WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

The most used keyword for .tels from Telnames

mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

Re: The most used keyword for .tels from Telnames

Post by mikeseaton on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 1:36 pm

Tel wrote:
mikeseaton wrote:But I would never start brand building today owning just the "dash" version of a domain name !
Owning both versions (with and without dash) is the best option, so you will be found no matter what!
Agreed - though I have bought dropping "non-dash" .coms where the equivalent "dash" .com was already an establised site.

Firstly you get some of their targeted traffic absolutely free of charge and secondly you have an immediate potential buyer !

So these days I tend to ignore the "dash" version (unless it's a major development project) and leave it open for someone else to buy, develop and then send some of their targeted traffic to me.

And it also cuts the cost of renewals by half !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

Alex
Admin

Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
owner "tel.community" instead!

Post by Alex on Tue 18 Sep 2012, 9:45 pm

Here is the reason for all those registrations in this topic:

ideas4adis

This is the proof that such a campaign is very effective!

I have left TelTalk.org. Please contact the new forum owner tel.community instead!

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Wed 19 Sep 2012, 12:01 am

TelTalk wrote:Here is the reason for all those registrations in this topic:

ideas4adis
In the Ad at ideas4adis page they write that TEL costs £9.95, and when you go from there to Telnames page they show there price of £14.95.

For each TEL registered by Telnames, Telnic gets money as a registry and as a registrar.

For each TEL registered by any other registrar Telnic gets money only as a registrar.

As Telnic via Telnames gets money two times for each TEL, then it should be extremely profitable for Telnic when people use Telnames to get their TEL. So, why prices at Telnames are so high? They should be lower that at other registrars.

Add to this, that TELs from Telnames have restricted functionality as they have no subdomains. The only benefit of those TELs is that background picture, which may look nice but which will never help to get those TELs into first pages of Google search.

With such politics, there greed is the dominating force, is not a surprise for me that only 1500 are registered by Telnames now.
Telnamer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Telnamer on Wed 19 Sep 2012, 6:58 am

maxi wrote:In the Ad at ideas4adis page they write that TEL costs £9.95, and when you go from there to Telnames page they show there price of £14.95.
As mentioned on their website you have to use the promotional code 'ADI2012' at the checkout to receive the discount.

maxi wrote:With such politics, there greed is the dominating force, is not a surprise for me that only 1500 are registered by Telnames now.
The target for EVERY commercial business is to earn money. I don't see a difference to any other company in the world.
The reason for the small number of registrations in the beginning is only that Telnames makes very little marketing and hence is not known by many customers.
This will change, as example with the new affiliate program.

maxi
Insider
Insider

Post by maxi on Wed 19 Sep 2012, 8:26 am

Telnamer wrote: I don't see a difference to any other company in the world.
I could put here many quotes from Louis', Mike's and almost all the other members of this forum and Telnic's forum, the main idea of which is that "we never saw such a start-up company", if I would be not lazy to look for these quotes in both forums. But I am lazy. But I personally clearly see the difference.
Telnamer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Telnamer on Wed 19 Sep 2012, 1:06 pm

Rambo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Rambo on Wed 19 Sep 2012, 2:51 pm

maxi wrote:I could put here many quotes from Louis', Mike's
If Mike, Louis and others don't care about an improving product, why they spend so much energy on complaining?
If Mike, Louis and others don't belief things will improve, why they still keep .tel domains and register even new ones (thedrivingschool.tel)?
If .tel offers such a bad service, why registration numbers don't collapse?
If registrants don't believe in the future success, why many of them renewed their .tel domains for a period of 10 years in advance?

The answer for the first question:
Because they only want to kick Telnic in the butt to work faster and to work on the right tasks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017, 9:31 am