WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the Tel.community.

You are invited to participate in the growing .tel
community!

To take full advantage of everything offered by
our forum, please log in if you are already a
member or join our community if you're not yet.

The registration at TelTalk.org is free and easy!

Thank you for participation!
WWW . TEL . COMMUNITY - The .tel domain forum

Welcome to the objective forum for .tel domains! Read it first when anything is happening with .tel!

Please join the LIVE CHAT for all REGISTERED members at the bottom of our forum!

What does the .Tel expression mean to you?

Artaban
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

.tel domain : Industria.tel
Zodiac : Taurus Chinese zodiac : Goat
Warning level : 100 %

Post by Artaban on Wed 09 May 2012, 11:31 am

For me, the best concept to be represented by .Tel as expression, is "Telematics".

Alex
Admin

Comments : I have left TelTalk.org.

Please contact the new forum
owner "tel.community" instead!

Re: What does the .Tel expression mean to you?

Post by Alex on Wed 09 May 2012, 12:22 pm

Nice idea!

I have another suggestion:
For me the meaning of .tel is just as simple as it sounds: .tel is the abbreviation for telephone which includes the future target that every phone owner should own a .tel domain, too.

Therefore I like the previous advertisement from Webnames.ca at oneVancouver here (click for more information):

Last edited by TelTalk on Wed 09 May 2012, 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

I have left TelTalk.org. Please contact the new forum owner tel.community instead!
Bunjie
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie on Wed 09 May 2012, 12:43 pm

Artaban wrote:For me, the best concept to be represented by .Tel as expression, is "Telematics".

For anyone who wants to read about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telematics

I like the concept the only problem with .tel is if you need almost instant metrics down to within 1-2 seconds that there is some delay in the proxy showing the updated data, telnic promised 5mins max delay? I'm only guessing this is due to how the proxy serves a 'cache' of the .tel information? and that it's not as close to 'real' time, but getting the information from the DNS by api/lookup aka 'direct' is quicker? and that's really all .tel needs, more applications that read the data without wasting resources on a proxy which can be 'themed' on the client/app side to save bandwidth and therefor money.

Telnic wanted to promote this idea, some of us did moan at the time that we needed proxy basics finished before they go back to the idea of devices storing data in the .tel dns, they were particularly interested in refrigerators perhaps something to do with temperature or a refrigerator leaving a warning that it's not working correctly etc or leaking... these would be ideal micro 'projects' for us to work on as a community and publish at a teltalk blog, what do you think?

Alex
Admin

Post by Alex on Wed 09 May 2012, 1:39 pm

That's interesting; I didn't know about Telematics and the relation to .tel.

I was already thinking about publishing a blog for TelTalk.
Since this forum opened only for 10 days perhaps we need to collect more members first.
But as soon the interest is there; I can publish a blog under http://blog.teltalk.org easily.

I have left TelTalk.org. Please contact the new forum owner tel.community instead!
Bunjie
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Bunjie on Wed 09 May 2012, 2:25 pm

TelTalk wrote:Nice idea!

I have another suggestion:
For me the meaning of .tel is just as simple as it sounds: .tel is the abbreviation for telephone which includes the future target that every phone owner should own a .tel domain, too.

Therefore I like the previous advertisement from Webnames.ca at oneVancouver here (click for more information):

I think the 'what is your .tel' is all ready somewhat outdated and failed marketing, based on what Artaban said and my own ideas it should be 'what do you want to .tel' .tel being the simple way to display complex personified information to a multitude of corporate and private systems, with the profiles system I'd like to see websites use (brand them) to store customer data aka making 'data portability' start with me and not with them, and see the control panel display what a company knows about me in a nice branded sub profile inc all comments made (and allow me to edit or wipe them) that is then updated on their system, when I leave a service and my '.tel connection is severed' aka I revoked access for them to update & store my data under a sub profile then I would expect them to wipe their cache of my data within a few hours if I request it.

With .tel Oath and OpenId I should be able to reattach myself to a service with a simple login and if I didn't opt to clean out the sub profile have it imported back in from what is stored in my .tel from my previous contact with them, be it 'comments' or for 'payments' or what ever.

Telnames

Telnames is for professionals and like we, it requires a private profile setup for resumes that should be transfered to a caller or someone you call at the push of one button, when I phone a company and say 'I'm interested in a job or job X' that company should use it's granted oath and telnic api access to do a lookup on my phone number through all hidden back end .tel data, (telnic all ready has the sas for law enforcement and courts'.

When their system receives a positive match to a .tel name the phone should flash a purple button, I press it and my contact data and resume is transfered to their systems so I don't even need to give my .tel name or spend longer than necessary to say I'm interested in that job.

To make sure someone can't register your phone on their .tel, as all phones have a special unique number not just the actual phone number we can make a registration system to take that ID+Phone number and add a confirmed partnership between that data, aka a tick or what ever aka locked 'note flag' to say the phone id+number are a current pair.

As for telnames If I do get one for my 'brand' and add my personal .tel to it, then I want it to not take someone directly to my .tel but to show the data stored in my personal .tel under the 'work' profile on a phantom subdomain so that it maintains a persons 'brand' perspective of me.

Because a .tel is not just a book cover it's an a-z of my lifes encyclopedias.

Alex
Admin

Post by Alex on Wed 09 May 2012, 5:10 pm

TelTalk wrote:I can publish a blog under http://blog.teltalk.org easily.
The blog is online now, but without content yet!

Artaban
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

.tel domain : Industria.tel
Zodiac : Taurus Chinese zodiac : Goat

Post by Artaban on Thu 10 May 2012, 2:17 am

Bunjie, I make some effort to understand the texts, because of the language, but I see that you have very interesting ideas. This forum and also the new blog, for various reasons, seem to be starting on the right foot. Teltalk, ¡thanks again for this space!

Alex
Admin

Post by Alex on Thu 10 May 2012, 3:29 am

Artaban, Thank you for your kindness!

Don't worry about the language; your English skill is very good and not everything needs to be perfect.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 9:38 pm