WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Share
avatar
Telnamer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-09-12
Posts : 138 Points : 3295
Reputation : 52
Warning level : 100 %

Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by Telnamer on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 8:00 am

The domains at Telnames have a nice website, especially compared with the design from Telnic.
Nobody will ever register a domain name at Telnic if Telnames is known in the moment for buying decision.
As strange as it is that Telnic created its own competitor with Telnames, the real problem is another: more advanced website builders exist already from different services on the internet.
Telnames is on the right track, but needs to improve the design for its domains:
  1. Currently only short text can be placed before the contact data. The text length definitely needs to be increased.
  2. The place for inserting text at the bottom of the domain is way too small too. After 7 or 8 lines of one text box there is no possibility to enter more information.
  3. Providing two columns for different content would enable a professional looking website. Customers could place info about their company, products, team, testimonials and philosophy right on top of their domain in a second column instead of hiding that information on the bottom of it. This should be possible to realize since Telnic has realized this in the past too.
  4. The size for the picture gallery is too small. If this can't be changed, please allow a full size view, perhaps by opening the picture in a separated window.
  5. Subdomains are a requirement for a full service of any website. Telnames doesn't need to provide 3,000 subfolders like Telnic. The ability for only 3 or 5 subfolders would help a lot!
  6. Allow separation of contact types by insertion of headlines like Telnic did with the new templates. Every visitor will have hard time to get the overview of 20 unsorted contact entries.

I consider these improvements as inevitable if Telnames really wants to have a chance against competitors!


Last edited by Telnamer on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Rambo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 143 Points : 2951
Reputation : 21
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by Rambo on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 8:43 am

Telnamer wrote:6. Allow separation of contact types by insertion of headlines like Telnic did with the new templates. Every visitor will have hard time to get the overview of 20 unsorted contact entries.
7. In addition opening and closing sections / headlines would make this suggestion a perfect solution (as it was planned, but not realized for template 8 at Telnic)
avatar
telrific
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 129 Points : 2144
Reputation : 2
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by telrific on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 9:01 am

Expanding Telnames would simply create the same disaster it did when creating the standard .tel

Telnames fixed what .tel was designed to be, and that is simply a "word/definition" in a "dictionary", not a "word/anything" in an "encyclopedia".

.tel = word/definition, TelPages=dictionary

.other = word/anything, Google=Encyclopedia

Sight and sound (pics/video) are simple, intelligent enhancements that are a great help in aiding users to a deeper understanding of the "definition" or "profile" of a Business or Individual. (depth)

Expanding Telnames and .tel structurally to compete with websites in Google, whether mobile focused or not, is a disaster. (breadth)



Telnames is about a profile (with depth), in a directory of profiles with depth (TelPages if it were good.)

Subfolders is not depth, it's breadth, and so is any other expansion that does not simply provide greater understanding (depth) on the simple .tel premise as ICANN purpose.

Telnames is pretty much perfect at ".tel focused profile with depth capabilities". Put a directory with it, that focuses as a great directory with depth entries, and you have something that no other tld will ever have because they are expanding and expanded beyond the ability to be useful (chaos), versus .tel focus (quality).

Telnames is the first sign that .tel can be worth something, because it is finally focused on quality over quantity.

A directory of quality over quantity is now needed to finish ".tel perfection".
avatar
Rambo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 143 Points : 2951
Reputation : 21
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by Rambo on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 9:15 am

telrific wrote:Telnames is pretty much perfect at ".tel focused profile with depth capabilities". Put a directory with it, that focuses as a great directory with depth entries, and you have something that no other tld will ever have because they are expanding and expanded beyond the ability to be useful (chaos), versus .tel focus (quality).
We have two different approaches here:
Selling Telnames as a valuable mobile website
This is what Telnames is doing right now, but it isn't perfect, because better solutions exist already. Therefore we need improvement.
Creating the first worldwide directory for businesses
Telnic had the idea of doing this, but Telpages lies idle. As long Telnic don't work on this, is there anybody else, who can create this based on .tel domains? Because this work can be done by anyone outside Telnic! The development effort for launching a valuable search engine for .tel domains shouldn't be more than two weeks!
avatar
telrific
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 129 Points : 2144
Reputation : 2
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by telrific on Wed 12 Sep 2012, 9:30 am

Rambo wrote: We have two different approaches here:
Selling Telnames as a valuable mobile website
This is what Telnames is doing right now, but it isn't perfect, because better solutions exist already. Therefore we need improvement.

No, they just need to stop trying to "chase the tail" of what other tld's are doing, and focus on what .tel is, so that people actually care about .tel and TelPages by itself !

(see all devices, directory post here: http://www.teltalk.org/t449-can-telnic-telnames-compete-with-that#1995 )



Rambo wrote:
Creating the first worldwide directory for businesses
Telnic had the idea of doing this, but Telpages lies idle. As long Telnic don't work on this, is there anybody else, who can create this based on .tel domains? Because this work can be done by anyone outside Telnic! The development effort for launching a valuable search engine for .tel domains shouldn't be more than two weeks!

Absolutely a fact that a new "TelPages" (?) is as necessary as the new ".TEL" (Telnames), but unless it is a Telnic player, forget it, no one will support it - as has been proven before.

-
avatar
telrific
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 129 Points : 2144
Reputation : 2
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by telrific on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 6:00 am

telrific wrote: ... Telnames is pretty much perfect at ".tel focused profile with depth capabilities". Put a directory with it, that focuses as a great directory with depth entries, and you have something that no other tld will ever have because they are expanding and expanded beyond the ability to be useful (chaos), versus .tel focus (quality).

Telnames is the first sign that .tel can be worth something, because it is finally focused on quality over quantity.

A directory of quality over quantity is now needed to finish ".tel perfection".

Not only will no other tld be able to compete with it, but no other traditional directory either.

Look around the world at what's out there and you will see that a Telnames template in a Teldirectory of quality would be popular against anything today.

http://www.yellowsearch.tel

See the global directory.
avatar
Rambo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 143 Points : 2951
Reputation : 21
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by Rambo on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 6:18 am

telrific wrote:Look around the world at what's out there and you will see that a Telnames template in a Teldirectory of quality would be popular against anything today.
Putting it in that context you are right Telnames has to offer something really special. Unfortunately no useable Teldirectory exist.
With the suggestions from this topic the undeveloped and unknown directory http://telpages.com could change into a success like Google which is focusing on businesses and contact data:
- Reasonable sorting of search results - domain content before subdomains
- Integration of standard features like on other search engines (previews / filters) and advanced search options (individuals / kind of business)
- Advanced user interface to sort search results by distance to the current location of the visitor - with specification about the distance
- Delivering valuable information from the found .tel domains in the search results of Telpages - instead of randomly and useless text phrases
- Advanced design:


This product would be better than Google's search engine for the following reasons:
- Domain ownership and Yellow Pages would be provided in one product
- All the trash provided in the search results at Google wouldn't appear
- The speed for access to the contact data of all businesses worldwide would increase from 5 minutes to 5 seconds
This would be really a revolution!
avatar
telrific
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 129 Points : 2144
Reputation : 2
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by telrific on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 6:46 am

Rambo wrote:
This product would be better than Google's search engine for the following reasons:
- Domain ownership and Yellow Pages would be provided in one product
- All the trash provided in the search results at Google wouldn't appear
- The speed for access to the contact data of all businesses worldwide would increase from 5 minutes to 5 seconds
This would be really a revolution!

BINGO !

It's exactly what the world thought would happen in 2009.

All the garbage that's happened since, that hasn't focused on the above, is the whole problem, still !

Telnames is first sign of hope, let's go Teldirectory.

Until then use Yellow Search I guess.

http://yellowsearch.tel

This is still much better than using Google for local around the world, that's for sure !
avatar
Moonlight
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-08-10
Posts : 203 Points : 5932
Reputation : 79
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by Moonlight on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 2:53 pm

Telnamer wrote:Nobody will ever register a domain name at Telnic if Telnames is known in the moment for buying decision.
This statement is only valid for end users.
Domain investors who only want to park their domains will keep it at Telnic, in particular because Telnames is more expensive.

maxi
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-27
Posts : 998 Points : 22320
Reputation : 466
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by maxi on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 4:48 pm

telrific wrote:Not only will no other tld be able to compete with it, but no other traditional directory either.

Look around the world at what's out there and you will see that a Telnames template in a Teldirectory of quality would be popular against anything today.
Sorry, but this statement is only your personal opinion. It is not a fact. By my opinion, for example, TELs from Telnames are good for nothing. They are not good for Google, not good for your business, not good for Adsense. They are simple trash-sites for naive people.
avatar
telrific
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 129 Points : 2144
Reputation : 2
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by telrific on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 5:21 pm

maxi wrote:
telrific wrote:Not only will no other tld will be able to compete with it, no other traditional directory will either.

Look around the world at what's out there and you will see that a Telnames template in a Teldirectory of quality would be popular against anything today.


Sorry, but this statement is only your personal opinion. It is not a fact. By my opinion, for example, TELs from Telnames are good for nothing. They are not good for Google, not good for your business, not good for Adsense. They are simple trash-sites for naive people.

That's cute, it's always good to hear from those who are uneducated - always good for a laugh !

Not a matter of opinion though, just simple facts waiting to be embraced.

Here's why I can say that my statement above has no opinions involved:

1. The purpose of .tel (facts):

"The domain's purpose is to provide a single name space for Internet communications services. 2nd level registrations serve as a single point of contact for individuals and businesses, providing a listing of contact information directly in the Domain Name System, without the need to build, host or manage a traditional web service."

So, first of all, no other tld can compete with it already, because all other tld's are different to start and require additional interface in addition to the domain name purchase.

Competition from future tlds, not currently an issue, won't ever be the original or ".com" of this type, even if there is competition. They will have to settle at best for ".net" or ".org" type status.

2. For those other tld's that operate what some might be see to be a competing effort to .tel and TelPages, such as Yellow Pages, White Pages, Yelp, etc., there is none that has (facts):

a. Self-owned listing.

b. Personalizeable template, updateable at any time.

c. Intelligent address for direct access to that information outside the directory.



So, speaking from a standpoint that is not my opinion, it is clear that when one speaks about the purpose of .tel, and the potential for TelPages to compete against those in its industry, there in fact is no tld, or directory for that matter, that can compete with Telnames and a quality Teldirectory together.

You must be thinking of other tlds and websites, that's not what .tel and TelPages is, and was not the context of the fact-based statements I made.

Thanks again for the laugh though, it made my day !


Last edited by telrific on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 5:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
avatar
Toptel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-07-02
Posts : 448 Points : 12472
Reputation : 319
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by Toptel on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 5:26 pm

maxi wrote:They are simple trash-sites for naive people.
Not necessarily.
I understand your doubts, but .tel could have potential (depending on the future development effort).
The design of Telnames is improvable, but .tels from them are on the way to look attractive.
It doesn’t concern only naive people, but people who have little time or little experience in building websites.
If Telnames would provide additional services (like name phone numbers, social networking for domains or display in a worldwide leading directory), .tel could become the first choice for them.
avatar
telrific
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 129 Points : 2144
Reputation : 2
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by telrific on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 5:32 pm

Toptel wrote:
maxi wrote:They are simple trash-sites for naive people.
Not necessarily.
I understand your doubts, but .tel could have potential (depending on the future development effort).
The design of Telnames is improvable, but .tels from them are on the way to look attractive.
It doesn’t concern only naive people, but people who have little time or little experience in building websites.
If Telnames would provide additional services (like name phone numbers, social networking for domains or display in a worldwide leading directory), .tel could become the first choice for them.

It seems apparent that Maxi, along with many others, simply do not get what .tel is compared to other tlds, and what Telpages can be compared to other "Yellow/White Pages" directories.

Hopefully they will in the future !
avatar
TelWorld
Junior Member
Junior Member

Join date : 2012-07-16
Posts : 32 Points : 2294
Reputation : 9
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by TelWorld on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 5:38 pm

Toptel wrote:The design of Telnames is improvable, but .tels from them are on the way to look attractive.
I agree with that.
Better than the .tel design at Telnames is their control panel. I would call this effective, very nice and easy. That is the best work delivered from the guys from Telnic ever. It's perfect!
Only the .tel domain design on desktops is still too stiff, but that could be improved with a few more options.
avatar
TelWorld
Junior Member
Junior Member

Join date : 2012-07-16
Posts : 32 Points : 2294
Reputation : 9
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by TelWorld on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 5:40 pm

telrific wrote:It seems apparent that Maxi, along with many others, simply do not get what .tel is compared to other tlds, and what Telpages can be compared to other "Yellow/White Pages" directories.
Understandable, because the product isn't developed completely, hasn't entered the market and the use is not visible as long it is only a niche product.
Buying .tel domains today is a bet on the future.
avatar
telrific
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 129 Points : 2144
Reputation : 2
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by telrific on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 5:45 pm

TelWorld wrote:Understandable, because the product isn't developed completely, hasn't entered the market and the use is not visible as long it is only a niche product.
Buying .tel domains today is a bet on the future.

Yes, completely understandable, and still funny though.

What's not funny of course is that Telnic still has people like Maxi making statements like that today after spending over 3 years and a ton of money towards development and understanding where they promised to "be" what I wrote above as competition.

3+ years, a ton of money, and they try to compete as a mobile website.

Maybe it's just a money laundering scheme, because it's hard to believe they are that incompetent. Could that be it ?



.

maxi
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-27
Posts : 998 Points : 22320
Reputation : 466
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by maxi on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 6:42 am

telrific wrote:That's cute, it's always good to hear from those who are uneducated - always good for a laugh !
It seems, that you had graduated a college? Is it right?

By the way, as educated person, you should notice that I was talking not about TELs in general, but about so called trash-TELs, which are promoted by Telnames. It is strange, that you didn't saw the difference between standard TELs and those "castrated" Telnames' TELs.
avatar
telrific
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 129 Points : 2144
Reputation : 2
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by telrific on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 6:46 am

maxi wrote:
telrific wrote:That's cute, it's always good to hear from those who are uneducated - always good for a laugh !
It seems, that you had graduated a college? Is it right?

By the way, as educated person, you should notice that I was talking not about TELs in general, but about so called trash-TELs, which are promoted by Telnames. It is strange, that you didn't saw the difference between standard TELs and those "castrated" Telnames' TELs.

I did see that difference, but it was irrelevant to what I wrote, which is what you commented on. If you trash what I wrote, erroneously, by injecting your own differences, that's not a valid reply, it's simply your own topic and purpose.

Perhaps you can review what part of my comment you quoted on, you chose the part about tld competition, etc., and did not quote any differences between standard .tel templates and Telnames templates.

Good try though, and a another good laugh.

.
avatar
Killing
Junior Member
Junior Member

Join date : 2012-09-12
Posts : 28 Points : 2412
Reputation : 15
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by Killing on Wed 19 Sep 2012, 10:27 am

maxi wrote:They are not good for Google, not good for your business, not good for Adsense. They are simple trash-sites for naive people.
I guess people are blinded by the ugly design from Telnic we had to live with for 3 years. Since the introduction of Telnames for the first time it is possible to build a good looking .tel. Of course they aren't perfect, but they are a big step forward already. Yes, it isn't possible to use them for Adsense, but not everybody wants to make money with advertising. For business owners it is much more interesting to have a commercial-free and attractive homepage. Now we need only a good working and famous search engine for .tel and some marketing, then .tel can take off.
avatar
telrific
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 129 Points : 2144
Reputation : 2
Warning level : 100 %

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by telrific on Wed 19 Sep 2012, 10:33 am

Killing wrote:... not everybody wants to make money with advertising. For business owners ...

"The domain's purpose is to provide a single name space for Internet communications services. 2nd level registrations serve as a single point of contact for individuals and businesses, providing a listing of contact information directly in the Domain Name System, without the need to build, host or manage a traditional web service."

People seem to forget the primary purpose of .tel, and when it doesn't serve their minor interest, it is always trash to them.

Killing wrote:Now we need only a good working and famous search engine for .tel and some marketing, then .tel can take off.

They have never fulfilled their promise here, that's for sure.

2 reasons for a .tel according to Telnic:

1. The purpose as stated above

2. A quality directory to serve those who register a .tel for that purpose above.

Fail.

Sponsored content

Re: Please build a competitive service at Telnames

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 7:23 pm