WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

telnames support chat live

hulltv

Warning level : 75 %

telnames support chat live

Post by hulltv on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 9:26 am

logging on to telnames i see you can chat to staff what a shame [Inappropriate words deleted! - The admin]...i wonder what name they will pop up next tellocal maybe or telme the list can be endless.

JH
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Warning level : 100 %

Re: telnames support chat live

Post by JH on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 9:33 am

Ha, I was one minute faster than you: http://www.teltalk.org/t521-great-customer-support-at-telnames
I told Aled my web link to YouTube is not working, because capital letters get changed into lower case characters.
He promised me to rectify this problem!
hulltv

Post by hulltv on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 9:36 am

i dont think hes talking to me since i last told him he was a [Inappropriate word deleted! - The admin]...

Post by hulltv on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 9:38 am

i hope we dont see lots of telnames poping up with no content as domainers start reg everything.....

JH
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by JH on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 9:41 am

hulltv wrote:i dont think hes talking to me since i last told him he was a [Inappropriate words deleted! - The admin]...
That's why!
Telnamer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Telnamer on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:10 am

hulltv wrote:i hope we dont see lots of telnames poping up with no content as domainers start reg everything.....
No danger; domainers will reg with $10 for a price of 40% only (instead of £14.95).
If you check the registrations, you will notice all Telnames customers are serious businesses without relation to the domain market.
That means less hassle for Telnames and we can expect DotTelnames will show real content (not the garbage as at DotTelnics).
kprobe
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by kprobe on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:13 am

JH wrote:
I told Aled my web link to YouTube is not working, because capital letters get changed into lower case characters.

Yes this needs to be fixed asap. It affects all URL strings, not just YT.

kprobe
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by kprobe on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:18 am

hulltv wrote:logging on to telnames i see you can chat to staff what a shame [Inappropriate words deleted! - The admin]...i wonder what name they will pop up next tellocal maybe or telme the list can be endless.

I can't believe Alex allowed this post to appear on this forum. No need to insult staff. Besides you are wrong about Aled - he is helpful and responsive.

Alex
Admin

Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
owner "tel.community" instead!

Post by Alex on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:54 am

kprobe wrote:Aled - he is helpful and responsive.
I agree with that!

All comments on this forum get treated under the terms of the forum rules.

I have left TelTalk.org. Please contact the new forum owner tel.community instead!
Expert
Insider
Insider

Post by Expert on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:28 am

Telnamer wrote:
hulltv wrote:i hope we dont see lots of telnames poping up with no content as domainers start reg everything.....
No danger; domainers will reg with $10 for a price of 40% only (instead of £14.95).
If you check the registrations, you will notice all Telnames customers are serious businesses without relation to the domain market.
That means less hassle for Telnames and we can expect DotTelnames will show real content (not the garbage as at DotTelnics).
This is a very interesting point which I haven't realized before:

By developing Telnames only, they can keep the domainers away. Domainers were always complaining only about .tel and were not able to push .tel upwards.
This could be a reason why Telnic's customers don't get the template currently used at Telnames, because that would attract only domainers once again.

Now Telnames is completely reaching out for valuable customers and building a good relationship to small businesses.
That is what brings benefit to the whole idea of .tel. Meanwhile domainers won't destroy the .tel idea by parking, placing only advertisement or letting the Telnames domains completely empty.
Telnamer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Telnamer on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:34 am

Expert wrote:Now Telnames is completely reaching out for valuable customers and building a good relationship to small businesses.
As I said Telnames have a great product and for the first time they approach the right customers.
The future for tel can only be awesome.
Rambo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Rambo on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:48 am

Expert wrote:By developing Telnames only, they can keep the domainers away. Domainers were always complaining only about .tel and were not able to push .tel upwards.
This could be a reason why Telnic's customers don't get the template currently used at Telnames, because that would attract only domainers once again.
That is nonsense! If domainers would see that .tel domains are useable, they would start developing them too. If the old .tel owners from Telnic don't get a practical design, then 250.000 .tel domains will stay empty just as they are now. That is the most damaging effect!

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel on Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:35 pm

Expert wrote:
Telnamer wrote:
This is a very interesting point which I haven't realized before:

By developing Telnames only, they can keep the domainers away. Domainers were always complaining only about .tel and were not able to push .tel upwards.

Now Telnames is completely reaching out for valuable customers and building a good relationship to small businesses.
That is what brings benefit to the whole idea of .tel. Meanwhile domainers won't destroy the .tel idea by parking, placing only advertisement or letting the Telnames domains completely empty.

All it would take was for one big investment company to run their own proxy, buying up thousands of drops, calculating the traffic metrics to see which to keep and which to dump then displaying them as if adverts are the actual content.

I believe they pick up to make a cent/penny and over millions they rake in income, so at the end of the day I don't see why such investors can't pursuit .tel, it's only the smaller investors and speculators that was telnics issue if any.

Even I got into the funk of buying things with a sense of hope, before waking up and dumping the lot in favor of actually trying to do something that's within my reach.
directtel

Warning level : Banned

Post by directtel on Mon 17 Dec 2012, 2:16 am

kprobe wrote:
JH wrote:

Can you believe Telnames was not able to fix this little problem within 3 months? It seems in London winter holiday happens directly after the summer break! I'm speechless!
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Mon 17 Dec 2012, 7:10 am

directtel wrote:
kprobe wrote:
JH wrote:

Can you believe Telnames was not able to fix this little problem within 3 months? It seems in London winter holiday happens directly after the summer break! I'm speechless!
Whilst fixing the above, I do wish they would STOP replacing all "+" symbols (universally accepted by browsers) in URL parameter strings with "%20" i.e. the code for a space.

This does sometimes cause logic problems - depending on how the software parsing the URL parameter string has been written - please just leave the "+" symbol alone !

http://MikeSeaton.tel

PS. This request was made some time ago on Telnic's Forum but nothing happened.

Teler

Warning level : Banned

Post by Teler on Mon 17 Dec 2012, 4:12 pm

directtel wrote:Can you believe Telnames was not able to fix this little problem within 3 months? It seems in London winter holiday happens directly after the summer break! I'm speechless!
Cool down

Telnames has only 4,000 customers

For whom they should correct those little mistakes?

In case Telnames would have a significant customer base, they would start thinking about enhancing their product
Sunrise
Insider
Insider

Post by Sunrise on Mon 17 Dec 2012, 4:25 pm

To Telnames happens the same what happened to Tenic before.
After not enough customers could be attracted, they just reduced their service.
Can you see the pattern?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 9:49 am