WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Is everyone on holiday or is there...

mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Is everyone on holiday or is there...

Post by mikeseaton on Thu 23 Aug 2012, 10:49 am

...just nothing much to discuss any more about .tel ?

It's even quieter on Telnic's forum at http://telnic.org/forum - there are often days where not a single post is even made !

Draw your own conclusion - holidays or loss of interest in the .tel extension ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Re: Is everyone on holiday or is there...

Post by fustachio.tel on Thu 23 Aug 2012, 12:36 pm

Contentment? or we're just waiting and doing what we're supposed to do? get on with our own projects and businesses? as I thought that's what we always do.. least before we had more to distract us aka complain about.
At least in my case I'm waiting for the next release aka update and hope I'll be surprised that something from here was picked up on, because as telnic are not "allegedly" here to represent themselves it's hard to argue with them why something is needed by us.
And I don't see a point in arguing with you...
PS.. don't forget in the last release he said have a happy summer... aka holiday or something thus I would think we're having a happy summer...

Alex
Admin

Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
owner "tel.community" instead!

Post by Alex on Thu 23 Aug 2012, 5:17 pm

The success of this forum depends pretty much on the success of .tel itself.

As we all know Telnic produces not as much news as in 2009 and 2010 anymore, since they have reduced all marketing activity to a minimum.

So far the highlights this year have been the introduction of Telnames and the 3 new templates for Telnic. Right after that it has become quiet again.

But if neither Telnic nor .tel domain owners appear with any kind of activity, we can't expect many discussions on this forum either.

After TelTalk is running only for a few months, I'm already surprised about the not small number of forum members and more than 100 daily visitors.
Most of the members only registered themselves, but don't take part in discussions so much. I guess this is caused by the situation that even interest for .tel still exists, very few .tel owners develop their .tel domains actively.
I expect this to change after .tel domains have become a meaningful resource on the internet / on cell phones (which – as we all know - unfortunately isn't the case yet).
But I'm already very happy about this fast progress in the short history of TelTalk.

But this forum has been created especially because of the future potential of .tel domains, because most participants surely expect a growth for .tel domains. Also this website has sense only if we will see some momentum of .tel someday.
The intention of TelTalk will accompany the way of .tel long time. Perhaps it will still need time to bring .tel to the street; in that case I'll be just patient.
Perhaps TelTalk can even do its part to accelerate a few things - and for sure this forum will be still there in a few years!

And I dare a small forecast (combined with my own hope): in 1 or 2 years we will have many more discussions going on!

I have left TelTalk.org. Please contact the new forum owner tel.community instead!
Abh

Post by Abh on Fri 24 Aug 2012, 1:08 am

TelTalk wrote:

But if neither Telnic nor .tel domain owners appear with any kind of activity, we can't expect many discussions on this forum either.
after waiting 1 year people write opinions with new templates and ask why the function is a tease on this not on that the. get no answer U think they will care to work and no answer so no discussion
TelBlogger
Insider
Insider

Telnic's Alexa ranking crumbles

Post by TelBlogger on Fri 24 Aug 2012, 10:04 am

Blocking their forum from public access has been a predictable disaster for Telnic. Their site's (Telnic.org's) Alexa ranking was around 95,000 before the change and is now just under 180,000.

Last edited by TelBlogger on Fri 24 Aug 2012, 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit)
Rambo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Rambo on Fri 24 Aug 2012, 2:44 pm

Abh wrote:after waiting 1 year people write opinions with new templates and ask why the function is a tease on this not on that the. get no answer U think they will care to work and no answer so no discussion
Telnic hasn't found its strategy yet. Even they try to save as much money as possible, there are some activities which could lead to success quickly. Unfortunately Telinc is not persistent enough in strengthening relationships to the industry. Perhaps one day they will realize that Mark, Mike and others have been right all the time.
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Sun 26 Aug 2012, 5:44 pm

Rambo wrote:Unfortunately Telinc is not persistent enough in strengthening relationships to the industry. Perhaps one day they will realize that Mark, Mike and others have been right all the time.
Based on their actions so far I somehow doubt it !

Words fail me - but one last comment needs making:

.TEL - THE BEST INVENTION THE INTERNET NEVER HAD !

Telnic/Telnames - how could you screw up a world-beating product with $35,000,000 of investors money available for development and marketing ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel
TelBlogger
Insider
Insider

Post by TelBlogger on Sun 26 Aug 2012, 7:02 pm

I think it is fairly obvious that the calibre of the people at Telnic is very low. Unfortunately, until this changes by (perhaps) a trade sale of Telnic things will not improve.

Such a sale would enable a purging of employees and their replacement by people with market place awareness and general competence.

The poor quality and absent effectiveness of the current individuals certainly prohibits any further investment or development in this extension by any (rational) party.
Telminator
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Warning level : Banned

Post by Telminator on Mon 27 Aug 2012, 7:28 pm

TelBlogger wrote:I think it is fairly obvious that the calibre of the people at Telnic is very low. Unfortunately, until this changes by (perhaps) a trade sale of Telnic things will not improve.

Such a sale would enable a purging of employees and their replacement by people with market place awareness and general competence.

The poor quality and absent effectiveness of the current individuals certainly prohibits any further investment or development in this extension by any (rational) party.
This issue seems to be a little bit more complicated to me.
First if .tel will go mainstream one day, it would be best to buy quality domains now - before they will be registered by others.
Second if you don't want to invest any money in .tel anymore, the question will be if you still want to invest the renewal fees for already registered domains.
Third we don't know what the activities of Telnic are, since they don't report about them. Suddenly they introduced Telnames this year and we don't know what they will come up with next.
Fourth even Telnic doesn't communicate their strategy, surely their staff will continue working on something. Since several activities have been reduced, they must have even more capacity to work on other (perhaps even more important) things (which we just don't know).
Fifth the DNS technology behind .tel is still revolutionary. Even the progress by Telnic is not as fast as desired by some parties, the potential is still the same as in 2009.
Sixth if a possible trade sale will eventually happen, we don't know WHEN it will happen. And perhaps this is a very logical step.

Last edited by Telminator on Mon 27 Aug 2012, 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 18 Oct 2017, 2:16 pm