WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

DOES TELNIC NEVER LEARN ?

mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Warning level : 100 %

DOES TELNIC NEVER LEARN ?

Post by mikeseaton on Wed 03 Oct 2012, 5:17 pm

I've just gone to login to http://telnic.org/forum (the only forum I know where you have to login just to read posts - a big discouragement to newbies) and been met with the following message:

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
I assume it was for a link I placed on Telnic's forum to a TelTalk post I made this evening at http://www.teltalk.org/t555p16-isn-t-telnames-a-good-thing#2751

A company dedicated to changing the way the world communicates gets scared when its customers ask perfectly reasonable questions on an open forum.

Does Telnic never learn ?

http://MikeSeaton.tel
Rambo
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: DOES TELNIC NEVER LEARN ?

Post by Rambo on Wed 03 Oct 2012, 5:42 pm

I’m very surprised. You’ve been such a big supporter for Telnic. I guess nobody else kept the faith like you and tried to keep the communication for this project alive (even you’ve spoken out your mind clearly - but always fair). And Telnic is treating you like this? Who else will write at Telnic after more than half of all forum posts have been created by you?
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Wed 03 Oct 2012, 6:12 pm

Thanks for your comments Rambo - it does make you question the sense of spending more time/money on the .tel project whilst such a mindset presides at Telnic !

Maybe we should all be like Jens (user JH), put our remaining .tels on the backburner, and come back in a few years time if/when .tel finally reaches "Joe Public" ?

fustachio.tel

Zodiac : Pisces Chinese zodiac : Pig

Post by fustachio.tel on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 8:08 am

So we're now at war with telnic? community vs provider?
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 8:14 am

fustachio.tel wrote:So we're now at war with telnic? community vs provider?
It doesn't have to be like that.

All forum members are asking is for the provider (Telnic Ltd.) to provide the Telnames template (and associated control panel) that Telnic/Telnames have spent the last year working on to all their customers via the established registrars that we use.

Seems a perfectly reasonable request to me !

Sunrise
Insider
Insider

Post by Sunrise on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 12:50 pm

Mike, don't be sad for being banned.
You're in good company with a lot of members who wonder why Telnic stopped their open communication from the past.
And I don't see this as a war either.
I think most of us only want to guide Telnic in the right direction.
Nobody has interest in damaging Telnic.
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 1:20 pm

Sunrise wrote:Mike, don't be sad for being banned.
You're in good company with a lot of members who wonder why Telnic stopped their open communication from the past.
Not sad at all for myself.

Every significant post I have made recently has been on this TelTalk forum, since newbies browsing about .tel can actually read posts without having to register and log in first !

But I am sad for the .tel project that Telnic feels the only way to deal with dissatisfied customers is to try to ban them from voicing their opinions !

The number of people banned from Telnic's forum recently simpy makes it look like:

Telnic - The Company That Wants To Change The Way The World Communicates - Is Unable To Communicate Effectively With Its Customers !

Telnamer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Telnamer on Thu 04 Oct 2012, 3:44 pm

mikeseaton wrote:But I am sad for the .tel project that Telnic feels the only way to deal with dissatisfied customers is to try to ban them from voicing their opinions !
If Telnic think there is no benefit in discussing business ideas with their customers, so be it.
But at least they should update them on important changes, especially something like Telnames.
If was very foreseeable old customers would complain if on behalf of a different group of customers only an amazing product gets developed while the early buyers are excluded.
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 11:24 am

Telnamer wrote:If Telnic think there is no benefit in discussing business ideas with their customers, so be it.
But at least they should update them on important changes, especially something like Telnames.
If was very foreseeable old customers would complain if on behalf of a different group of customers only an amazing product gets developed while the early buyers are excluded.
Totally agree with the above bolded comment by Telnamer.

I am surprised Telnic thought they could get away with it without risking a formal complaint being made to ICANN - see http://www.teltalk.org/t559p32-icann-complaint-against-telnames#2795

JH
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by JH on Fri 05 Oct 2012, 5:28 pm

mikeseaton wrote:
Maybe we should all be like Jens (user JH), put our remaining .tels on the backburner, and come back in a few years time if/when .tel finally reaches "Joe Public" ?
IMHO the only reasonable thing to do.
I believe in the .tel concept a lot, but first we need what customers are asking for.
As example I'm waiting since years for a website design which gives visitors of my .tels (at Telnic) a professional impression.
As soon this has been provided I will start developing my .tels immediately. Until then I don't see benefit in putting much time into this project.
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 12:30 pm

JH wrote:I believe in the .tel concept a lot, but first we need what customers are asking for.
As example I'm waiting since years for a website design which gives visitors of my .tels (at Telnic) a professional impression.
As soon this has been provided I will start developing my .tels immediately. Until then I don't see benefit in putting much time into this project.
Yes Jens, I think more and more .tel owners will regretfully come to this decision, particularly if Telnic continue to refuse to make the Telnames template available to all regardless of their registrar.

fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 1:28 pm

Yes but we're not the be all and end all, if you remember the info-graphic most domains are owned by one person sorta so there's at least well over 50,000 customers? thus as long as they continue to see value in it, it would be hard to convince telnic to upgrade the themes again and impossible in my eyes to get the telnames theme for telnic as all marketing and budgeting has taken place and we can't force a change without breaking the whole concept.

And if we're like what? 20 people that are complaining I don't see why they're supposed to listen to us, maybe if you put things in context and show us how much you invested from start to finish in .tel and show us why you should be listened too we're only going to get railroaded by being semi anon.

First build a community, then build a voice because 20 is not enough and you might say oh there's 80+ accounts here! well I don't feel there is I think some of you are playing games with multiple accounts, and other than what I have (I have 2 one is old and this one) I don't find it ever acceptable to pertain to that kinda conduct as part of a community we need trust in each other and if you're just random with nothing to back it up you're just words and random noise.

Which is why I preferred a login system that at least in some way shows you're invested with a .tel even if that's just a login and your .tel is anonymous to us and the pubic, but you're then granted a star or other color in your name title to show us it is linked and only the admin can see it, we can have the best of both worlds and we could at least trust more of what people put on the table for us to eat up, but right now I feel played so I'm less inclined to participate.

If teltalk is to be the big .tel community then it needs some accountability from people who put their voice into the mix, I'm not against anonymity and it's great when people want to test out ideas, but it seems like this forum is now some PR/Game between haters and liker's and not really in the spirit of coming together to do anything other than complain.

fustachio.tel

Post by fustachio.tel on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 1:53 pm

And further more saying you're not going to do anything with your dot tel domains (for alleged years) is clearly not in the spirit of this community, neither is holding onto them when someone else can come along and try to make them work for them.

If you really care about the whole .tel concept we just need to s**k it up and accept what .tel is at the moment and work on doing project's together to move forward, so we're in a better position to re-approach telnic and in some cases so we can do more things ourself's and are not forced to wait for telnic and telnames.

If telnames can make a deal with that company then so can we as a community in the future it's a goal worth working towards, then we could provide what people are needing, a more advanced and a more complex proxy if not and you just want to sit on your dot tel domains and do nothing for years, nothing will happen other than you'll become grumpy and sour and lose money.

I know this to be true as I have participated in a big community called Second Life and what happens is the same everywhere just like it's happening here right now, when you don't get what you want and you're unwilling to do anything about it than complain year after year but not move on from it, it eats into your soul and heart and you end up being a toxic element to that the community and all new people who come to try it.

Also being banned from telnic forums is not "being removed" if you Google a certain individual "Prokofy Neva" in Second Life that has been banned from plenty of website sections and still is allowed to be toxic as shes a paying customer, shes the kinda toxic mentality of people who latch onto things and never leave and never want to change their POV, who move from website subdomain to website subdomain to website to website being banned and spewing toxic filth and none of us want to end up like that.
Sunrise
Insider
Insider

Post by Sunrise on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:16 pm

mikeseaton wrote:
JH wrote:I believe in the .tel concept a lot, but first we need what customers are asking for.
Yes Jens, I think more and more .tel owners will regretfully come to this decision, particularly if Telnic continue to refuse to make the Telnames template available to all regardless of their registrar.

I don't know why Telnames was created in the first place.
Why they haven't launched the product for all customers instead?

What will happen next?
Creating a great template for directories and founding a third company for it?
Telnic, Telnames, Teldirectories?
kprobe
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by kprobe on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:25 pm

@fustachio, I very much commend you for your comments and admire your continued positive and fair spirit. This all rings true. Telnic is not listening to those few people who work against Telnic. If there are 50,000 owners and a handful of "complainers", it matters not to Telnic. What matters to Telnic is getting awareness for the TLD by people actually using them.

The people who accumulate domains for no immediate purpose and do nothing but complain do not help the .Tel community. Case in point: I tried to get someone here (you know who you are) to sell me a domain, that I would then in turn donate to a company for wider awareness for this TLD, but failed in getting it for one reason after another. Sure my offer was below perhaps what one might reasonably expect to get in a couple of years, but it was for the good of the community.

There are too many here doing nothing with their domains and it's about time the PRO-TEL faction had a voice. I have initiatives started in many areas, as do others trying to cultivate awareness. It's time the complainers started doing the same.

This forum was created to be more open and I will criticize those who keep whining like children that don't get their way.

We have to work respectfully and positively to be heard by Telnic, but more importantly do something with both the assets we already have and what the registry has given us to date.

Mark

Sunrise
Insider
Insider

Post by Sunrise on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:35 pm

fustachio.tel wrote:If teltalk is to be the big .tel community then it needs some accountability from people who put their voice into the mix, I'm not against anonymity and it's great when people want to test out ideas, but it seems like this forum is now some PR/Game between haters and liker's and not really in the spirit of coming together to do anything other than complain.
Hopefully Teltalk won't be a place for complains only.
The question is why people who write about Telnic are complaining.
Can it be it's Telnic's fault, at least partly?

Looking at Telnic's forum isn't a different story.
Many members did only complain, so Telnic deleted many comments and is hiding the rest from the public.

It looks like that Telnic don't like the feedback from their customers, because it isn't pleasant.
Telnic have to ask themselves why they earn so much criticism.

Honestly the reasons are very easy to identify:
1.) Announcing software enhancements and canceling them (roadmap)
2.) Stopping all kind of information
3.) Not responding to complains
4.) Slow development
5.) Irritating customers by creating Telnames without any explanation about this strategy

How you can expect in this situation not to geed negative feedback?

And BTW I don't read only bad things on Teltalk about TEL.
Many comments about the technology here are very well-meant, but of course the criticism sounds much more interesting and exciting.

Eliminate the causes for the criticism and the feedback will improve without any doubt.
mikeseaton
High-Flyer
High-Flyer

Post by mikeseaton on Sat 06 Oct 2012, 5:53 pm

Sunrise wrote:It looks like that Telnic don't like the feedback from their customers, because it isn't pleasant.
Telnic have to ask themselves why they earn so much criticism.

Honestly the reasons are very easy to identify:
1.) Announcing software enhancements and canceling them (roadmap)
2.) Stopping all kind of information
3.) Not responding to complains
4.) Slow development
5.) Irritating customers by creating Telnames without any explanation about this strategy
Well said Sunrise, it's about time a more business like approach was taken with .tel !

It's NOT an academic community exercise, ASK the investors who put up $35,000,000 and they will tell you it's a serious business investment that needs customers, new and repeat, to survive.

So if Telnic takes actions, such as creating a new desirable Telnames template and then denies it to all existing Telnic customers that is NOT good business practice, and will rightly result in complaints from .tel owners who just want to see .tel succeed worldwide.

Let's face it, after 3.5 years there are only just over 2K .tel owners with the new Telnames template, which quite clearly is the future face of .tel - ZERO marketing is being done now for the old Telnic (sometimes called Pro) templates.

So please stop treating .tel as an academic community exercise, internet business success doesn't happen like that, and realise that to succeed Telnic/Telnames needs to take a leaf out of Apple's book:

Give Customers What They Want (Or Can Be Persuaded To Desire) And They Will Keep Coming Back For More - It's Not Rocket Science !

Telminator
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Warning level : Banned

Post by Telminator on Sun 14 Oct 2012, 6:46 am

mikeseaton wrote:You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
You miss nothing. After they have kicked you out, there is nobody left writing anymore.
Telnot
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Telnot on Sat 20 Oct 2012, 2:32 am

No, Telnic does never learn, because they have to work!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 22 Sep 2017, 7:38 am