WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

When .tel will be successful?

Share

Poll

Please choose your estimation:

[ 9 ]
23% [23%] 
[ 1 ]
3% [3%] 
[ 7 ]
18% [18%] 
[ 2 ]
5% [5%] 
[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 
[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 
[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 
[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 
[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 
[ 1 ]
3% [3%] 
[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 
[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 
[ 2 ]
5% [5%] 
[ 18 ]
45% [45%] 

Total Votes: 40
avatar
TelFan
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-05-31
Posts : 299 Points : 8283
Reputation : 83
Warning level : 100 %

When .tel will be successful?

Post by TelFan on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 11:42 am

Please vote for your favorite option

fustachio.tel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Gender : Male
Age : 34
Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 415 Points : 9401
Reputation : 140
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by fustachio.tel on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 12:46 pm

I picked .tel is successful already, otherwise your question is too open ended and has different cognition's to different people, eg. What part of it is OK to deem a success to you? how high do you hold the bar compared to what someone else considers a success on the part of .tel/telnic?

I'm defending them to be fair and balanced but if my stance changes because I get new information then I sure will shift my balance in that respect.

However I believe one persons success is another persons failure? is this correct? well you obviously have a different opinion and might not agree with this statement but if we run with it..

The fact they thought up the idea and managed to get backers to invest 30+million in it, was a success.

The fact icann accepted their idea over other companies, was a success.

The fact it does what it was intended for at the time and ranked well in Google for some urls, was a success.

The fact they realized when people didn't seem interested in what they offered that they had to develop a more specialized proxy and did, and then it being accepted by small business whom they marketed it towards, was a success.

You and a few others seem to only accept success as if it reaches millions of people within 1 year, this can cause a burn out as if it don't meet their needs they'll walk and not wait for it to gradually progress, also if .tel is for the small guy and it helps put food on his families table is that not a success? why do you only hold success as reaching millions of people in 1-2 years? because you're profit focused? or because you're star gazing? I do realize more people = more development however there's very few things that can reach that number of people so quickly, twitter didn't start with millions it grew to millions because people used it and recommended it to others, just like every social network or social tool.

So why when telnic makes telnames does it not mean it's a success if business is using that to recommend it to their customers? when people have used something on one end and found it useful in contacting and interacting with company X don't you think they'd consider their own? as they will have learned the benefits of it first hand by finding that service through it.

Twitter was/is free and .tel doesn't have that luxury so growth is slow but that slow growth targeted correctly has a massive advantage, that every business that telnames reaches then reaches their .tel out to thousands of customers over a year for free on telnics end and they can react to our needs as we determine the best way collectively to interact with people.

I deem success as finding a market and being able to provide/grow a service for them without having to fold the business and or go bankrupt.

If you look at big banks all they do is throw millions away in gambling on markets & commodities in hoping to strike it rich, the issue is banks are supposed to facilitate customers now all they do is just milk them at every turn, even sometimes without their consent just to try to hit it big in one strike, that's not providing a very good service and you only need look at the protests and economy to realize it's a mistaken policy.

I believe the best way forward is always to ratchet yourselves forward with your customers needs, adjusting as necessary so every penny in the bank over a gradual period while maintaining that service so your customers and you prosper is better than gambling it all away in a crab shoot towards a random market.

So to me it's a success and it's just your other bars that you hold up / expectations won't be met until you get on with it and market yourself through it, you are the best representative telnic/.tel need as what ever service and it's associated quality and ease of use to find you is what will determine if people get it and move forward with us or against us.

avatar
Expert
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-10
Posts : 522 Points : 12525
Reputation : 351
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by Expert on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 2:55 pm

Great statement, fustachio.tel! There are a lot of impatient participants, but .tel is still the greatest invention after mobile phones although the public hasn’t noticed this yet.
avatar
Telminator
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-06-07
Posts : 143 Points : 3347
Reputation : 24
Warning level : Banned

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by Telminator on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:48 pm

2100?
It's always entertaining to see some comedians!
avatar
telrific
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 129 Points : 2086
Reputation : 2
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by telrific on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 3:53 pm

.TEL will be a legitimate success when it is what Telnic advertised it to be to begin with.

If it is what Telnic advertised it to be to begin with, the World will know it well.

Telnic has made the product and the claims, success is up to them, period.

Just like Apple, if you make a good product, the World will embrace it.

If you do not, the World will never embrace it.

Telnic is the only one who can answer this poll accurately.

avatar
Rambo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 143 Points : 2893
Reputation : 21
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by Rambo on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 5:02 pm

Who is reading this forum? People who believe .tel will never be a success? The poll result is everything but representative!


Last edited by Rambo on Fri 28 Sep 2012, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
telrific
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 129 Points : 2086
Reputation : 2
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by telrific on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 5:45 pm

Must be voting on their faith in Telnic based upon the last 3+ years.

Can't blame them really, at the rate Telnot is progressing, it may never be a success.

We'll have mental telepathy figured out by then and won't need a hub.

Oh, wait, did I say Telnot, I meant Telnic, I think.
avatar
Expert
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-10
Posts : 522 Points : 12525
Reputation : 351
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by Expert on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 7:02 pm

Oh, come on! The situation isn't that bad. We got Telnames a few months ago and three other templates shortly after. The guys are still busy, now with planning to launch some new apps.
Besides we know the reasons for the occurred budget cuts already: http://www.teltalk.org/t423-comparision-of-the-five-year-financial-projections-for-tel-before-after
So what is the big deal? Success didn't come over night. Now everybody has to be patient, just like Telnic has to be.
But has the situation really changed? If you believed in the success of .tel three years ago, why you can't believe in it now while the fundamentals haven't changed?
avatar
telrific
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 129 Points : 2086
Reputation : 2
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by telrific on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 8:32 pm

Expert wrote:If you believed in the success of .tel three years ago, why you can't believe in it now while the fundamentals haven't changed?

Because if there is not REAL progress towards the "Top 2" as promised, at a faster rate than has happened over the past 3 years, belief is false.

Let's suppose that just 100 million users of .tel and TelPages does eventually happen.

At 100,000 added per year, (good luck with that), it will take ~1,000 years to reach that 100 million users, ~1,400 years to reach the usage of Twitter which is currently at 140 million, and ~10,000 years to reach Facebook success at around 1 Billion users.

3 years ago faith and faith based upon today's progress is a drastic difference.

Hmmm.
avatar
Telminator
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-06-07
Posts : 143 Points : 3347
Reputation : 24
Warning level : Banned

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by Telminator on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 8:43 pm

telrific wrote:At 100,000 added per year, (good luck with that), it will take 1,000 years to reach, 1,400 years to reach the usage of Twitter which is currently at 140 million, and 10,000 years to reach Facebook success at around 1 Billion users.
I see, you have been the guy voting for 2100!
Of course if we should see momentum, the growth rate should increase. If we would have only a growth of 100,000 domains yearly, .tel would be useless.
But think about what .cn is doing right now: they will add 1 billion registrations in the following months.
Let Telnic cooperate with a similar service and they can do it too.

Alex
Admin

Location : USA
Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-04-27
Posts : 889 Points : 5992
Reputation : 258
Warning level : 100 %
Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
owner "tel.community" instead!

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by Alex on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 9:01 pm

Information for the multiple voter:

I’m able to see where you come from!


___________________________________________________

I have left TelTalk.org. Please contact the new forum owner tel.community instead!
avatar
telrific
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 129 Points : 2086
Reputation : 2
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by telrific on Fri 14 Sep 2012, 9:06 pm

Telminator wrote:Of course if we should see momentum, the growth rate should increase.

Yep, still need a reason for momentum, that's the whole point, Telnames is a start, now we just need a quality Teldirectory similar in nature for mass participation and momentum.

Telminator wrote:If we would have only a growth of 100,000 domains yearly, .tel would be useless.

And yet we have less than that. So .tel is worse than useless by that standard.


But think about what .cn is doing right now: they will add 1 billion registrations in the following months.
Let Telnic cooperate with a similar service and they can do it too.

Yep, again, the whole point.

Oh, and as far as voting, no, but I can tell you that I did not vote for success already, that's for sure !

.
avatar
Expert
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-10
Posts : 522 Points : 12525
Reputation : 351
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by Expert on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 6:41 am

telrific wrote:now we just need a quality Teldirectory similar in nature for mass participation and momentum.
You have presented a lot of extraordinary suggestions about your area of expertise related to Yellow Pages.
I'm a little bit afraid all this effort will get lost in the amount of information on this forum.
Have you ever tried to speak to Telnic personally; over the phone, not over the internet?
avatar
telrific
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 129 Points : 2086
Reputation : 2
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by telrific on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 7:15 am

Expert wrote:Have you ever tried to speak to Telnic personally; over the phone, not over the internet?

The last time I spoke to Kash on the telephone, directly concerning a more valuable TelPages directory, the conversation ended with Kash all but yelling "It's not going to happen, ok ?".

That's a fact.

That was some time ago, but he has clearly followed through with TelPages not being a priority from his standpoint.

Perhaps Telnic will "see the light" and follow through with what was advertised, perhaps not.
avatar
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Location : Dorset UK
Join date : 2012-06-11
Posts : 2224 Points : 45220
Reputation : 836
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by mikeseaton on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 8:57 am

telrific wrote:The last time I spoke to Kash on the telephone, directly concerning a more valuable TelPages directory, the conversation ended with Kash all but yelling "It's not going to happen, ok ?".

Perhaps Telnic will "see the light" and follow through with what was advertised, perhaps not.
Since Kash is CEO of both Telnic and Telnames I guess the answer is perhaps not.

I do think the Telnames single page template (i.e. http://YourBusiness.tel) does fulfil a clear market niche for professionals and small businesses - but obviously will get nowhere without the missing (so far) ingredient of effective worldwide marketing.

FWIW I think Telnames view that as a more or less finished template - and I imagine Telnic view with horror (i.e. large £ signs) the amount of work that is still being requested on the old-style subdomain (sometimes called pro or professional) templates.

Of course if the Telnic registry could be sold off that would pass the problem over to someone else, stop all the constant demands for improvements to the Telnic subdomain templates (or at least direct them to the new registry owner) and give the investors some of their $35,000,000 investment back in hard cash.

Sounds a neat solution to me !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
avatar
Rambo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 143 Points : 2893
Reputation : 21
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by Rambo on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 12:37 pm

telrific wrote:The last time I spoke to Kash on the telephone, directly concerning a more valuable TelPages directory, the conversation ended with Kash all but yelling "It's not going to happen, ok ?".

That's a fact.

That was some time ago, but he has clearly followed through with TelPages not being a priority from his standpoint.
That doesn't sound good. Why Telnic refuses further development so explicit?
But thank you for this insight. It's much clearer now Telnic will concentrate on marketing for mobile websites only. It’s kind of sad, because it doesn’t deploy the full potential of .tel!
avatar
telrific
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 129 Points : 2086
Reputation : 2
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by telrific on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 12:40 pm

Sounds more like we're right back to this reality:

telrific wrote:

Let's suppose that just 100 million users of .tel and TelPages does eventually happen.

At 100,000 added per year, (good luck with that), it will take:

1,000 years to reach 100 million users,

1,400 years to reach the usage of Twitter which is currently at 140 million, and

10,000 years to reach Facebook success at around 1 Billion users.

If nothing else, we can certainly see that .tel and TelPages can not be measured by any real standard as "successful today", that's for sure !

.


Last edited by telrific on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
telrific
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 129 Points : 2086
Reputation : 2
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by telrific on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 12:43 pm

Rambo wrote: That doesn't sound good. Why Telnic refuses further development so explicit?
But thank you for this insight. It's much clearer now Telnic will concentrate on marketing for mobile websites only. It’s kind of sad, because it doesn’t deploy the full potential of .tel!

That's why we're where we are with registrations and success too.

Looks like you were thinking and writing exactly along the same lines at the same time I was.

Easy to see why it will take so long when they say they are different than other tld's, but only try to compete with other tld's !

If they just stick to what they advertised for 3+ years, www.Yelp.com would not be so successful in their own back yard !

We would already have a combination of www.Facebook.com and www.Yelp.com today !

THAT is success on a REAL level.

Sad what they've done with .tel and TelPages so far, that's for sure !

Like I said, it was a some time ago and maybe they have "seen the light".
avatar
Tel
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-04-28
Posts : 162 Points : 4070
Reputation : 53
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by Tel on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 12:59 pm

mikeseaton wrote:Of course if the Telnic registry could be sold off that would pass the problem over to someone else, stop all the constant demands for improvements to the Telnic subdomain templates (or at least direct them to the new registry owner) and give the investors some of their $35,000,000 investment back in hard cash.
No doubt something has to change to make .tel more attractive, but there are many possibilities:
If it is possible to sell only a simple app like Instagram to Facebook for $1 billion, it should also be possible to sell a registry with a complete new and innovative technology.
Even though the current CEO of Telnic is reluctant to software development, a potential CEO replacement can bring only benefit compared to the current situation.
If market leaders would be interested in using the DNS, there is no other way around Telnic. A takeover would be likely.
Apple, Google and Skype would improve their products greatly by implementing the services from .tel.
avatar
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Location : Dorset UK
Join date : 2012-06-11
Posts : 2224 Points : 45220
Reputation : 836
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by mikeseaton on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 1:12 pm

Tel wrote:If it is possible to sell only a simple app like Instagram to Facebook for $1 billion, it should also be possible to sell a registry with a complete new and innovative technology.
Good point !

I am sure the Telnic investors would be pleased just to get their $35 million investment back, which represents only 3.5% of the value placed on Instagram by Facebook !

http://MikeSeaton.tel
avatar
TelFan
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-05-31
Posts : 299 Points : 8283
Reputation : 83
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by TelFan on Sat 15 Sep 2012, 4:18 pm

The four big players (Apple, Facebook, Google and Microsoft) should buy Telnic as long Telnic is unknown.
As soon the utilization of the DNS will be popular (and I expect it will), Telnic’s value would increase dramatically.
Instagram was not expensive because of the small developed software solution, but because of the high diffusion rate.
Only one player can have the competitive advantage to own the only DNS solution which is in working order; currently that is Telnic.
That is the good point! Even if Telnic don't rush developing .tel, as soon the DNS is the norm for data exchange Telnic (and .tel) will become a winner.
avatar
JLouisBiz
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Hobbies : Buying gold
Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-04-29
Posts : 89 Points : 2260
Reputation : 4
Warning level : 75 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by JLouisBiz on Mon 17 Sep 2012, 7:01 am

Please stop the nonsense and vote for the only serious option, it will NEVER be successful.

Success depends from the viewpoint, for those employed by TELNIC, they are maybe successful because in their own country they would get maybe 300 dollars instead of 1000 or 2000 with Telnic. Someone is successful just to have a plain domain without content.

Anyway, we don't speak here about the individual success.

We speak here about the general acceptance of TEL domain on Internet as large and adoption by large number of users.

Considering that even some public forums have more active users, than TEL domain owners, how we can see it is successful.

TEL DOMAIN failed, not due to the idea or implementation, but simply due to being too late on Internet.

It is NOT going to be successful. Never.
avatar
Telnamer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-09-12
Posts : 138 Points : 3237
Reputation : 52
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by Telnamer on Mon 17 Sep 2012, 7:12 am

JLouisBiz wrote:Considering that even some public forums have more active users, than TEL domain owners, how we can see it is successful.
What public forum has more than 250.000 users?

Anyway I understand your point of view if you doubt the future success, because nothing is clear.
But what is your interest in demonstrating your point with so much force?
avatar
telrific
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 129 Points : 2086
Reputation : 2
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by telrific on Mon 17 Sep 2012, 7:42 am

JLouisBiz wrote:TEL DOMAIN failed, not due to the idea or implementation, but simply due to being too late on Internet.

It is NOT going to be successful. Never.



Yelp would not be making billions of dollars today if the .tel purpose was a dead idea on the internet, and too late !

"The domain's purpose is to provide a single name space for Internet communications services. 2nd level registrations serve as a single point of contact for individuals and businesses, providing a listing of contact information directly in the Domain Name System, without the need to build, host or manage a traditional web service."


Sticking to their industry purpose, they have a good chance, as there are those who are a worse listing and still have proven that it's not too late for .tel type success !
avatar
TelGirl
Junior Member
Junior Member

Join date : 2012-07-07
Posts : 46 Points : 2809
Reputation : 32
Warning level : 100 %

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by TelGirl on Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:30 am

@telrific
I follow your argumentation.
It's not too late for .tel if some requirements would be fulfilled:
- Contemporary design: Telnames is on the way to there, although the current template is still a little bit too simple
(Anyway the first release from Telnames is quite impressive, so the outlook for prospective updates gives hope)
- Integration into Yellow Pages: Telpages needs wide updates
- Integration into communication software: Partnerships are needed
- Reactivation of the social network idea which hasn't been used so far

Sponsored content

Re: When .tel will be successful?

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 11:39 pm