WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Dynamic PDF or just another download link?

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig
Warning level : 100 %

Dynamic PDF or just another download link?

Post by fustachio.tel on Mon 10 Sep 2012, 3:28 am

I'm curious about this new pdf feature and hoping telnic could expand it, I'm wondering if it's possible to have the proxy machine read the pdf and strip out or frame the pages that contain pictures? thus by passing the limit on 5 images?
Aka I'm wondering if it would be possible or likely that telnic/telnames could install some kind of opensource pdf reader plugin into the proxy so that pics can be pulled from a product catalog as apposed to being uploaded as single images.
Therefore allowing those with portfolios or whom have offers on a range of items of more than 5, to just upload a pdf each week or month that can be downloaded and also flicked through in place of the regular 5 images.
And of course with a timer/time out so that a pdf can expire and revert to (display) a default record or be set as permanent.
Spocky
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Warning level : 100 %

Re: Dynamic PDF or just another download link?

Post by Spocky on Mon 10 Sep 2012, 4:03 am

A lot of great ideas still could improve the Telnames service. The rollout of the new features shows creativity is present. It would be great if Telnames accept also input from advisers like on this forum. The guys in London have changed their policy and communication compared with Telnic. There is no public exchange between Telnames and customers, but for sure the improvement of products will be one priority. We just have to accept the fact non-employees have no leverage as in previous years. It will be very interesting to see if Telnames is able to grow to a noticeable size. A great product has been provided. Now I'm curious what the plan is to bring it to a wide range of businesses.

Current date/time is Fri 15 Dec 2017, 2:37 pm