WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

telnames support chat live

Share
avatar
hulltv
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-07-05
Posts : 251 Points : 7039
Reputation : 64
Warning level : 75 %

telnames support chat live

Post by hulltv on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 9:26 am

logging on to telnames i see you can chat to staff what a shame [Inappropriate words deleted! - The admin]...i wonder what name they will pop up next tellocal maybe or telme the list can be endless.

JH
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-04-29
Posts : 125 Points : 2784
Reputation : 26
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames support chat live

Post by JH on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 9:33 am

Ha, I was one minute faster than you: http://www.teltalk.org/t521-great-customer-support-at-telnames
I told Aled my web link to YouTube is not working, because capital letters get changed into lower case characters.
He promised me to rectify this problem!
avatar
hulltv
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-07-05
Posts : 251 Points : 7039
Reputation : 64
Warning level : 75 %

Re: telnames support chat live

Post by hulltv on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 9:36 am

i dont think hes talking to me since i last told him he was a [Inappropriate word deleted! - The admin]...


___________________________________________________
Unlock your phone APPS.TELL
avatar
hulltv
Senior Member
Senior Member

Join date : 2012-07-05
Posts : 251 Points : 7039
Reputation : 64
Warning level : 75 %

Re: telnames support chat live

Post by hulltv on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 9:38 am

i hope we dont see lots of telnames poping up with no content as domainers start reg everything.....


___________________________________________________
Unlock your phone APPS.TELL

JH
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-04-29
Posts : 125 Points : 2784
Reputation : 26
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames support chat live

Post by JH on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 9:41 am

hulltv wrote:i dont think hes talking to me since i last told him he was a [Inappropriate words deleted! - The admin]...
That's why!
avatar
Telnamer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-09-12
Posts : 138 Points : 3294
Reputation : 52
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames support chat live

Post by Telnamer on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:10 am

hulltv wrote:i hope we dont see lots of telnames poping up with no content as domainers start reg everything.....
No danger; domainers will reg with $10 for a price of 40% only (instead of £14.95).
If you check the registrations, you will notice all Telnames customers are serious businesses without relation to the domain market.
That means less hassle for Telnames and we can expect DotTelnames will show real content (not the garbage as at DotTelnics).
avatar
kprobe
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-05-11
Posts : 196 Points : 4551
Reputation : 59
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames support chat live

Post by kprobe on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:13 am

JH wrote:
I told Aled my web link to YouTube is not working, because capital letters get changed into lower case characters.
He promised me to rectify this problem!

Yes this needs to be fixed asap. It affects all URL strings, not just YT.

avatar
kprobe
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-05-11
Posts : 196 Points : 4551
Reputation : 59
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames support chat live

Post by kprobe on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:18 am

hulltv wrote:logging on to telnames i see you can chat to staff what a shame [Inappropriate words deleted! - The admin]...i wonder what name they will pop up next tellocal maybe or telme the list can be endless.

I can't believe Alex allowed this post to appear on this forum. No need to insult staff. Besides you are wrong about Aled - he is helpful and responsive.


Alex
Admin

Location : USA
Gender : Male
Join date : 2012-04-27
Posts : 889 Points : 6049
Reputation : 258
Warning level : 100 %
Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
owner "tel.community" instead!

Re: telnames support chat live

Post by Alex on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:54 am

kprobe wrote:Aled - he is helpful and responsive.
I agree with that!

All comments on this forum get treated under the terms of the forum rules.


___________________________________________________

I have left TelTalk.org. Please contact the new forum owner tel.community instead!
avatar
Expert
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-10
Posts : 522 Points : 12582
Reputation : 351
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames support chat live

Post by Expert on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:28 am

Telnamer wrote:
hulltv wrote:i hope we dont see lots of telnames poping up with no content as domainers start reg everything.....
No danger; domainers will reg with $10 for a price of 40% only (instead of £14.95).
If you check the registrations, you will notice all Telnames customers are serious businesses without relation to the domain market.
That means less hassle for Telnames and we can expect DotTelnames will show real content (not the garbage as at DotTelnics).
This is a very interesting point which I haven't realized before:

By developing Telnames only, they can keep the domainers away. Domainers were always complaining only about .tel and were not able to push .tel upwards.
This could be a reason why Telnic's customers don't get the template currently used at Telnames, because that would attract only domainers once again.

Now Telnames is completely reaching out for valuable customers and building a good relationship to small businesses.
That is what brings benefit to the whole idea of .tel. Meanwhile domainers won't destroy the .tel idea by parking, placing only advertisement or letting the Telnames domains completely empty.
avatar
Telnamer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-09-12
Posts : 138 Points : 3294
Reputation : 52
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames support chat live

Post by Telnamer on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:34 am

Expert wrote:Now Telnames is completely reaching out for valuable customers and building a good relationship to small businesses.
As I said Telnames have a great product and for the first time they approach the right customers.
The future for tel can only be awesome.
avatar
Rambo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 143 Points : 2950
Reputation : 21
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames support chat live

Post by Rambo on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:48 am

Expert wrote:By developing Telnames only, they can keep the domainers away. Domainers were always complaining only about .tel and were not able to push .tel upwards.
This could be a reason why Telnic's customers don't get the template currently used at Telnames, because that would attract only domainers once again.
That is nonsense! If domainers would see that .tel domains are useable, they would start developing them too. If the old .tel owners from Telnic don't get a practical design, then 250.000 .tel domains will stay empty just as they are now. That is the most damaging effect!

fustachio.tel
Senior Member
Senior Member

Gender : Male
Age : 34
Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig
Join date : 2012-06-23
Posts : 415 Points : 9458
Reputation : 140
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames support chat live

Post by fustachio.tel on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:35 pm

Expert wrote:
Telnamer wrote:
hulltv wrote:i hope we dont see lots of telnames poping up with no content as domainers start reg everything.....
No danger; domainers will reg with $10 for a price of 40% only (instead of £14.95).
If you check the registrations, you will notice all Telnames customers are serious businesses without relation to the domain market.
That means less hassle for Telnames and we can expect DotTelnames will show real content (not the garbage as at DotTelnics).
This is a very interesting point which I haven't realized before:

By developing Telnames only, they can keep the domainers away. Domainers were always complaining only about .tel and were not able to push .tel upwards.
This could be a reason why Telnic's customers don't get the template currently used at Telnames, because that would attract only domainers once again.

Now Telnames is completely reaching out for valuable customers and building a good relationship to small businesses.
That is what brings benefit to the whole idea of .tel. Meanwhile domainers won't destroy the .tel idea by parking, placing only advertisement or letting the Telnames domains completely empty.

All it would take was for one big investment company to run their own proxy, buying up thousands of drops, calculating the traffic metrics to see which to keep and which to dump then displaying them as if adverts are the actual content.

I believe they pick up to make a cent/penny and over millions they rake in income, so at the end of the day I don't see why such investors can't pursuit .tel, it's only the smaller investors and speculators that was telnics issue if any.

Even I got into the funk of buying things with a sense of hope, before waking up and dumping the lot in favor of actually trying to do something that's within my reach.
avatar
directtel
Newbie
Newbie

Join date : 2012-11-03
Posts : 9 Points : 2112
Reputation : 3
Warning level : Banned

Re: telnames support chat live

Post by directtel on Mon 17 Dec 2012, 2:16 am

kprobe wrote:
JH wrote:
I told Aled my web link to YouTube is not working, because capital letters get changed into lower case characters.
He promised me to rectify this problem!

Yes this needs to be fixed asap. It affects all URL strings, not just YT.
Can you believe Telnames was not able to fix this little problem within 3 months? It seems in London winter holiday happens directly after the summer break! I'm speechless!
avatar
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Location : Dorset UK
Join date : 2012-06-11
Posts : 2225 Points : 45297
Reputation : 836
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames support chat live

Post by mikeseaton on Mon 17 Dec 2012, 7:10 am

directtel wrote:
kprobe wrote:
JH wrote:
I told Aled my web link to YouTube is not working, because capital letters get changed into lower case characters.
He promised me to rectify this problem!

Yes this needs to be fixed asap. It affects all URL strings, not just YT.
Can you believe Telnames was not able to fix this little problem within 3 months? It seems in London winter holiday happens directly after the summer break! I'm speechless!
Whilst fixing the above, I do wish they would STOP replacing all "+" symbols (universally accepted by browsers) in URL parameter strings with "%20" i.e. the code for a space.

This does sometimes cause logic problems - depending on how the software parsing the URL parameter string has been written - please just leave the "+" symbol alone !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

PS. This request was made some time ago on Telnic's Forum but nothing happened.


___________________________________________________
Domain Sales: Sedo
eBay Shop: Mike 321 UK
Search Engines: Web | Video | Facebook | Google+ | Pinterest | Tel | Twitter
avatar
Teler
Junior Member
Junior Member

Join date : 2012-09-11
Posts : 48 Points : 2678
Reputation : 12
Warning level : Banned

Re: telnames support chat live

Post by Teler on Mon 17 Dec 2012, 4:12 pm

directtel wrote:Can you believe Telnames was not able to fix this little problem within 3 months? It seems in London winter holiday happens directly after the summer break! I'm speechless!
Cool down

Telnames has only 4,000 customers

For whom they should correct those little mistakes?

In case Telnames would have a significant customer base, they would start thinking about enhancing their product
avatar
Sunrise
Insider
Insider

Join date : 2012-08-10
Posts : 736 Points : 19711
Reputation : 540
Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames support chat live

Post by Sunrise on Mon 17 Dec 2012, 4:25 pm

To Telnames happens the same what happened to Tenic before.
After not enough customers could be attracted, they just reduced their service.
Can you see the pattern?

Sponsored content

Re: telnames support chat live

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:49 am