WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

.TEL Hosting Not Yet Working? Today Is The Day.

god.tel

.tel domain : faith.tel
Number of .tel domains : 25
Warning level : 100 %

.TEL Hosting Not Yet Working? Today Is The Day.

Post by god.tel on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 1:58 am

Today is March 13, 2017 here in the USA, and no sign of the Telhosting Switchover here yet. The old Telhosting pages are still resolving, and there are no new Telnames style Telhosting pages appearing. I flushed my DNS, just to make sure.

Has anyone seen any sign around the world of the change over happening? I thought they might change over at midnight U.K. time or midnight U.S. time. I saw no where of an exact time for the switchover. Telnic just said that the old pages and data would stop on March 13th and the new pages would start on that date.

I am anxious to use the new style Telhosting pages.

Has anyone been able to change the DNS Servers for an existing .TEL name at their register yet, and if so, which registrar?

I am also thinking that many web hosts, like Wordpress.com, may not yet be allowing .TEL domains to be setup for their hosting accounts, as they may not be aware that .TEL domains are now for general web site hosting use as well.

Thanks.

Robert
god.tel and bond.tel
shahid1
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

.tel domain : shahid.tel
Number of .tel domains : 100+
Company : None
Service : Lifetime
Profession : Self Employed
Experience : 18 yrs
Hobbies : Investing, Strategic Planning
Slogan : Be Your Self, Don't lose hope.

Re: .TEL Hosting Not Yet Working? Today Is The Day.

Post by shahid1 on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 2:34 am

Hello Robert, 

Welcome to Tel Community, yes no doubt is 13th but it's not weirdly at my end also before reading your post here I have tried with name.com and dynadot just to check if it's issues with registrars but I think the approval to them needs to come from Telnic to allow it. 

Most probably when uk is mid day or evening it should start surely I believe the same for others as Telnic would have sent them an email to allow it as they have got the permission from ICCAN now. 

Hope this helps 

Thanks 

Shahid
god.tel

Post by god.tel on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 6:47 am

I guess we shall have to wait and see when the updates to Telhosting and Telnic's DNS will occur. It would have been nice to know the exact time and time zone the changes would have been made, to better help people seamlessly make the transition to the new Telhosting platform or to hosting their own websites.
di7
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by di7 on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 9:57 am

The switch has just taken place!

Content from the old TelHosting platform isn't available anymore since a few minutes.
.tel domains show the content from the new platform correctly.
god.tel

Post by god.tel on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 10:05 am

Thanks for informing us that the update has taken place! The new Telhosting format looks great on the Mel Bond site that I manage. I really like it.
x1y2
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by x1y2 on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 10:06 am

http://telpages.com ist still live!
di7
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by di7 on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 10:10 am

x1y2 wrote:http://telpages.com ist still live!

Telpages shows only dead links now, because:

1. most registrants haven't inserted any content into the new control panel

2. all sub domains of the old control panel have disappeared.
na8flush

Post by na8flush on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 10:21 am

I have eNom as my registrar, not able to change any of the DNS settings for my domains yet. Will probably give them a week or so then contact their support if I'm not able to change the settings.
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 10:29 am

Interesting that www.Telnic.org is still live - even though it's effectively been replaced by www.Do.tel - I would have thought that a redirect from the former to the latter would make more sense !

A couple of comments re the site most newbies interested in Telnic's .Tel gTLD will naturally go to i.e. www.Telnic.org

1. The domain http://YourBusiness.tel featured on Telnic's Home Page used to be a very good example of what you could do with a Telnames .Tel - but for some reason Telnic let it drop and it is now owned by .Tel user Roy Gavin as shown by http://www.whois.com/whois/yourbusiness.tel

2. How exactly does a .Tel Newbie know to use www.Do.tel instead of www.Telnic.org ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel (will be populated soon)

mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 11:04 am

god.tel wrote:
Has anyone been able to change the DNS Servers for an existing .TEL name at their register yet, and if so, which registrar?

I am also thinking that many web hosts, like Wordpress.com, may not yet be allowing .TEL domains to be setup for their hosting accounts, as they may not be aware that .TEL domains are now for general web site hosting use as well.

I've just checked my Name.com account and it's not currently possible to edit the Nameservers from the Telnic standard ones to your own choice to allow "Normal DNS" on a .Tel domain.

It's actually a very easy change for a Registrar to make to allow this - all they need to do is remove the bit of coding they currently have which effectively says "If domain.ext = .Tel then do not action the Edit Nameservers logic".

Name.com are of course based in Denver, Colorado, so are many hours behind the UK. Maybe later on today 13 March their Edit Nameservers logic will be made available for .Tel domains ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel

god.tel

Post by god.tel on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 11:22 am

Just spoke with customer service for Dynadot, and they said their engineers are working to allow the changing of DNS servers for .TEL domains, and should have it working by the end of the day.

Post by Duker on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 11:47 am

mikeseaton wrote:
god.tel wrote:

I've just checked my Name.com account and it's not currently possible to edit the Nameservers from the Telnic standard ones to your own choice to allow "Normal DNS" on a .Tel domain.

It's actually a very easy change for a Registrar to make to allow this - all they need to do is remove the bit of coding they currently have which effectively says "If domain.ext = .Tel then do not action the Edit Nameservers logic".

Name.com are of course based in Denver, Colorado, so are many hours behind the UK. Maybe later on today 13 March their Edit Nameservers logic will be made available for .Tel domains ?

I hope so to change Name Server today Mike

http://www.herzog.tel
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 12:39 pm

"Normal DNS" for .Tel domains is now available at Name.com - simply click the "Nameservers" link in the left-hand index column of your domain detail page, then Delete the Telnic ones and Add your desired Nameservers.

Tried it out on one of my .Tels - the switch to the new Nameservers going live took just 5-10 minutes from the Delete/Add - EXCELLENT JOB NAME.COM !

god.tel

Post by god.tel on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 5:14 pm

Now Dynadot is allowing you to change DNS Servers on .TEL names as well.

whatthetel

Post by whatthetel on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 6:53 pm

Andddddddddddd so the moaning starts from me....

The new tel system being a clone of telnames, is setup for targeting businesses only, it needs more or alt sections if you want a personal / business card profile, the more info section is not enough.

"The business profile items are all optional. Please complete those relevant to your business and skip the others. Saved items can then only be edited from the dashboard."

eg profile section, Click the + Add button below to enter your products, services, opening hours, payment methods and more (all business stuff mostly, but not enough business personal)

You can squeeze pie in via a short biography and the trade section and bottom keywords type section, but it's not enough it needs an employment section to put what directorships/boards and other pie you're doing, and it should be linked to companies house as that data is public by law.

So eg should have a drop down selection "director, employee, other" then a box at the side to put what company number from companies house.

This then should hyper link to the section about you on companies house when it displays on your profile "Director of company X"

This also needs a proper verification process, eg once linked if you contact us via our companies email address or call us and get a reply, we should get a tick to say it's validated that we're the director or employee etc.

Short Description should be centred text optional and two short lines of information.

Everything else is fine, apart from the one sub-domain I don't like not having access to displaying content on and the avatar thing says logo, not really a logo if your not a business page. so minor stuff.

whatthetel

Post by whatthetel on Mon 13 Mar 2017, 6:56 pm

ps, is there any reason why when we put social media profile links in, tdon't dont become drop down sections like with the old open close map, and on demand when clicked, it loads tweets and fb page posts?
god.tel

Post by god.tel on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 7:56 am

Just in case anyone changes their DNS at their Domain Registrar, and wants to go back to using the Telhosting platform later, here are Telhosting DNS server names to change back to. I changed my DNS and then had to scramble to find the OLD DNS server settings. You would think that Do.tel would have these listed somewhere on their FAQ section to help people change their .TEL domain to use the Telhosting platform DNS Servers.

a0.cth.dns.nic.tel
d0.cth.dns.nic.tel
n0.cth.dns.nic.tel
s0.cth.dns.nic.tel
t0.cth.dns.nic.tel

High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 9:54 am

@god.tel - useful information - I agree the Telhosting Nameservers should be listed for user reference on the https://www.do.tel web site - hopefully Telnic read this forum and will update their site !

If you use Name.com as your Registrar then you should be able to retrieve these Nameserver settings by doing the following:

1. Go to your domain detail page and click "Nameservers" in the left-hand column.

2. Click the blue box labelled "Use Default Nameservers" and select "[a0-t0].nic.tel" from the dropdown list.

3. Click the blue box labelled "Apply Changes".

What appears to happen at Name.com is that all the Nameservers ever used for a domain are saved for possible future selection in the "Use Default Nameservers" dropdown list.

god.tel

Post by god.tel on Wed 15 Mar 2017, 10:02 am

Thanks for the helpful info about Name.com. I use various Registrars for my .TEL domains and not so many are that friendly to save my old TELNIC .TEL DNS Server info. I also believe that .TEL newbies would be helped by Telnic putting this info into the FAQ on https://www.do.tel

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 18 Oct 2017, 8:03 pm