate my domain and reach it via www or without www. both resolve to the same ip address but urls are different so ive duplicate content. this is a big problem.
would be very good if .tel server will add in their htaccess the redirect from non www to www or viceversa.

boracay.tel09-19-2013 02:54 PM

I have never understood this.

Sometimes I see www.bali.tel in search results for "bali directory", other occasions I just see bali.tel
I'm happy for the most part that I have a great result, but I do not understand why it switches and that must mean I have two versions of same/duplicate content out there that Google is referencing??? (Which is a known penalty)

ILY09-19-2013 03:19 PM

You can add you website to google webmasters and then determine which of URL is preferred.

boracay.tel09-19-2013 03:59 PM

That's good to know.
Thank you

...does this also mean that if I don't do what you say, I am still in a situation where by default .tel (results as I've written about) are still in fact penalised by google? So now it's my responsibility as an owner of .tels (many)?

ILY09-19-2013 04:04 PM

Sometimes G understand to operate with one of URLs, but yes, it is the error and you are responsive as an owner

Lostwithiel09-19-2013 05:28 PM

For conventional domains it is possible, using Google Webmaster Tools to tell Google if you would like your site to have preferred domain of http://mysite.com or http://www.mysite.com See https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/44231?hl=en for full details, but briefly

1. On the Webmaster Tools Home page, click the site you want.
2. Click the gear icon , and then click Site Settings.
3. In the Preferred domain section, select the option you want.

I have registered www.lostwithiel.tel in Google Webmaster tools., but under Site Settings > Preferred domain 
I don’t see the option to change preferred url for my dot tel site. I see the message “Restricted to root level domains only” which I don’t understand.

However, looking at the list of the domains I have submitted to Google Webmaster Tools, it appears that Google Webmaster recognises www.lostwithel.tel as the preferred domain.

Does anybody understand the “Restricted to root level domains only” message?

Regards,

Keith

ILY09-19-2013 05:37 PM

Yes, www is sub domain technically as like as ftp or abcd (for any normal domain we even can make some settings on a webserver where www and root will be 2 different websites)
If you will register any example.tel in GWt it would be possible to choose: example.tel or www.example.tel

Lostwithiel09-19-2013 06:22 PM

ILY wrote:

Quote:

If you will register any example.tel in GWt it would be possible to choose: example.tel or www.example.tel

[size]

I can't make this work for dot tel domain, although it works for conventional domains.

See screenshots at :-

http://www.lostwithielu3a.org.uk/pref_domains.pdf

If you can't read the words for the dot tel preferred domain option it says :-
“Restricted to root level domains only” 

Any Ideas anybody?

Regards,

Keith[/size]

Lostwithiel09-19-2013 06:34 PM

Just done a quick check on Google and see I'm not only person with the problem!

See http://webmasters.stackexchange.com/...es-non-www-url

However not sure how I can solve problem for a dot tel site The suggested solution relates to the .htaccess file. !!

Keith

ILY09-19-2013 07:29 PM

because u'r adding ur domains with www

ILY09-19-2013 07:30 PM

and they too)

boracay.tel09-20-2013 12:10 AM

Are we getting anywhere here???

What is the answer please to fixing the issue of Google displaying sometimes, sometimes not, the www version of a .tel

A clear answer.
Please

ILY09-20-2013 10:24 AM

1. Delete the domain from GWt.
2. Add again without www e.g. bocaray.tel NOT www.bocaray.tel
3. Enjoy with the enabled function)

P.S. Tested by myself 2 years ago.

boracay.tel09-20-2013 10:29 AM

I appreciate the clarification.
Thank you

ILY09-20-2013 10:33 AM

Never mind.
Then some time is needed to get the result.
It may be longer if you have many backlinks with www to your dottel.

Current date/time is Wed 22 Nov 2017, 4:25 am